Author Topic: DLX Shapes  (Read 225806 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 940
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Re: DLX Shapes
« Reply #240 on: June 17, 2017, 08:20:43 PM »
Seen one Krooked deck with the new 8.18 full shape. Any idea when this shape is going on some Real decks? I want a new board and am torn between 8" and 8.25" and feel the 8.18" would be a good stepping stone.

Which model? I looked for dlx fulls the other day in hopes of finding an 8.18 full.

EDIT: found it (based on copy)

http://krookedskateboarding.com/

http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Krooked_Worrest_F-This_Deck/descpage-KKBWFTDK.html
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 08:36:54 PM by Xen »

vancanman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
« Reply #241 on: June 19, 2017, 12:48:36 AM »
Just picked up an AH 8.5" full shape...

this could be shape I ride until I'm done...

Nice long tail 6.75" and 14.6 wheelbase. Holds its width nicely the entire length. Might  even beat out my old faithful 8.62". Stoked.

I'm riding the same shape right now. I always bought the 8.75 for the wheelbase and length. This 8.5 full is amazing. It's somehow a quarter inch longer than the 8.75 even though it's listed as being a little shorter.

Chinaski's underpants

• Rep: 1
« Reply #242 on: June 22, 2017, 05:41:57 AM »
Any word when that Thiebaud Krooked guest board will be available?

The shape looks fun, dunno if my wall will let me skate it though!

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #243 on: June 22, 2017, 10:48:36 AM »

They are available for purchase by shops now!

N.L.

« Reply #244 on: June 22, 2017, 11:29:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Any pics? What size is it?

aloftystandard

• Rep: 2
« Reply #245 on: June 23, 2017, 08:50:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I saw him opening the box on insta and there is never a real good shot of the graphic. It appears to be a Gonzafied hanging klansman on the original shape. cant wait to see a good pic. Really hoping to get my hands on one I got my local on it but sometimes they flake...

LennyDLXSF

« Reply #246 on: June 23, 2017, 10:18:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

No official pics yet, but here are the dimensions: 9.75 x 31.56  - 14.1 wb

Same shape as the last REAL release!

Thrash-trash

• Rep: 4
« Reply #247 on: June 25, 2017, 01:02:21 PM »
3 sessions in on my Anti Hero T-Mo square shovel head 8.4/32.25 with 14.5wb.  It has the III stamped on the top ply of the truck bolts.  This might be the perfect ATV size and shape.  Prob my 6 or 7th AH deck in a row, with 1 Doomsayer shovel nose/tail deck in there which I believe is Generator wood also.  Keep up the great work DLX, and I'll keep buying and riding them...

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #248 on: June 25, 2017, 01:39:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
I saw him opening the box on insta and there is never a real good shot of the graphic. It appears to be a Gonzafied hanging klansman on the original shape. cant wait to see a good pic. Really hoping to get my hands on one I got my local on it but sometimes they flake...
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVnglHrnsNm/?taken-by=krooked

Can we talk about the joy in the man's face?
Dude deserves to be treated like that for what he does for the industry!!!
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #249 on: June 26, 2017, 07:58:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVnglHrnsNm/?taken-by=krooked

Can we talk about the joy in the man's face?
Dude deserves to be treated like that for what he does for the industry!!!

Aww and The Good Homie? handed it to him. Luv u Pat.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #250 on: July 14, 2017, 12:17:25 PM »
Anybody know what the Real Full Shape SE decks are? I know that Reals 8.38 fulls are basically 32.5in but this Full Shape SE board says its 32.18in long was this just a couple of weird listings or is it actually a different shape?!?! I love the 8.38's shape but its too long for me and I would jizz my pants if this was for real.

LennyDLXSF

« Reply #251 on: July 17, 2017, 11:38:44 AM »
Anybody know what the Real Full Shape SE decks are? I know that Reals 8.38 fulls are basically 32.5in but this Full Shape SE board says its 32.18in long was this just a couple of weird listings or is it actually a different shape?!?! I love the 8.38's shape but its too long for me and I would jizz my pants if this was for real.

Prepare your pants for jizz my man!

Full SE decks are the same shapes as normal full's, just with different lengths and wheelbases.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #252 on: July 17, 2017, 11:52:52 AM »
I tried to prepare myself but I failed. I jizzed everywhere and it's going to take awhile to clean it all up. This is the most beautiful thing I've heard since Gary Rogers being so politically incorrect on national television!

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #253 on: July 17, 2017, 12:00:42 PM »
Been loving the 8.3 Ishod twin tail so far, even coming from a longer, wider 8.38 Full. Steeper concave took a second to get used to but I prefer it steep anyway so once I adjusted it felt perfect. Might stick with these for a while. I've skated Reals for my last 5 out of 6 boards so far this year, keep killing it with the shapes!

Strayed from thunder tho but I might be tempted back if they ever come out with that extended baseplate for slides....

micky682

« Reply #254 on: July 17, 2017, 12:41:04 PM »
Been loving the 8.3 Ishod twin tail so far, even coming from a longer, wider 8.38 Full. Steeper concave took a second to get used to but I prefer it steep anyway so once I adjusted it felt perfect. Might stick with these for a while. I've skated Reals for my last 5 out of 6 boards so far this year, keep killing it with the shapes!

