Author Topic: Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5  (Read 20833 times)

landCow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
Re: Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2015, 05:39:18 PM »
How many fucking times are they going to make the warehouse level?
Depends if they actually want the series to progress (they don't).

Just sniff some glue

• Rep: -3
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2015, 10:10:59 PM »
Expand Quote
How many fucking times are they going to make the warehouse level?
[close]
Depends if they actually want the series to progress (they don't).

When's the last time they progressed these series. It's been the same game since THPS 3.
Unless you count this:

Impress your dad on your fucking skate skills.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2015, 10:31:07 PM »
Why doesn't EA just remake Skate for ps4/xbox one. That probably isnt that much effort and would destroy tony hawks sales easily

Whatever though i still play skate 3 all the time so no need to get this game

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2015, 11:34:48 PM »
Why doesn't EA just remake Skate for ps4/xbox one. That probably isnt that much effort and would destroy tony hawks sales easily

Porting a game to a new console is actually a bit more work then expected. It's usually super optimized for the two consoles (ps3/xbox 360) so it takes advantage of every little bit of hardware. Moving to a new console means needing to rework all of the engine and how it handles the new hardware. Sorry if you knew all this just making it clear for anyone who cares. If you're interested in seeing how difficult it is, read how difficult it was for Naughty Dog to port the Last of Us to ps4 http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/16/5723830/last-of-us-ps4-port-hell

I still think they should but I dunno if they will, it seems like the best route will be getting it to work with the Xbox One emulator.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2015, 11:57:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Porting a game to a new console is actually a bit more work then expected. It's usually super optimized for the two consoles (ps3/xbox 360) so it takes advantage of every little bit of hardware. Moving to a new console means needing to rework all of the engine and how it handles the new hardware. Sorry if you knew all this just making it clear for anyone who cares. If you're interested in seeing how difficult it is, read how difficult it was for Naughty Dog to port the Last of Us to ps4 http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/16/5723830/last-of-us-ps4-port-hell

I still think they should but I dunno if they will, it seems like the best route will be getting it to work with the Xbox One emulator.

yeah i didn't know about that stuff but i was saying like it would be easier in like the legal way. Isn't the reason why we aren't getting a skate 4 is cause of some legal issues or something? Or did EA just say fuck it and just make the same madden game over and over

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • breathcakes
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2015, 08:40:15 AM »
The physics started being too dumb and floaty when they moved to PS3 with THP8. They were pretty consistent from THPS until THAW. The best looking ones, in terms of fluidity of animation, are 3 and 4 (but especially 3). I don't know, I just feel that the PS2 series are the best skateboarding games that will ever been made. They're all I play (except THPS2 for GBA).

I haven't tried SKATE much, but it also looks dumb and floaty. I just cannot get past the broken bones thing, it's even more disturbing to me than action figures

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2015, 03:29:46 AM »
THPS 3 was definitely the smoothest in terms of fluidity but Tony Hawk Underground was the best. Especially the online play on PS2 crazy addictive, i used play King of The Hill all night. THAW wasn't bad and if i had more time/money i would give Proving Ground a real chance since it looked good, had agro pushing, had DC and Philly levels, and the animations and voice overs were really good esp Mike V and Jeff King. But i do have Skate 1 and 3 at home too... ::)

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2015, 04:17:49 PM »

WantSomeSlaw

• Rep: -26
  • bohica
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2015, 08:34:15 PM »
They're should be a scooter kid character. If there was, I'd go online as him and just snake people as they're trying shit.
Shit could be worse

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2015, 03:34:42 PM »
Game looks horrible, makes me sad really. It'll probably not sell that much either (even if you like the gameplay, it still looks outdated as fuck), then the big dawgs at EA will lose all faith in the concept of a financially successfull skateboarding game.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2015, 05:43:19 PM »
The new trailer is already showing how much people hate the look/feel of this game. 152 thumbs down/41 thumbs up

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Trailer [UK]
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2015, 06:24:48 PM »
The new trailer is already showing how much people hate the look/feel of this game. 152 thumbs down/41 thumbs up

This trailer is the anti hype.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2015, 11:06:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This trailer is the anti hype.

flipping the  screen and shit to make it worse, also nyjah is skating regular, are they pulling a " reynolds" on him ?
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2015, 12:29:27 PM »
the graphic looks like thps 1.

