Author Topic: SF to Portland  (Read 12564 times)

floop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
SF to Portland
« on: April 14, 2015, 04:47:46 PM »
gonna be doing a road trip in June.  breweries, skateparks.

what are the best parks in between?  grazi
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: SF to Portland
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 06:39:01 PM »
de garde brewing for sure, but it's not really on the way.

dillanharp

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 12:02:44 PM »
You going up 5 or the coast?

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 12:09:37 PM »
Not sure exactly if it's on the way or not, but Grass Valley park is rumored to be the shiznit as is St. Helena park. I've heard Weed is really fun as well. Once you get to Portland you should go to the Cascade brewery.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 01:23:13 PM »
new plan is to fly to Portland and to a road trip around North Oregon.  think we're going do head to the coast, go down the coast, then go towards Bend, then back up to Portland. 

any advice appresh'd

looks like there's a pretty cool park in Bend.  also Madras, Astoria, Eugene.   Oregonites, please let me know any must go to's

max, looks like De Garde will actually be on our route (and Pelican).  not a big sour guy but will still be interested to check it out, and Cascade

thanks for tips.  keep em coming
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

N.L.

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 01:07:42 PM »
Drive up I5 or 101, find a police station or Dairy Queen and you'll find some world class concrete.

Seriously though, Lincoln City, Burnside are must-dos. Then any Dreamland, Grindline park will suffice...

On I5 I like Shasta (Weed is fun but quirky also), Medford/ Jacksonville, Aumsville, Donald, Some newer ones I haven't hit like Gold Hill and Eugene look very good.

On 101, Brookings, Gold Beach, Port Orford, Coos Bay, Waldport is fun if you want to race around the perimeter and then bomb the hill afterwards, LC, Bay City (lesser known and never skated with a County Campsite right next to it) and Astoria.

Brewpubs are all over. Astoria has two great ones, Fort George and Wet Dog. I like Astoria in general but the park's concrete is getting a little hammered.

What do you like to skate? You'll find it...

N.L.

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 01:08:50 PM »
If you want to go inland further. Hood River is amazing. Rad park in the trees, and amazing beer at Full Sail. Its about 1 hr east of Portland along I84- killer scenery. Swim in a waterfall after skateboarding. I did it last week.

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 10:04:01 AM »
I don't know how late into spring/summer they do open sessions before camp starts, but the "Concrete Jungle" at Windell's ski/snowboard/skateboard camp is incredible. I think it's less than an hour from Portland, but they might make you wear a helmet

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 12:31:30 PM »
thanks for the recs.  going to be there 2nd week of June.  going from Portland out to the coast, down to Tilamook, over to Bend, then back up

surfhwy1

• Rep: -5
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 09:02:51 AM »
Corning is on the 5 and sick

troy

• Rep: -2
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 01:55:05 PM »
are there checkpoints on state lines? Like from cali to Oregon or oregon to washington?

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 04:25:46 PM »
No

this is 'merica

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2015, 09:03:35 AM »
If you want to go inland further. Hood River is amazing. Rad park in the trees, and amazing beer at Full Sail. Its about 1 hr east of Portland along I84- killer scenery. Swim in a waterfall after skateboarding. I did it last week.

HOOD RIVER PARK AND LOGSDON BREW CO!!!!

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 06:56:02 PM »
Hood River is epic. Bingen across the river in Washington is rad. Everything in Portland is sweet. Visitors and locals alike generally love Sassy's. Feel free to PM me if you have more specific questions, need directions or whatever.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 06:46:26 AM »
what's the good skate shop in Portland?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 04:01:07 PM »
Shrunken Head or Cal Skate

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2015, 10:19:24 AM »
I'm coming up to Portland soon to visit a friend but mostly to test the waters of the area and see if I can survive up there. I haven't settled on any dates, but I plan on sometime early next month. I'm down to hang out with any and all local slap heads. I'll say beforehand that I'm a fat fuck and can't skate for shit (not exaggerating), but I will try my hardest to keep up if you want to hit parks or spots, in fact, I look forward to it. So, if anybody that lives there has any leads to any menial jobs, I thank you if you feel comfortable sharing them with me. A place like a warehouse or anything that doesn't require much experience is great. I will be getting my forklift certification this Saturday if that counts for anything. I hope it does, I already paid for it. For now I'm trawling craigslist and filling out paperwork to get security guard, liquor, and food handling certifications so I can work at my friend's strip club.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2015, 11:26:20 AM »
That sounds cool, L33t. PM me. I'd be happy to help if I can.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2015, 12:30:49 PM »
I'm going to Portland for vacation soon.  Any recommendations on things to do or eats would be cool. 

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2015, 12:35:39 PM »
Always down to skate in the downtown area, just PM me! I might be able to get you a job with a friend of mine who skates and does construction also

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2015, 01:24:21 PM »
You guys are great. I'm gonna shoot out some PMs when I have all my shit finalized. And of course, gnars for everyone.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 11:52:57 AM »
I'm going to Portland for vacation soon.  Any recommendations on things to do or eats would be cool. 
You can probably eat an amazing burrito every day of your trip and never go to the same spot twice. If you have the time to take a scenic drive, go check out Multnomah Falls.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2015, 12:28:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You can probably eat an amazing burrito every day of your trip and never go to the same spot twice. If you have the time to take a scenic drive, go check out Multnomah Falls.

Nice...I'm checking those falls out for sure.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2015, 05:36:48 PM »
You should walk out the Oneonta Gorge while you're checking out Multnomah Falls, it's really cool and just a little east of Multnomah Falls. You have to traverse a sketchy log jam and walk through waist deep water to get to the waterfall at the end, but it's worth it.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 10:46:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i wouldn't have minded knowing about burritos when i visited there a few months ago

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 07:09:30 AM »
You should walk out the Oneonta Gorge while you're checking out Multnomah Falls, it's really cool and just a little east of Multnomah Falls. You have to traverse a sketchy log jam and walk through waist deep water to get to the waterfall at the end, but it's worth it.

Alright.  We're going up to Mt. Hood the day before to hike the Ramona Falls trail so we might be a little natured out but I'll keep that in mind if we're up for it.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 08:31:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Alright.  We're going up to Mt. Hood the day before to hike the Ramona Falls trail so we might be a little natured out but I'll keep that in mind if we're up for it.

Don't worry, it's nature-lite.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2015, 09:40:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

i wouldn't have minded knowing about burritos when i visited there a few months ago
How could you miss them? You can even order a burrito at the spot next to Mary's Club and have them deliver it to you while you watch jiggling titties.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2015, 10:30:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
How could you miss them? You can even order a burrito at the spot next to Mary's Club and have them deliver it to you while you watch jiggling titties.

i went to that place actually.  had tacos.  not bad.  good hot sauce. 

can't say i saw a lot of mexican places when i was there though.  i live in LA though so there are places on every block