Strayed from thunder tho but I might be tempted back if they ever come out with that extended baseplate for slides....
I want to try one, but the 14.4 wheelbase is a little to long for me. Is the shape pointy or round like most DLX?

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #255 on: July 17, 2017, 09:34:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I want to try one, but the 14.4 wheelbase is a little to long for me. Is the shape pointy or round like most DLX?
Interested in hearing more about this shape as well.  Do you miss having a well-defined nose when popping tricks?  Thanks for the feedback Will
All you got is today, get out and skate.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #256 on: July 18, 2017, 07:49:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Interested in hearing more about this shape as well.  Do you miss having a well-defined nose when popping tricks?  Thanks for the feedback Will

Honestly when I first looked at it I wasn't sure because I always have prefered shapes like their Full decks which are a little more square shaped and these are a little rounder/pointier. Not that they're pointy like baker boards just not as square as the fulls. The "tails" are obviously s little shorter than your average nose but they're a little bigger than the normal tails too so it doesn't feel like you don't have enough space for your feet on the ends, which was my biggest worry personally. I think the steep concave works with the shape because if it were mellow I think the ends would feel too short, but the concave makes it easier to feel the tail so it works out. I literally just skate it symmetrically I don't pay attention to which end is which I just skate it however and it's great. My trucks are getting grounded down more evenly as well whereas normally for myself, it's pretty obvious which end I do crooks on and which end I'm doing smiths/feebles, etc. overall I was a little nervous at first straying from my tried and true 8.38 Full which is wider & a little longer than the 8.3 twin tail but it worked out for me and would recommend trying if interested.

Edit: Also, tail/noseslides are good to go too. Again I was worried that the shorter ends would make those tricks harder but ends are juuuust long enough that you can lock in & stand on your slides without feeling like you don't have enough room
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 07:54:07 AM by DaSk8D00D »

patrick c.

« Reply #257 on: July 18, 2017, 11:52:54 AM »
Thanks again Will I'm definitely going to try one out for my next board.
All you got is today, get out and skate.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #258 on: July 19, 2017, 12:20:46 PM »
The Raney shape that's 8.28 x 31.7 ... due to shape is that an Indy 139 or 149? I hate when trucks stick out. I guess I could ask on 144 too but that's still too new for me to deal with yet.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 12:22:19 PM by fang »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #259 on: July 19, 2017, 12:29:59 PM »
Has Cherb creamed his jeans yet or not? pics?

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #260 on: July 19, 2017, 08:29:19 PM »
Has Cherb creamed his jeans yet or not? pics?
I creamed them all right. Didn't take pics though srry fam.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #261 on: July 19, 2017, 10:18:51 PM »
saw that theres an 8, 8.25, 8.38, and 8.5 twin tail ishod for fall.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #262 on: July 20, 2017, 01:03:49 AM »

Interesting. Got any more specs? I'm interested in the measurements, especially the 8.38" and 8.5" ones.

bo golden

« Reply #263 on: July 24, 2017, 11:25:13 AM »
My favorite board of all time is a Julien Stranger from about 4 years ago.  The graphic has a baby sitting in a car seat with pigeons writing on him.  Its called "one eye open" or something along those lines.  It's an 8.38 and has somewhat of a pointy nose.  If someone can tell me if DLX still makes this shape and what boards they are I will order two when i get home.  Thanks!

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #264 on: July 24, 2017, 04:30:56 PM »
Sounds like the typical 8.38 they use often, but knowing the other measurements like length and wheelbase usually helps narrow that down.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 940
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #265 on: July 24, 2017, 07:24:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Interesting. Got any more specs? I'm interested in the measurements, especially the 8.38" and 8.5" ones.

would dig the current ishod tt as is dimension-wise just 'full'

ferraveemo

« Reply #266 on: July 25, 2017, 01:37:09 AM »
any more 18's that are coming with a much shorter wheelbase? atleast 14.25-14.1(0)???

the last one's i saw were the eagle in brown stain 8.28 fulls and the julien stranger goiter board.

micky682

« Reply #267 on: July 25, 2017, 05:34:57 AM »
any more 18's that are coming with a much shorter wheelbase? atleast 14.25-14.1(0)???

the last one's i saw were the eagle in brown stain 8.28 fulls and the julien stranger goiter board.
Some of their 8.25 have a 14.25 wheelbase, but the navy eagle 8.5 always has a 14.25 WB as well as their 8.28 x31.65.

bo golden

« Reply #268 on: July 25, 2017, 09:26:29 AM »
Sounds like the typical 8.38 they use often, but knowing the other measurements like length and wheelbase usually helps narrow that down.

Thanks homie, i'll take that board with me next time I go up to Bluetile and sort it out. 

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
« Reply #269 on: July 26, 2017, 06:33:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Some of their 8.25 have a 14.25 wheelbase, but the navy eagle 8.5 always has a 14.25 WB as well as their 8.28 x31.65.

They have a 8.4 x 32 that's a 14.25 WB.

Also, 8.28 x 31.7 Raney Beres 'Rye' is 14.125 WB.
Enjoy your life.