Author Topic: Plan B - Carbon boards  (Read 2896 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 985
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Plan B - Carbon boards
« on: May 11, 2015, 10:54:46 AM »

Taken off FB:

Danny Way
Thank god for this carbon @planbofficial board technology !!! The weight of a 36 inch long maple board would be about 1 1/4 lbs heavier, would flex way too much and blow apart too quickly. We have been working on this project for a while, specifically to overcome the challenges I've had with these larger boards becoming too heavy, and in return flexing too much. 50 mph = exploding on impact. Wood boards are great but not up to par with these carbon boards at all. We are working to make these available for everyone soon so the ones who want something a notch up in the performance and quality department will have another line of PlanB boards to choose from. #MEGAMEGA

IanBZHD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
Re: Plan B - Carbon boards
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 11:16:11 AM »
Nah Nah... 

JAesop

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 11:22:06 AM »
Nice, mega ramp longboards for the masses. Didn't  Santa Cruz do this a loooong time ago? You could send the board back to be recycled. Didn't work then either, carbon is too rigid.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 11:41:48 AM »
Finally I can get down to business on the mega ramp.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 12:38:39 PM »
I keep thinking the next gimmick will work. This is danny way tho he didn't have a part in plan b video

sports

• Rep: 21
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 06:41:00 PM »
sometimes i wish skateboarders weren't so anti-tech when it comes to hardgoods. any new approach to boards/trucks/wheels immediately gets dismissed as a gimmick (though the 80's had plenty of crap tech that didn't stick around). not to say 7 plys and sandpaper doesn't work well, but it doesn't seem ridiculous to ask for boards that last longer than 2 weeks before falling apart, or grip that doesn't destroy shoes so quickly. but thats not core so whatever, kook me.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 07:33:43 PM »
sometimes i wish skateboarders weren't so anti-tech when it comes to hardgoods. any new approach to boards/trucks/wheels immediately gets dismissed as a gimmick (though the 80's had plenty of crap tech that didn't stick around). not to say 7 plys and sandpaper doesn't work well, but it doesn't seem ridiculous to ask for boards that last longer than 2 weeks before falling apart, or grip that doesn't destroy shoes so quickly. but thats not core so whatever, kook me.

A lot of skateboaders are bare bones people. We like solid wood boards, chunky and heavy independent trucks, and wheels that roll. I'm not sure why we're so anti-technology, but it seems like anything that gives a possible advantage is kind of lame i.g Tensor slide plates and light trucks, carbon boards, those ricta slixxx...

It has a lot to do with the feeling, and the traditional wood board, wheels, and trucks have a damn good feeling. Not soggy, not stiff. Right there.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 985
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 08:04:39 PM »
Honestly I don't feel this is a gimmick. Way is full on beast mode and maybe, just maybe he really does need something for megaramp usage.

Having the tech be available for the masses? Maybe in larger deck sizes as the masses don't have access to mega ramps, or the great wall for that matter and I can't see them being cost effective; I'm a fan of P2 boards.

Ricta slix are as gimmicky as you can get. Just the Slix name says it...

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 01:36:50 AM »
Chris "carbon" cole will cop,
Mall grabbing with his monster wristband.

Look forward to seeing Danny ways part

Dengles

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 03:52:09 AM »
Remember when pros getting paid handsomely by their company made ads and social media posts saying that P2 boards were the future like three or four years ago?  This is the same deal the only people I saw cop P2 boards were younger kids who didn't understand the value of money and had their parents purchase the board for them.  I'm by no means in a tight financial spot any more, but like I'm still savvy with my money and buy product that I know I can trust and I know most skateboarder are in a similar situation they only spend money one what they know is quality.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 03:56:26 AM »
Remember when pros getting paid handsomely by their company made ads and social media posts saying that P2 boards were the future like three or four years ago?  This is the same deal the only people I saw cop P2 boards were younger kids who didn't understand the value of money and had their parents purchase the board for them.  I'm by no means in a tight financial spot any more, but like I'm still savvy with my money and buy product that I know I can trust and I know most skateboarder are in a similar situation they only spend money one what they know is quality.

