Author Topic: Get well soon Dylan.  (Read 133842 times)

one80

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
Re: Get well soon Dylan.
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2015, 11:42:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Now he has a legitimate excuse not to skate demos or produce any future footage. Maybe huf can do an overpriced Dylan shoe where all the proceeds go to cancer research. It actually wouldn't be that surprising because  huf seems to have his name slapped over everything  and I still cant get over how lame that south park idea is
[close]

Fuck you and anybody that thinks that this is in anyway funny.

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2015, 11:45:49 AM »
Damn thats terrible if true, where did you guys see this? I hope the best for him.

new_york_shitty

• Rep: -18
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2015, 11:48:41 AM »
Now he has a legitimate excuse not to skate demos or produce any future footage. Maybe huf can do an overpriced Dylan shoe where all the proceeds go to cancer research. It actually wouldn't be that surprising because� huf seems to have his name slapped over everything� and I still cant get over how lame that south park idea is

Fuck, this post bummed me out. Trolling or not, you can go get fucked.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2015, 11:49:00 AM »
Somebody checked the geotags on his insta and the last 10 were from a treatment center in LA. It's in the Dylan Reider SOTY thread.

FesteringTeratoma

• Rep: -25
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2015, 12:11:30 PM »
Fuck, this post bummed me out. Trolling or not, you can go get fucked.

lol you can fuck go fuck yourself because  an overpriced dylan shoe that benefits cancer patients is a positive idea and would make up for the shitty  420 towlie one.

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2015, 12:13:19 PM »
Great now every kid at the park is gonna get it

FesteringTeratoma

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2015, 12:21:37 PM »

I hope so because its kickback and receive a paycheck time baby.

kingpinuser

• Rep: 54
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2015, 12:27:50 PM »
Talk shit on a look, push, shitty sponsor, being a kook, having a shit grill, east coast line, west coast privilege fucking anything that has to do with skating BUT if you shit talk and make jokes about a very serious sickness then just skip this topic and go to another or you could choose not to hid behind a user name and see if you would say the same thing.

If this is true and this is Dylan's reality then I hope physically and mentally it at goes well. Having friends/family survive and buried a topic like this is not at all something to try and get a shitty off sided joke in.

SLAP is shit talking and giving credit in skating not making jokes about a guy who now has to deal with fighting for his fucking life. You don't have to like his skating but respect his fight to want to live.  

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2015, 12:31:09 PM »
Terrible news if true. Get well ASAP Dylan!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2015, 12:43:18 PM »
really really hope this isn't true, fuck...

FesteringTeratoma

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2015, 12:51:34 PM »
Him having cancer is  speculation because he looked fine to me  in his a video about nothing  thrasher part.

Yu Dum

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2015, 12:53:15 PM »
Could it be that one of his parents might have leukemia and not Dylan?

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2015, 12:57:50 PM »

Thats what I was just thinking

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2015, 01:17:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Thats what I was just thinking

you guys didn't read the other recent thread? a slap-sleuth figured out that if you click on his photo map icon on instagram (3rd icon above his pictures), you'll see the locations of his last posts. he's been posting inside City of Hope Hospital, which is a cancer research hospital in Duarte, California. (this can only be done with a phone though).

his lack of social media updates would make sense too.

i feel terrible for the guy. this would be such a heavy thing to face at the peak of his pro career.

slap may be a shithole at times, but i hope he can see how much support and positive energy we have for him.

(stay strong and get better, dylan. i'm praying for you and your family).

FesteringTeratoma

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2015, 01:18:31 PM »
whos that kid on huf Daniel plunkett? This kid puts any othe new Jack in his place because hes a fuckin Ripper

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2015, 01:49:14 PM »

if true that's a shame and i wish well-- but damn... nice one.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2015, 02:12:04 PM »
He's already a living legend and regardless of his future skateboarding output I deeply wish for him to recover. 

too much

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2015, 02:20:48 PM »
Man this is so shitty... I'm really surprised no official confirmation yet? It's a little too serious of an issue to be a rumor....So whoever started the rumor seems like they should have respected the privacy since at this point no official word from Dylan or family/friends. Or please at this point come forward with an update...

I don't think the hospital would release patient information...maybe? Here's the website if someone wants to contact:

http://www.cityofhope.org

Scroll down to the bottom right hand corner is Duarte's phone #

FesteringTeratoma

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2015, 02:21:58 PM »
BUT if you shit talk and make jokes about a very serious sickness.... Festering Teratoma is not talking shit on a serious illness.. Festering Teratoma only said IF reider was ill then he wouldn't have to skate or produce footage..  Who would want to?.. Festering Teratoma also said that the reider shoe is overpriced And that the huf towlie idea has shit all over it. Get off Dylans jock

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2015, 02:35:00 PM »
Man this is so shitty... I'm really surprised no official confirmation yet? It's a little too serious of an issue to be a rumor....So whoever started the rumor seems like they should have respected the privacy since at this point no official word from Dylan or family/friends. Or please at this point come forward with an update...

I don't think the hospital would release patient information...maybe? Here's the website if someone wants to contact:

you're smoking crack if you think a hospital would release medical information on a patient.  it's illegal.  and no one's business but the patient. 

Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2015, 02:35:41 PM »
BUT if you shit talk and make jokes about a very serious sickness.... Festering Teratoma is not talking shit on a serious illness.. Festering Teratoma only said IF reider was ill then he wouldn't have to skate or produce footage.. � Who would want to?.. Festering Teratoma also said that the reider shoe is overpriced And that the huf towlie idea has shit all over it. Get off Dylans jock

can someone ban this idiot already?
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

abudabi

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2015, 02:43:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

you're smoking crack if you think a hospital would release medical information on a patient.  it's illegal.  and no one's business but the patient. 
yeah, christ almighty, thank you.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2015, 02:48:00 PM »
FUCK. Really hope its not true.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3342
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2015, 02:51:19 PM »
BUT if you shit talk and make jokes about a very serious sickness.... Festering Teratoma is not talking shit on a serious illness.. Festering Teratoma only said IF reider was ill then he wouldn't have to skate or produce footage.. � Who would want to?.. Festering Teratoma also said that the reider shoe is overpriced And that the huf towlie idea has shit all over it. Get off Dylans jock

I was all ready to hate you but then you started referring to yourself in the third person and who DOESN'T love people who do that?

too much

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2015, 03:01:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
yeah, christ almighty, thank you.

Chill out...not medical information, patient information, like is there a patient by the name of so and so, can I visit them?...SORRY I upset you two...wasn't my intention.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2015, 03:09:57 PM »
that's still illegal.  Think about it for half a second, if the answer was 'yes', why would anyone be a patient a cancer treatment facility if they didn't have cancer?   Any info about any patient in a medical facility is strictly confidential, including their mere presence in said facility.

edited to say:  Wishing dylan a speedy recovery if true.

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2015, 03:24:24 PM »
Damn.. he'll still be handsome with a bald head. Get well soon, Dylan

FesteringTeratoma

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2015, 03:45:52 PM »
^ If he does shave his head id rub my   sheen all over   that cue ball make that shit  shine  brighter than his transworld part.

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2015, 03:57:55 PM »
That's so sad :-\.  He has so many years ahead of him.  Can't even imagine what is going through his head right now.  It's pretty mind blowing how much everything has advanced over the last 50 years yet they still can't find a cure for cancer.  I hope someday we'll have a world that if someone gets cancer the doctor will just say "No problem, here's a vaccine, should be gone by tomorrow."

Bit late to take a vaccine after you have it.

deadhead

• Rep: -2
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2015, 04:29:22 PM »
I've seen photos from like 6 months to a year ago of him with a shaved head and recent photos with it growing back. If he was getting treatment for something wouldn't he remain bald?
I think he's just injured