Author Topic: AO Transworld Interview  (Read 23714 times)

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: AO Transworld Interview
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2015, 08:54:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
In one interview he endorses Red Bull
[close]
You should get on red bull.
"No. I mean, sure. But don't make me wear that hat."
Expand Quote
hates on Heath Kirchart working jobs post-retirement
[close]
"But seriously, out of anyone, I just think he did it so perfectly ... All that stuff wasn't the fairy-tale ending I wanted to read about. Not that that's a bad thing, either."
Expand Quote
hates on a Jason Lee documentary about the Gonz
[close]
I got nothing for this one, but can you really have super high expectations for this with Jason Lee's movie history in the past 10 years? Jason Lee is far from above all criticism.
Expand Quote
brags about being in Dover Street Market
[close]
The interviewed asked about how Bianca does in the fashion market. Should he have given a one-word answer? "Good"? I don't see how this dude doing the fashion thing is any different than those shitty skate rock bands touring.
Expand Quote
how he made pigtails cool
[close]
"Sick. Finally. It took two years to settle in." Is sarcasm in a text format lost upon you?
[close]

I could grab pull-quotes proving my point as well but not going to waste my time since you honestly can't comprehend it to begin with.
[close]
By all means, go ahead. You're already keeping this argument civil with the petty insults. Here are a few more quotes from his Thrasher interview, circa-Pretty Sweet for you to keep in mind as well.

"I never thought I'd be riding for Girl because I never thought I'd be good enough. I still don't."

"I'm worried about the fact that, as I get older, kids get better. Skateboarding just gets harder."

"I would like to not have to film another video part ... I appreciate it, but giving up four years of your life for a skate video project is a lot of effort. Having that little voice in your head saying "You gotta do it" ... For four years, you're asking yourself, "Are you good enough? Is this what you want to be doing?"

What a pompous, self righteous, entitled piece of shit. Am I right?
[close]

Alex, is that you??

Oh, you're referring to the legendary company whom he avoided wearing any clothing of which he abruptly quit so he could hock hilarious overpriced, uninspired clothing? How modest and humble that was of him... ::) ::) ::) ::)

I love how you cautiously avoided the part where I said he critiqued what Heath did AFTER retirement, not his actual retirement. And the part where he said "Red Bull is actually really progressive on music. There like the best thing going in music right now."

Numerous pros (many of which are his "friends") call him out all the time for being a spoiled brat with a negative attitude

Not going to continue feeding this troll. I'm done with this topic.
Haha, I'm a troll for saying something positive about someone. Alright. But while you're still lurking (yeah, I see you), could you point me in the direction of some actual quotes, not just hearsay and assumptions? You only provided one that has nothing to do with skateboarding...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 08:57:36 PM by frank gerwer's nose »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

2thick

• Rep: -63
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2015, 08:56:10 PM »
He said I'm one of the best new guys!!!

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2015, 11:40:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
"But seriously, out of anyone, I just think he did it so perfectly ... All that stuff wasn't the fairy-tale ending I wanted to read about. Not that that's a bad thing, either."
Expand Quote
[close]
I got nothing for this one, but can you really have super high expectations for this with Jason Lee's movie history in the past 10 years? Jason Lee is far from above all criticism.
Expand Quote
[close]
The interviewed asked about how Bianca does in the fashion market. Should he have given a one-word answer? "Good"? I don't see how this dude doing the fashion thing is any different than those shitty skate rock bands touring.
Expand Quote
[close]
"Sick. Finally. It took two years to settle in." Is sarcasm in a text format lost upon you?
[close]

I could grab pull-quotes proving my point as well but not going to waste my time since you honestly can't comprehend it to begin with.
[close]
By all means, go ahead. You're already keeping this argument civil with the petty insults. Here are a few more quotes from his Thrasher interview, circa-Pretty Sweet for you to keep in mind as well.

"I never thought I'd be riding for Girl because I never thought I'd be good enough. I still don't."

"I'm worried about the fact that, as I get older, kids get better. Skateboarding just gets harder."