I really had slight hope for the first skateboarding game on next gen ... but this game sucks in all categories i can imagine.

I will still pray for Skate 4!

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2015, 01:53:17 PM »
This type of gameplay is outdated and shouldn't be in a full legit non-downloadable game.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2015, 03:57:57 PM »
I assume they were able to make this game really cheap, otherwise it would be just insane to try to bring this series back again. And everything about it looks so bad compared to today's standards. I'm afraid that developing a legit next level skate game would cost way more than it could ever sell.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2015, 10:56:00 AM »
The physics started being too dumb and floaty when they moved to PS3 with THP8. They were pretty consistent from THPS until THAW. The best looking ones, in terms of fluidity of animation, are 3 and 4 (but especially 3). I don't know, I just feel that the PS2 series are the best skateboarding games that will ever been made. They're all I play (except THPS2 for GBA).

I haven't tried SKATE much, but it also looks dumb and floaty. I just cannot get past the broken bones thing, it's even more disturbing to me than action figures

SKATE has different levels of difficulty which really affect how dumb and floaty you can get. The broken bone thing is only for hall of meat challenges and can be turned on or off in regular play. We won't get a SKATE 4, read about it here.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2015, 08:15:17 PM »
If anyone wants to play THPS again, you should check out THUG PRO. It's done by some people who are porting like all the levels to THUG 2 (since that was the last one on PC), I never played that one but the physics are still on point (for THPS) and all the gameplay is just like the old games. It currently has all the levels from THUG1/2, THPS4, and some levels from 1/2/3 and AW. After being let down that this game won't even compare to the old games (even though I want Skate more), it was pretty damn fun play this and it's free.

Here's a video that includes links to set all that shit up if you want to check it out.
Tutorial: How to Install THUG Pro
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 08:19:10 PM by poopnutsupreme »

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -153
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2015, 07:40:00 AM »

Nyjah on Indy. Confirmed !  ;D

sorry, this art direction is freaking sick.

If the game engine runs anything close to this
ill definitely buy

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2015, 08:34:26 PM »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

pinch a loaf

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2015, 08:48:06 PM »

shone237

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2015, 10:31:18 AM »

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2015, 08:20:18 PM »
I actually like Lil Wayne now

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIKzHAS1N_U

pinch a loaf

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2015, 11:42:13 PM »
birdman appears to have hit the blunt with weezy beforehand. hyped on that.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2015, 01:36:33 PM »

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2015, 05:54:21 PM »

GatorsGhost

• Rep: 116
    • Chilogy avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2015, 09:25:46 PM »
Just rented this hoping for a nostalgia rush.  My game crashed 3 times in the first minute of the tutorial, never mind clipping through absolutely everything.  It isn't even a skateboarding game anymore, either.  The physics are fucked and there are double-jump and slam-down mechanics that make it not even resemble skating.  I'm playing as Ishod, but can only do Doug Brown and Nate Sherwood tricks. It's clunky chaos.  Can't wait to see the trashing this game gets.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2015, 12:16:34 AM »
quite possibly the worst game released so far on the next gen consoles and arguably the worst skateboarding video game ever.

it's obvious this was a quick money grab by activision. they clearly put little to no effort in this game. for them to charge $60 for this crap is a fucking joke.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2015, 05:13:52 AM »

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -153
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2015, 03:14:25 PM »
The results are in

The game is pretty much unanimously held in bad regard.

The game requires a 7.75GB install before play, which is insane
considering the game is only 4.5BGs large.

Petty cash grab, no doubt will be the last of the big budget Hawk games