Author Topic: 2015 FYF Fest: Kanye West, Morrissey, Death Grips, Jesus & Mary Chain, D'Angelo  (Read 1439 times)

smokecrack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
what a line-up

tickets go on sale this Friday, May 8 at 12 pm. $109 single day and $175 for both.

http://fyffest.com/

« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 11:12:06 PM by smokecrack »

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
goddamn thats expensive

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
Frank Ocean and Deerhunter have cancelled and have been replaced with !!! & Kanye West

8)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Kanye West

*vomits*

Brain still can't work out why this guy is famous/ headlining festivals

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Rusty_Berrings

I can get to some of this. Shit, you might hate the shit out of Kanye but he did do a song with one of the two living members of the Beatles (well, is Pete Best still alive?).

"Goldenvoice" is the promoter I see? I've not seen many shows out in L.A. but I do believe the ones I've been to have all been Clear Channel promoted at the Forum. These are some big names to just surprise they aren't promoted by Clear Channel right in Los Angeles. Nice to see the little guy win sometimes.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
this is a hella famous festival rusty, for at least 5 years or something. pretty crazy they can pull kanye as a replacement artist tho, yea
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Rusty_Berrings

this is a hella famous festival rusty, for at least 5 years or something. pretty crazy they can pull kanye as a replacement artist tho, yea
Oh he's he replacing?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
you might hate the shit out of Kanye

I do (and reserve the right to do so forever).
I could pretty much pin most of our modern world problems (not to mention all the problems in the "music" industry) on him if I tried hard enough.

Rusty_Berrings

Expand Quote
you might hate the shit out of Kanye
[close]

I do
Alright dogg. Wow. Nice to know he'll never even know your name tho.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal

In the scheme of things this bothers me not.
What bothers me is that we celebrate/ enable/ respect this abomination of a "musician"
I guess I'm like Jedi and he's my Tony?
Haters gunna hate though right? I won't waste too much more time/ energy dwelling over this, just thought it was sad that in 2015 Kanye headlines "music" festivals.

Speaking of music (and getting back on the PMA train), when we gunna see you skate to KLF?

Rusty_Berrings

Yeah but he produced for Jay Z and collaborated with Paul McCartney. I mean you're the one that really got triggered when I said the word "hate" so yeah you go ahead and reanalyze how you're thinking bro.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
Yeah but he produced for Jay Z and collaborated with Paul McCartney. I mean you're the one that really got triggered when I said the word "hate" so yeah you go ahead and reanalyze how you're thinking bro.

Yeah, I'm failing at the internet today I think ... first day back after summer holidays (that I never even took because I was away on business) problems?
Having said that, collaborating with someone doesn't mean much these days. Blink 182 collaborated with Robert Smith but that doesn't mean that they deserve my respect does it? I guess I'm just pissed that Dinosaur Jr. isn't higher up in the list of bands in the OP's picture :-* 

shark tits

Expand Quote
[close]

In the scheme of things this bothers me not.
What bothers me is that we celebrate/ enable/ respect this abomination of a "musician"
I guess I'm like Jedi and he's my Tony?
Haters gunna hate though right? I won't waste too much more time/ energy dwelling over this, just thought it was sad that in 2015 Kanye headlines "music" festivals.

Speaking of music (and getting back on the PMA train), when we gunna see you skate to KLF?
that was me [and jim and dan].

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
aw shit, Flying Lotus has been added and is doing a DJ set on saturday

this thing just keeps getting better and better for me

(the site has also added the map. download the app too if you're going. it's really helpful)

http://fyffest.com/news