"I would like to not have to film another video part ... I appreciate it, but giving up four years of your life for a skate video project is a lot of effort. Having that little voice in your head saying "You gotta do it" ... For four years, you're asking yourself, "Are you good enough? Is this what you want to be doing?"

[close]

Alex, is that you??

Oh, you're referring to the legendary company whom he avoided wearing any clothing of which he abruptly quit so he could hock hilarious overpriced, uninspired clothing? How modest and humble that was of him... ::) ::) ::) ::)

I love how you cautiously avoided the part where I said he critiqued what Heath did AFTER retirement, not his actual retirement. And the part where he said "Red Bull is actually really progressive on music. There like the best thing going in music right now."

Numerous pros (many of which are his "friends") call him out all the time for being a spoiled brat with a negative attitude

[close]
Haha, I'm a troll for saying something positive about someone. Alright. But while you're still lurking (yeah, I see you), could you point me in the direction of some actual quotes, not just hearsay and assumptions? You only provided one that has nothing to do with skateboarding...

"There was a shop I went to out here in Greenpoint (Brooklyn) and it was basically a head shop with boards in it. Like all these big name boards on the wall by some bongs and I just wondered, like, "Why the fuck would you sell to this shop? Where is the integrity?"

And where is the integrity?...

"But Dover Street is owned by Comme De Garcons, the Japanese band, so it is all their stuff and then they are super selective about the other brands they carry."

Oh, there it is in a high end Japanese fashion shop...

Speaking of integrity:

"How did that Louis Vuitton commercial come about?

Oh, man. It was a job, so the money was good..."

and wait for it:

"...and then Nike was cool enough to let me do it..."

Good of Nike, a brand world renowned for its integrity...And, then:

"You should get on Red Bull.

No, I mean sure. But I don't want to wear the hat..."

Finally:

"Bianca could just get licensed out to Walmart.

No, I will kill the company before it comes to that. I don't care how much money I'm offered. I'm not going that route, but we will see."

So local shop = no, Japanese fashion house = yes, Louis Vuitton = yes, because Nike says so, Red Bull = Yes (if he can get a tasteful shirt) and

Walmart = no, not never, but we will see.

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2015, 12:13:33 AM »
call me 917 is the skate brand, bianca is a fashion brand. can everyone please stop asking why bianca doesn't sell in skate shops. that being said he is obviously an idiot and an amazing skater.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

fangen

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2015, 01:48:23 AM »

So local shop = no
Japanese fashion house = yes
Louis Vuitton = yes, because Nike says so
Red Bull = Yes (if he can get a tasteful shirt)

and

juuhnuuh

• Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2015, 02:46:02 AM »

Expand Quote

So local shop = no
Japanese fashion house = yes
Louis Vuitton = yes, because Nike says so
Red Bull = Yes (if he can get a tasteful shirt)

and

[close]

So you are criticizing the fact that he is human and can change his mind depending on the situation?

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2015, 03:47:45 AM »
Haha damn dude, some of you is really reaching with the hate on this dude.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2015, 04:20:37 AM »

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2015, 04:49:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hardly reaching and not really hating, just pointing out I disagree with some of his opinions.

His skating speaks for itself, but that doesn't mean we all have to love his brands or his values.

Go and watch the Ishod clip on here.

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2015, 04:50:41 AM »
But do you think Alex Olson would kook you?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2015, 05:05:31 AM »
But do you think Alex Olson would kook you?

No way, the guy is too cool to know what SLAP is, right? Haven't you listened to Jizz Wave?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2015, 05:21:17 AM »
Yeah, definitely too cool to know about Slap. It's not like he mentioned it in the interview...

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2015, 06:37:55 AM »
Yeah, definitely too cool to know about Slap. It's not like he mentioned it in the interview...

Not too sharp on sarcasm, are we?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2015, 07:44:58 AM »
Haha. Sorry man. It was early when I posted that.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2015, 09:44:32 AM »
AO: poor man Brad Cromer

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2015, 10:51:48 PM »
AO: poor man Brad Cromer
I'm sorry but that is just flat out wrong.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2015, 02:11:54 PM »
I think it's rad that we have people in skateboarding that can polarize people this much, seriously. Whether you like the guy or not, the fact that we're having this discussion is what separates skateboarding from being sports. Skateboarding is less what you do and more how you do it, including personality. Eli Reed ("poor man's Alex Olson") has a whole clothing line being sold at Opening Ceremony, but no one gives a shit about that, so I guess he's doing the fashion thing appropriately?

In another post I mentioned how skate culture is way sicker than surfing culture; where people give a shit about contest rankings, support giant companies that sell at Wal-Mart, and the most hyped dudes are vapid fitness balls. Love it or hate it, AO is keeping skateboarding interesting.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2015, 08:56:45 AM »
He said I'm one of the best new guys!!!
you must be the blank?

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765

Still Tippin

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2015, 05:39:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Alex, is that you??

I love how you cautiously avoided the part where I said he critiqued what Heath did AFTER retirement, not his actual retirement. .. And the part where he said "Red Bull is actually really progressive on music. There like the best thing going in music right now."

You see, critiquing a guy who chooses to deliver pizzas, bartend, TM is the exact thing a pompous, out of touch kid would do.

Numerous pros (some of which are his "friends") have called him out for being a spoiled brat with a negative attitude

God I hope you stay true to the last statement

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2015, 08:26:05 AM »
i wouldnt call him humble, just duplicitous.

the humble comments dont really take the edge off of the stupid shit he says.

its like someone saying sorry after spilling water on your laptop and then not paying for the repair. he said sorry, but my laptop is still broken.

S.E.

« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2015, 01:14:01 PM »
i wouldnt call him humble, just duplicitous.

the humble comments dont really take the edge off of the stupid shit he says.

its like someone saying sorry after spilling water on your laptop and then not paying for the repair. he said sorry, but my laptop is still broken.

ur equating the way a grown man answers being asked about his successful clothing and skateboard ventures to spilling water on someones laptop and not paying for repairs? 

sometimes I dont think anyone on slap has a brain. 

stayfalse

• Rep: 5
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2015, 02:30:03 PM »
Seriously like what the fuck is he supposed to say? "Oh how's bianca?" "It sucks it isn't in any stores." That being said I just really like him and would okay pretty much anything he does.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2015, 03:44:16 PM »
Seriously like what the fuck is he supposed to say? "Oh how's bianca?" "It sucks it isn't in any stores." That being said I just really like him and would okay pretty much anything he does.

This.

Also, he's skating is the best.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2015, 01:15:22 AM »
oh shit, haters bout to hate so hard

He came off alright in this. I wonder how much of a difference it makes having an audio vs a transcript?It can really change the inflection behind everything,  particularly with someone like Olson.

I have a feeling if you met him, he would either be a real laugh or not even acknowledge your presence.

Still Tippin

« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2015, 11:56:06 AM »
Expand Quote
He came off alright in this. I wonder how much of a difference it makes having an audio vs a transcript?It can really change the inflection behind everything,  particularly with someone like Olson.
I have a feeling if you met him, he would either be a real laugh or not even acknowledge your presence.
a friend of mine pestered him to smoke with us after the pretty sweet premiere in new york, and he doesnt smoke, but my friend kept bugging til he eventually agreed to at least stand with us outside and kick it as we passed it around. then he just asked us all our major in a line and we took selfies pretending to smoke. nice guy.

decoi1

• Rep: 18
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2015, 05:07:31 PM »
AO rules on the board. That's all that matters. If you don't like his personal shit then don't read into it. Just let it be

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2015, 05:29:26 PM »
If I had a brand and that brand got into Dover Street Market I would be over the moon.

Just because it doesn't sell fruit of the loom or dickies or whatever you core as fuck midwest target shoppers want doesn't mean you have to be angry pussies about it. I think its pretty cool/funny for a "uber-luxe" department store to have boards on the wall. Its not like the kid going into DSM to buy the latest DSMxBianca Chandon tshirt was really going to go to a skate shop anyway.