Author Topic: DLX Shapes  (Read 225639 times)

Pigeon

Re: DLX Shapes
« Reply #330 on: October 20, 2017, 01:36:17 AM »

the snake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #331 on: October 20, 2017, 05:05:54 AM »

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #332 on: November 13, 2017, 09:44:23 AM »
What’s the word on the Full SE shapes? Looks like the dimensions are a hair smaller but is the concave a little more mellow too? I love the normal 8.38 fulls & not sure if I wanna try the SE out or stick to my tried & true. I’d probably prefer the normal fulls if the concave is more mellow on the SE

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #333 on: November 13, 2017, 11:20:29 AM »
What’s the word on the Full SE shapes? Looks like the dimensions are a hair smaller but is the concave a little more mellow too? I love the normal 8.38 fulls & not sure if I wanna try the SE out or stick to my tried & true. I’d probably prefer the normal fulls if the concave is more mellow on the SE

Concave should be about the same.... SE boards are just a bit shorter.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #334 on: November 13, 2017, 11:27:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Concave should be about the same.... SE boards are just a bit shorter.

Cool I think might try one out then, thanks Lenny!

Chippedwood

• Rep: -82
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #335 on: November 16, 2017, 01:46:50 PM »
i really liked an 8.6" Anti hero i had, rode that to the ground, just got better with age. Also loved my 9" krooked team board.
I stepped up to 169s  because only dudes with daddy issues ride under 9". I'd like to see like a 9.25" popsicle.
9.5" popsicle. but keep the body of the board similar to the 8.6, mellow flat, the future of skating is NO grinds, No flips.

Pigeon

« Reply #336 on: November 16, 2017, 10:48:47 PM »
i really liked an 8.6" Anti hero i had, rode that to the ground, just got better with age. Also loved my 9" krooked team board.
I stepped up to 169s  because only dudes with daddy issues ride under 9". I'd like to see like a 9.25" popsicle.
9.5" popsicle. but keep the body of the board similar to the 8.6, mellow flat, the future of skating is NO grinds, No flips.
Pushing and Ollieing are for cucks.

micky682

« Reply #337 on: November 17, 2017, 06:13:24 AM »
Lenny, tell DLX to keep making the slicks. They are amazing!

LennyDLXSF

« Reply #338 on: November 17, 2017, 07:39:07 AM »
Lenny, tell DLX to keep making the slicks. They are amazing!

okay!

Nate.Dog

• Rep: -9
« Reply #339 on: November 17, 2017, 11:12:00 AM »
Is the full SE on any crooked boards? I love my 8.25 full, but I wish the wheelbase was just a little shorter

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #340 on: November 17, 2017, 12:17:20 PM »
@Lenny

So dlx boards are stamped on top at the front truck with roman numerals about where in the stack the board was pressed?

I have 2 krooked boards, same model, a I and a IV. They are identical in concave and tail steepness. The only difference I can see and feel is the I has a steeper nose. Is I the top of the stack? Or the bottom? I feel like it's from the top of the stack.

LennyDLXSF

« Reply #341 on: November 20, 2017, 08:05:34 AM »
Correct, the I is from the top.

The difference is not huge, but there definitely is something there for the super-shape-nerds to take into consideration ;)

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #342 on: November 20, 2017, 09:08:09 AM »

The difference is not huge, but there definitely is something there for the super-shape-nerds to take into consideration ;)

Thanks! I just checked them closer.

The I has steeper nose, slightly steeper tail, slightly deeper concave. I think it's pretty cool to have this info on where in the press it came from!

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #343 on: November 21, 2017, 10:55:49 PM »

Woah...! That’s such an awesome way to get more insight on the shape!!!

I saw the same on my krooked and was wondering what that II was and now I know what to look for cause I’m loving this cromer krooked 8.06!!!
yes

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #344 on: November 25, 2017, 12:40:33 PM »
I really love my krooked 8.75" full shape and the 9" ah eagle deck, is there any chance you guys will make a 9" full shape?

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #345 on: November 26, 2017, 09:24:14 PM »
No idea if this has a shape name but I just got an 8.5 AH with a 14.38 wheel base and I fucking love it.

Nice, short, wheelbase and it's pretty rounded with medium concave. It just feels like a deck should in my opinion.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #346 on: November 27, 2017, 07:48:05 PM »
No idea if this has a shape name but I just got an 8.5 AH with a 14.38 wheel base and I fucking love it.

Nice, short, wheelbase and it's pretty rounded with medium concave. It just feels like a deck should in my opinion.

Which one?

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #347 on: November 27, 2017, 10:08:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Which one?

The BA.

micky682

« Reply #348 on: November 28, 2017, 07:21:40 AM »

I think Anti Hero boards in general just feel like how all decks should.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #349 on: November 28, 2017, 07:23:04 AM »
the AH 8.5 navy eagle is a perfect board as well... prob the same
hardly art, hardly starving

shit_for_brains

« Reply #350 on: November 28, 2017, 07:27:32 AM »
Lenny is there any official statement on if that GT board from the last page will cut your dick off?

LennyDLXSF

« Reply #351 on: November 28, 2017, 08:05:53 AM »
Lenny is there any official statement on if that GT board from the last page will cut your dick off?

Nope, your dicks are safe.

We use a special bevel that is specifically designed to NOT cut off dicks.

Cheers!

shit_for_brains

« Reply #352 on: November 28, 2017, 08:06:35 AM »
What can't you guys do

spanyard

« Reply #353 on: January 13, 2018, 09:53:14 AM »
Hey DLXSF-

Any chance on making a shorter (<32") slick with a super short wheelbase e.g. 14-14.1?  I'm loving my past 3 Reals -  2 Ishod high performance 8.1 and a Walker 8.1 - and would love to ride slicks in this realm...

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #354 on: January 18, 2018, 12:21:03 AM »
@Lenny

So dlx boards are stamped on top at the front truck with roman numerals about where in the stack the board was pressed?

I have 2 krooked boards, same model, a I and a IV. They are identical in concave and tail steepness. The only difference I can see and feel is the I has a steeper nose. Is I the top of the stack? Or the bottom? I feel like it's from the top of the stack.

IMHO, I is the steepest tail/nose/deepest concave, and IV is the flattest, with II and III being in their respective places.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Thrash-trash

• Rep: 4
« Reply #355 on: January 18, 2018, 12:27:04 PM »
Curious to know how well the Anti Hero T Mo and Raney square shovel nose decks did. The T Mo 8.4" deck was awesome, and Im always looking for that shape. The 8.5 + sizes that Raney has, are a bit too wide and I'll need to up the size of my trucks for that shape, but I just love that squarish nose.

Smartass

• Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #356 on: January 18, 2018, 03:18:40 PM »
This thread now has me checking the roman numeral every time I look at DLX decks. Friend picked up a Real the other day and checked and it was a IV. Still has such a nice concave. Wish I had checked what mine was, but I didn't know this stuff when I picked it up. 

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #357 on: January 18, 2018, 03:24:18 PM »
This thread now has me checking the roman numeral every time I look at DLX decks. Friend picked up a Real the other day and checked and it was a IV. Still has such a nice concave. Wish I had checked what mine was, but I didn't know this stuff when I picked it up.

Friend owns a shop. For the last year or so, any time a DLX shipment came in, we checked the roman numerals and compared them to each others impression of their concave and nose/tail steepness. They was especially interesting when he got multiple of the same decks, but they had different numerals on them. We both determined that (I) was the steepest/deepest, and (IV) was the flattest. Personally, I like (II) and (III) the best. (I) is too steep, and (IV) is too flat...but I still ride them if there is no other option.     
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #358 on: January 18, 2018, 04:51:07 PM »
Curious to know how well the Anti Hero T Mo and Raney square shovel nose decks did. The T Mo 8.4" deck was awesome, and Im always looking for that shape. The 8.5 + sizes that Raney has, are a bit too wide and I'll need to up the size of my trucks for that shape, but I just love that squarish nose.
doom sayers shovel nose board?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #359 on: January 18, 2018, 05:46:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Which one?
[close]

I rode that deck for all of one day, hate the pointyround nose and tail as I prefer the full shapes....wish they would make fulls that aren't crazy long....not sure why something full/wide needs to be longer than regular boards.