P2 boards are legit, I had two of them and if I had acces to them, they would be all I skate. Im a big dude, and go through boards quick, and P2s lasted at least twice as long and didnt go soggy or anything. But this all carbon stuff is stupid, Bob can destroy Megaramp with regular or P2 boards, this is just Danny Way being a little bitch.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 05:08:41 AM »
Bob can destroy and film a couple of parts within 5 years on a Megaramp with regular or P2 boards, this is just Danny Way being a little bitch.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 05:13:33 AM »

i agree sports.

ungzilla

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 06:15:43 AM »
confirmed, d way is a longboarder now

BMCsteve

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 07:16:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i agree sports.

Agree as well

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 04:14:31 PM »
My performance will be so enhanced once I pair this with my suspension skateboard trucks
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 04:32:23 PM »
when i was in little league, some kid on my team came to practice with this new, $300 carbon composite bat and he started jackin home runs left and right, now i hear those bats are illegal

The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2015, 04:36:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Bob can destroy and film a couple of parts within 5 years on a Megaramp with regular or P2 boards, this is just Danny Way being a little bitch.
[close]

Dengles

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2015, 04:44:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

P2 boards are legit, I had two of them and if I had acces to them, they would be all I skate. Im a big dude, and go through boards quick, and P2s lasted at least twice as long and didnt go soggy or anything. But this all carbon stuff is stupid, Bob can destroy Megaramp with regular or P2 boards, this is just Danny Way being a little bitch.
Careful what you say about him I heard he has a brick!  Also I heard the p2s were good for bigger people but I'm small so like I don't think they'd be worth it for me.  Also I would feel embarrassed riding a plan B deck. 

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3325
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 05:09:24 PM »

Taken off FB:

Danny Way
Thank god for this carbon @planbofficial board technology !!! The weight of a 36 inch long maple board would be about 1 1/4 lbs heavier, would flex way too much and blow apart too quickly. We have been working on this project for a while, specifically to overcome the challenges I've had with these larger boards becoming too heavy, and in return flexing too much. 50 mph = exploding on impact. Wood boards are great but not up to par with these carbon boards at all. We are working to make these available for everyone soon so the ones who want something a notch up in the performance and quality department will have another line of PlanB boards to choose from. #MEGAMEGA

@thewilleasley

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2015, 06:29:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Careful what you say about him I heard he has a brick!  Also I heard the p2s were good for bigger people but I'm small so like I don't think they'd be worth it for me.  Also I would feel embarrassed riding a plan B deck. 

P2's have definitely earned their legitimacy. they've been around for a few years now and are on multiple brands with different distributions.  Ive skated at least 7-8 over the years and really enjoyed all of them other than a Zero board that had shitty wood that chipped too easy. the brands still use their own shapes so if you like Toy Machine, Habitat, Skate Mental, or creature boards, i'd advise you to try one out if you're curious. the "spring loaded pop" is pretty gimmicky so ima just keep it real with you & speak on how they truly perform. the boards simply retain their shape much longer, are a little less likely to snap, and are a little bit lighter in terms of weight. I dont mind paying an extra $5-10 bucks for a deck i know will be noticeably better. its not super over the top amazing but just a lighter, stronger board that doesn't get "soggy" as quickly. i still skate normal boards most of the time but if I happen to come across a p2 board in my size while I'm shopping for a board, i usually pick it up

ill post this here since yall were talking about Bob.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2015, 01:20:02 PM »
dont fear tech
hardly art, hardly starving

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2015, 02:45:16 PM »
Im all for not fearing tech, but it seems somewhat strange to make something out of carbon fiber that will be subjected to near constant direct impact. It's an amazing material, but when it fails, it fails catastrophically. I'd be curious to know more about the layup process for these.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 04:22:17 PM »
Shark wheels vid got me fired up, anybody got some X? Pharmaceutical grade. Not that crunchy, herbal rave shit.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes