Author Topic: WEARTESTED: The Lakai Guymar  (Read 2377 times)

Hercules Rockefeller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
WEARTESTED: The Lakai Guymar
« on: May 22, 2015, 01:56:22 AM »
we got the chance to test the new Lakai Guymar. really stoked that this shoe lived up to its hype.

http://www.weartested.com/lakai-guymar/

Dengles

Re: WEARTESTED: The Lakai Guymar
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 02:15:02 AM »
How would you say the cushioning compares to the Griffins?  I just skated a pair of Griffins and they made me want to skate more Lakais soon but the insole cushiness wore out quickly and even made skating small ledges uncomfortable. 

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 02:25:45 AM »
I love your reviews, always on point!
What's next? Huf Classics?

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 07:12:31 PM »
How would you say the cushioning compares to the Griffins?  I just skated a pair of Griffins and they made me want to skate more Lakais soon but the insole cushiness wore out quickly and even made skating small ledges uncomfortable. 

I'm skating a pair right now and am pretty disappointed with them. They're very thin and provide little to no cushioning.

IHOP

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 01:17:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm skating a pair right now and am pretty disappointed with them. They're very thin and provide little to no cushioning.

I skate mostly Lakai's and with every seasons drop it seems they improve on one part or another of their shoes.  The new black on gum owens  i got come with a newer footbed (looks the same as the guymar in this review) with orange foam instead of whatever plasticy bs they had before.  I invested in some FP insoles and i was actually really stoked and it prolonged the durability of my shoes since the footbeds would always blow out so quick.  They are a bit squishy though so some might not like them.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 04:17:38 AM »
Nice review ! I really want to try them, but I can't try them in local shops (I'm french...).

Are they that slim ? I mean, I love griffins but I have narrow feet and I have to tie them a lot to skate them.
Do you think it will be the same with the Guymar ?

Any comparison with someone who skated Guymar and MJ's ?
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Brad Breath

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 06:32:22 PM »
Where's the cheapest place to get these now?

Size 13

👟🐹👣

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 10:41:48 PM »
Where's the cheapest place to get these now?

Size 13

👟🐹👣
damn big foot, nah jk i'm a 13 too. also didn't guy just leave lakai for nike? these are like vintage now.

Brad Breath

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 09:21:11 AM »
Yeah, I'm hoping they blow them out.

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 01:38:13 PM »
that would be funny if they took it off the site, tweaked it a little bit and made it a team shoe, also i wonder if mj  is going to leave.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 06:22:32 PM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=85734.msg2407884#msg2407884 date=1448055493
that would be funny if they took it off the site, tweaked it a little bit and made it a team shoe, also i wonder if mj  is going to leave.

They could call it Magyur and make it in Hungarian colors. Would be popular in Italy, I guess.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 06:52:10 PM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=85734.msg2407884#msg2407884 date=1448055493
Expand Quote
[close]

They could call it Magyur and make it in Hungarian colors. Would be popular in Italy, I guess.

hahahaha