Author Topic: AO Transworld Interview  (Read 23711 times)

4wheels

AO Transworld Interview
« on: April 11, 2015, 12:39:17 PM »

Brown Thunder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
Re: AO Transworld Interview
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 01:20:09 PM »
pretty good read, hopefully 917 video comes out this year...

otherwise his gear in these photos will be Passé and never be used.

fashion[move]

kevinskoners

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 02:20:19 PM »
well that bs smith grind clearly ain't no smith grind, just look at that back truck..  suckas running none makes.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 02:23:11 PM by kevin koner »

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 02:23:52 PM »
I really want to like AO. But when he was bragging about being in the most "exclusive" store in NYC, I just fuckin' lost it. Has skateboarding really come to this?

I wouldn't mind as much if he just stopped making Bianca skateboards, and wasn't trying to associate it with skating.

Thanks for scanning.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 02:41:12 PM »
well that bs smith grind clearly ain't no smith grind, just look at that back truck..  suckas running none makes.

I initially thought it was a back lip, the truck almost looks like its not on the ledge.

I know his skating and looks are reason enough for some to like him but personality wise i don't see how he is likable one bit.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 02:47:25 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 02:57:33 PM »
If you weigh the good shit and the bad shit....he's still up....

Ollie foot plant?  Fastplant?  Was sick.....I'm gonna go do one....

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 03:00:30 PM »
I really want to like AO. But when he was bragging about being in the most "exclusive" store in NYC, I just fuckin' lost it. Has skateboarding really come to this?

I wouldn't mind as much if he just stopped making Bianca skateboards, and wasn't trying to associate it with skating.

Thanks for scanning.

It sucks but if gives him money to hook up some relatively unknown skaters through 917 it can't be that bad. Good for him that can get into a high end shop by "just making t-shirts" as he put it.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 03:17:30 PM »
I thought this was the most likeable he's come across in an interview.  I don't think he was bragging about being in that store.  He was just answering the question.

Ollie foot plant?  Fastplant?  Was sick.....I'm gonna go do one....

As a frequent ollie footplanter, I was stoked to see that in there.  When you get a good one, it's a great feeling trick.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 04:21:54 PM »
Glad he had some humility about the LV advert. But at the end of the day, he was still sucking Satan's cock.

The whole exclusivity thing too. The Dover Street Market crap. I guess that the cool guy skate shop is now a boutique.

Great photos. He should probably also take inspiration from Kitrchart's approach to interviews though.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 04:25:11 PM »
I expected this to be way more annoying.  He actually came off a fairly humble and down to earth. 
That photo of the Ollie is sick.   Along with the foot plant down the black hubba.   

deadhead

• Rep: -2
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 04:45:57 PM »
I hope that long hair with a hat leading to baldness stuff isn't true or i'm fucked

Safariferrari

• Rep: 41
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 04:54:45 PM »
I dont see how it sucks really for Bianca Chandon to be in Dover Street Market. He intends to sell BC as a fashion brand and its stocked at fashion shops. He knows that its kinda weird to make a brand that isn't sold in most skate shops so he made 917.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 05:15:10 PM »
I dont see how it sucks really for Bianca Chandon to be in Dover Street Market. He intends to sell BC as a fashion brand and its stocked at fashion shops. He knows that its kinda weird to make a brand that isn't sold in most skate shops so he made 917.

Because it is piggy backing off skateboarding to get there and at the same time snubbing shops that do sell skateboards for not being cool enough.

Really the whole interview was a mass of contradictions. You don't want to be another street wear company and yet that's basically what you are doing?

« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:12:09 PM by 360 frip »
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Greg Road

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 07:14:20 PM »
I hope that long hair with a hat leading to baldness stuff isn't true or i'm fucked

Unless you wear a hat 24/7 - it won't lead to going bald. It's bullshit. Wearing a hat just irritates your scalp a bit - nothing serious. Dying your hair and using shit chemicals to wash it will probably make it fall out before a hat will.

AO seems like a pretty cool dude. Humble for sure.

rideflannel

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 08:24:04 PM »
Frame six of the Ollie over tail grab nose grind is so fucked. Easily my favorite trick done on that rail recently.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 08:30:19 PM »
Frame six of the Ollie over tail grab nose grind is so fucked. Easily my favorite trick done on that rail recently.

So fucked!
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 09:02:36 PM »
That ollie he did is no joke, that flat is BIG

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2015, 10:21:18 PM »
I really like AO's trick selection, and spot choices. I also always enjoy his interviews and skate talk. Yea he's a little self involved sometimes, but he also seems a lot more genuine than most pros.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2015, 10:26:32 PM »
I like his knock on the headshop that also sells boards, there's a shop up here that also doubles as a headshop, they've been around for 20 years and always have said 'if it weren't for the pipes we wouldn't have lasted six months trying to sell just skateboards'. guess it's better than having to sell scooters or snowboards to get by.

sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 11:01:35 PM »
I'm not on board with a lot of his stuff, but if his taste in skateboarding says anything, I have pleb sensibilities.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 11:54:32 PM »
Calls out Jason lee....

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2015, 02:48:02 AM »

bryan herman moves

juuhnuuh

• Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2015, 03:51:47 AM »
Calls out Jason lee....

Well with his scientology beliefs and the allegations of him being a wife beater I don't think he is beyond questioning.
At the same time his presence in skating was really something good so there is a balance there which AO sort of addresses.   

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2015, 02:09:29 PM »
I really don't see how he's full of himself, but maybe that's just me.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2015, 02:39:46 PM »
All those photos were beautiful.
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

skate

• Rep: -16
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2015, 06:12:07 PM »
AO's fits are on point

rideflannel

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2015, 07:22:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

bryan herman moves

Had to go back and watch Herman's Baker 3 part to check the nose grind stale fish. Not trying to discredit Herman but they are two completely different tricks. Herman grabbed stale fish after locking in and Olsen grabbed before which seems so fucked to me. Both sick but different.

fredtempleton

• Rep: -11
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2015, 08:28:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Because it is piggy backing off skateboarding to get there and at the same time snubbing shops that do sell skateboards for not being cool enough.

Really the whole interview was a mass of contradictions. You don't want to be another street wear company and yet that's basically what you are doing?

cept he clearly explains he would like to take the clothing thing to another level -  ie. real fashion brands tend to use a pattern maker and source fancy fabrics etc and all that gay fashion shit when constructing a garment rather than just silk screen some shit on a cotton t-shirt - but he doesnt have the resources to do this yet. i back olson,  he's like one of those guys you work with who is super into all this stupid shit and is kinda coy and self conscience about it but also never shuts up about it and yer kinda like meh wtvr nigga is harmless at the end of the day, its cool he donates money to aids and shit, you can be overly judgmental about every fucking word that comes our of his mouth but dude is doing his thing and trying to help out where he can

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2015, 09:08:53 PM »
That ollie he did is no joke, that flat is BIG

yeah, it took shawn powers like 4 seconds to roll across it. i guess it was switch though

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2015, 10:25:04 PM »
Shots fired at alec majerus