Author Topic: Back 50-50  (Read 1908 times)

i_like_big_butts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Back 50-50
« on: May 12, 2015, 04:28:30 PM »
Just starting to learn back 50-50, i usually get my front truck in but not my back truck. Any tips would be much appreciated.

@thewilleasley

Re: Back 50-50
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 06:49:06 PM »
make sure you really level out your ollie and use your shoulders to sorta "guide" you onto the ledge. once you lock in its easy, you just gotta get used to ollieing at a slight angle where you can't look directly down. its the exact same physics as a fs 5050, its just that you gotta get confident in that ollie to the point where you know where your trucks are gonna land without directly looking at it. you gotta use your shoulders as more of a guide (like a pointer) towards the ledge and ollie into it. Like I said, really make sure you're leveling out your ollie before you land on the ledge and that'll usually fix the problem of your back truck not getting on

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 07:08:37 PM »
come at an angle, get your feet on the ledge ATLEAST. from there you will naturally get your board to come with you

also practise ollieing backwards, backward over a hockey stick or imaginary line. just to make things easier

Loyal Pawn

• Rep: 7
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 08:16:00 AM »
As a everyday backside 50-50er,I rememeber learning to aim your wheels against the ledge to lock in easier.i do the same with backside 5-0's.

straight

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 09:13:21 AM »
Get your back truck on first

coneklr

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 10:57:18 AM »
Learned these a long long time ago ( also same works for back lipslides )

Ollie up a sidewalk or some shit like that on your backside at a slight angle.  Just ollie up.

Now go to a ledge that's a comfortable height for you and that isn't ridiculously waxed and don't go super fast until you're comfortable locking in.  Do the same ollie you would up the curb but put that down when you're over the edge instead of going on top.  Adjust angle and speed to where you are comfortable and keep pushing it a bit more, the more comfortable you get.

Do the same ollie up but turn a bit more and you got yourself a back lip.

Have fun

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 01:29:23 PM »
these took me YEARS to get. YEARS. i had a bunch of frontside tricks down, but backside just didnt work for me for whatever reason.

just takes lots and lots of practice. think about ollieing higher than you need to, i think thats what got me grinding on this one. i think its hard because frontside you can see everything happening in front of you, backside is more about having the feel for it and being confident. like people have mentioned, ollieing up curbs backside will definitely help you get the fell for backside tricks. once you can do that really easily, its not too hard to shift your shoulders and get your trucks on there.

dgus138

• Rep: 7
    • Plains Hardware avatar image
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 02:39:34 PM »
As Will and JB have said, I think this one is in the shoulders. I've had many sessions where I just can't seem to get into them and I start to get frustrated until I realize I'm not aligning my shoulders with the ledge. Once I focus on that, I've got them again pretty consistently. Same with backside 5-0's, I'll try them and try them until I start thinking about where my shoulders are and then they usually click. Good luck learning them!

alonzohambugerjones

• Rep: 3
  • http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5sK5IyEANvg/TkMuXcaLsGI/
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 03:09:07 PM »
i learned them coming in at an angle and ollieng from a little further away than i would frontside, making  kind of the same movement you would for a powerslide when your over the ledge. coming from forward and doing a backside axelstall might help you work up to it.
if that doesnt work try waxing your wheels and the soles of your shoes for extra control and finesse.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 11:21:56 PM »
I gotta back Tracer on this one....use hockey sticks.....