Author Topic: 2 Hubba Questions  (Read 2862 times)

aleksander

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 121
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
2 Hubba Questions
« on: May 07, 2015, 05:53:21 PM »
Did anyone ever land this?

Also, did Shipman do this before BA? They're both sick but I'd never seen that Thrasher cover before and was confused.

"Let's just do something stupid and ridiculous and just be as fucking regular as we possibly can."

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
Re: 2 Hubba Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 10:54:11 PM »
i wish slap was only threads like these

shit_for_brains

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 12:34:58 AM »
Muska no. There was never any footage of it as far as I know.

BAs front blunt was in 94 or 95, as Welcome To Hell came out in 95. Carl Shipman's was in 94 or 95 as well. It says "Thirteen Years Down" and Thrasher was founded in 81. Since BAs has photos and footage, I personally think he was first. History will recognize BAs as the first.

aleksander

• Rep: 121
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 01:42:06 PM »
Muska no. There was never any footage of it as far as I know.

BAs front blunt was in 94 or 95, as Welcome To Hell came out in 95. Carl Shipman's was in 94 or 95 as well. It says "Thirteen Years Down" and Thrasher was founded in 81. Since BAs has photos and footage, I personally think he was first. History will recognize BAs as the first.

It's weird because it's such an iconic trick for BA, but then Carroll here at 2:20 makes it sound like it was Shipman.

Hubba Hideout 1/2 - ON Video Skateboarding Spring 2001

It's interesting watching all these compilations and seeing how ABDs weren't such a big deal back then. Like 8 people switch crooked it in major videos, and Anderson front blunt slid the thing like three times it looks like.

With the noseblunt I'm surprised nobody ever did one. Maybe because it was Muskalade.
"Let's just do something stupid and ridiculous and just be as fucking regular as we possibly can."

shark tits

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 02:08:27 PM »
i think carl shipman did it first in a photo then brian anderson did it sorta for fun/filming while visitin a friend in SF and a bunch of that footage became his 'welcome to hell' part in 95. muska might've landed it and ed deleted it cause muska was a bad boy at the welcome to hell premier and got his happy ass un-welcome to the machine. that is purely conjecture but who knows. muska once tried to fight ryan aningalan over who gets more fucked up so i could see him having noseblunted it whether anyone was taping or not.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 02:21:17 AM »
muska once tried to fight ryan aningalan over who gets more fucked up so i could see him having noseblunted it whether anyone was taping or not.

Yo are you from Seattle or something? Maybe I'm an idiot, but all I ever knew of Ryan Aningalan was that he was a dude who was part of the 35th crew when I was growing up who was just a local head who was good but never made it pro. Just strange to see that name pop up in a Muska reference.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

shark tits

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 02:31:48 AM »
Expand Quote
muska once tried to fight ryan aningalan over who gets more fucked up so i could see him having noseblunted it whether anyone was taping or not.
[close]

Yo are you from Seattle or something? Maybe I'm an idiot, but all I ever knew of Ryan Aningalan was that he was a dude who was part of the 35th crew when I was growing up who was just a local head who was good but never made it pro. Just strange to see that name pop up in a Muska reference.
no i'm from mass but i lived in olympia a few times over the yrs, did some farm labor in carnation and skated seattle. that story was in an elissa steamer interview in the 90s though. my dickhead friends didn't believe me 'i never heard of no ryan aningalan and everybody knows nobody gets as fucked up as the muska'. he is real, does exist, from seattle and had a part in santa cruz 'pack media'.
i've skated about every big city except vegas but my skate nerd-dom is from mags and videos like anyone else. if you're from seattle, remember scott yamamura? i usedta love that kid from videos. once my girl had a hotel room out there for a night so i bombed around downtown, met this kid to pal around w/. we were trying to learn this bastardized 'yoshi flip' but the cheat way, hanging on scaffolding. had a rad time, pike's place market w/ the bump and the 5 stair, hitting all the stuff around there and he told me danny minnick pulled a knife on him. that's about as much as i knew anyone in seattle but it's a dope place.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 04:51:41 PM »
That's cool man. Yea I remember Scott Yamamura too. Once in a while I would run into him around town when I was a kid. He would do a few cool tricks and was just a really nice dude in general. I wonder what happened to him?
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes