Author Topic: star wars battlefront  (Read 7540 times)

max power

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
star wars battlefront
« on: April 19, 2015, 11:42:55 AM »

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
Re: star wars battlefront
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 12:15:56 PM »
I'm not as excited about it after hearing all the missing stuff, I've played Battlefront 2 on PC for awhile and this seems like a bit of a downgrade besides the graphics. Battlefront 2 came out in 2005 and had 64 player online (which is still going strong), space battles, campaign mode, and galactic conquest mode.

Oh and just so you know the AT-AT will be on-rails so no one will even control how it moves, it has a pre-determained path and you just shoot. But whatever, I'm sure it'll sell well and maybe DLC or a sequel will add all the stuff I'm bummed on.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 02:42:45 PM »
Battlefront 2 is one of the best PS2 games, hands down. Immensely fun.

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 05:31:57 PM »
Battlefront 2 is one of the best PS2 games, hands down. Immensely fun.
I still play it once in awhile.  One of the best games forsure.  I hope the new one can live up to the hype.

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 10:19:28 PM »
Beyond hyped, good thing about this day n' age is that the stuff people want will be added on through DLC,with enough complaints(in a good way). 2 cant be fucked with though, used to play it all the time with my anger management counselor while he asked me about my week when I was a jit.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 02:36:46 AM »
Battlefront's the shit. As long as there's third person shooting with tons of shit going on, it will be fun. If I had a console that is.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Numeral

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 12:34:27 PM »
this game is gonna force me to go nextgen....

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 01:47:30 AM »
Anyone else get in the closed alpha?

EDIT:

All I can say is after one round I'm sold, amazing.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 01:22:42 AM by poopnutsupreme »
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 09:12:16 PM »
Game looks mad fun. Getting this instead of Black Ops 3

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR9fUoNHDc8

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 05:16:50 PM »
Anyone else get in the closed alpha?

EDIT:

All I can say is after one round I'm sold, amazing.
Downloading right now and can't wait.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 08:58:48 AM »
Was on the beta last night. Did one of the "survive the waves" modes and one of the secure the pods matches. It's a super clean game. I know it's beta and the teams were not balanced, but it was pretty boring tbh.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 10:22:51 PM »
Played the beta for the Xbox one, didn't play the huge maps though but i really enjoyed just playing a couple of games in the small lobbies.

Way better than the Black Ops 3 beta

shit_for_brains

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2015, 11:33:45 AM »
I'm a bigger fan of Space Balls, but I'll play this.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2015, 12:44:12 PM »
I'm a bigger fan of Space Balls, but I'll play this.
Funny, you don't look Druish.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2015, 10:59:20 PM »
Been playing the beta. I'm sure it could have been better, but it's still pretty fucking great
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2015, 11:44:14 AM »
Played beta for two days, couldn't hit shit. I've never gotten used to playing 1st person shooters on a gaming console.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2015, 12:40:00 AM »
played the beta, would buy it, but 70 euros for the game and an extra 60 for the season pass is too much.

jomeara1

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 05:51:02 PM »
So did anyone buy/ play this game yet?  Is it worth getting??

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 06:34:04 PM »
I picked it up but have only put an hour or 2 on it, been pretty busy. It's fun but I don't think it's worth the $60. There's just not enough content. I don't think I'm going to get any expansions unless they add a ton of new shit to do.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2015, 01:49:32 PM »

not yet. i have heard it be described as paying full price for a 1/3 of a game.  hopefully they have more maps and characters in the works. i'm pretty bummed about it because i was kind of amped for this one.

if you are on PC and want a good online FPS check out the overwatch beta
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

jomeara1

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2015, 09:02:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

not yet. i have heard it be described as paying full price for a 1/3 of a game.  hopefully they have more maps and characters in the works. i'm pretty bummed about it because i was kind of amped for this one.

if you are on PC and want a good online FPS check out the overwatch beta

That's what I have heard too and yeah I'm pretty bummed about the reviews so far but I have yet to play it still. 

jomeara1

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2015, 02:07:26 PM »
So I got the game yesterday.  Honestly, after everyone telling me not to get it and its a waste of money etc,  I like it a lot more than I thought I would.  It has the most amazing graphics and sound effects I have ever seen.  While the single player mode is pretty lame, the multiplayer makes up for it (somewhat).  I expected that though, since DICE did announce ahead of time that it would not have a campaign mode and that they were strictly going to focus on the multiplayer.

Some issues I have with this game though:

1)  Secondary weapons are wack.  Literally one shot and then it has to cool down.

2) Not really that many weapons, can't customize your guns, etc.

3)  This might be more of a personal issue:  It seems like everybody but me can gun someone down in one or two shots, no matter what gun they are using.  Meanwhile its literally taking me 10 shots to kill someone.  Unless there is some kind of trick to it that I am not realizing, or if I just suck that bad at it, otherwise I just don't get it.

I wish it was like the old battlefront that had instant action and you don't HAVE to play online to get the full experience.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2015, 04:28:56 PM »
^once you level up you will unlock more powerfull guns.

jomeara1

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2015, 09:19:18 AM »
^I guess I just suck then because I only have one more gun to unlock lol...maybe that gun is the one for me

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2016, 08:59:02 PM »
3)  This might be more of a personal issue:  It seems like everybody but me can gun someone down in one or two shots, no matter what gun they are using.  Meanwhile its literally taking me 10 shots to kill someone.  Unless there is some kind of trick to it that I am not realizing, or if I just suck that bad at it, otherwise I just don't get it.
Nah, I feel you on this. I'm constantly getting gunned down in a fraction of a second, but even when I know I have a good shot on someone, it still takes me like 10 shots.

I like the game though. The air battles feel so much better than BF2.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

jomeara1

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2016, 02:14:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nah, I feel you on this. I'm constantly getting gunned down in a fraction of a second, but even when I know I have a good shot on someone, it still takes me like 10 shots.

I like the game though. The air battles feel so much better than BF2.

Can't remember the name of the gun, I think its the T-21 or something??  It takes like 3 shots to kill someone.  Also, the EE-3 is pretty good too, its kinda like the equivalent to a FAMAS in COD.