Author Topic: Drug tests are coming to contests  (Read 20898 times)

Big Skatefase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
Re: Drug tests are coming to contests
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2015, 05:22:44 PM »
i say allow steroids. i wanna see niggas doin 40 ft 1440's tailgrabs n shit.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 05:24:30 PM by Big Skatefase »

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2015, 05:52:51 PM »
or,since most of them live in cali or nyc they could just get their medical card and fill out this form

http://www.usada.org/substances/tue/

Doesn't mean the contest would have to accept them though, only saves them from legal prosecution. Even if marijuana became legal employers would still have the right to not hire people who can't pass a drug test. Alcohol is legal but you can't be drunk at work. Hell, nurses at a lot of hospitals can't even smoke cigarettes these days.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2015, 08:58:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Skateboarding, Olympics, yuck
[close]

I agree.  One of the best things about skating is that there is no way to "Win" it.  It goes with the old SLAP analogy that people would rather watch Gino olliepush than watch some Berrics kid 540 lazer flip.  The thing is that when you bring the sports/soda/energy drink companies and their money into skating, they actually expect something from their "athletes." I can see vert or even mega ramp in the Olympics because it is more easily judged than street/park.  It's going to be a strange road.     

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2015, 09:01:14 PM »
Don't know how big a deal it will be for street skater's alot of people won't really be captivated by it, I assume the main thing the general public will watch is vert because of the name recognition of Sean White. And the person making anti-drug speeches will clearly be Andy Mac covered with amazon stickers and advertising helmets.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2015, 09:06:51 PM »
I can't wait until skate contest have fouls and penalties.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2015, 12:21:40 AM »
I can't wait until skate contest have fouls and penalties.

i could see someone throwing a red flag on the course if someone toe drags

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2015, 01:04:07 AM »

Kolostrum

• Rep: 21
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2015, 11:12:10 AM »
Can't wait until faking injuries becomes a routine strategy. Thats what made european soccer so great.

frontsideindy

• Rep: -122
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2015, 04:06:06 AM »
on one side i dont see the need (advantage) for skateboarding
to become olympic. on the other side its not a big
different to street league and maloof money cup.
just without invitation,maybe some underground ripper
out of nowhere have to possability to surprice..

Dengles

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2015, 04:42:26 AM »
I don't see how skateboarding could be an olympic sport.  All the other competitions are possible because everyone no matter of their nationality everybody is skating for themselves in a pool of individual skateboarders.  Like for example how would France be able to be fairly represented in the Olympics, all the french skaters that I'm aware of are incredibly talented and stylish, Puig and Bastien Salabanzi for example, but how would they compete with Bob Burnquist or Danny Way types who I'm sure would be favored in an olympic competition because of the athletic factor they incorporate into their skating?  Sure I'd rather watch Lucas Puig skate any day, but that's only because I'm a skateboarder and can pick up on the nuance and style of his skating which the average Olympic viewer would not be able to pick up on because they would be looking for athletic feats. Look at ice skating in the Olympics, they treat it like some sort of sport where they analyze the athletics prowess when it's more of an art form based upon style, like dance or skateboarding.  Snowboarding was easy to bring to the Olympics because it could be turned into a race or who jumped the highest/furthest competition, but skateboarding can't easily be turned into that and still be skateboarding as we know it.  The mega ramps that the jock type skateboarders ride have a fixed size for how far someone can air to safely unlike snowboarding which has no limit because they're landing zone can be built into a mountain.  Also many different countries and regions have different styles, how would they be able to explain that to olympic watchers who don't skate?  I have a feeling if skateboarding comes to Olympics it won't even be the pros who have become known as competition skateboarders such as Lutzka, it'll just be the show of kids who no one has heard of who can do the 900.  Fuck maybe I just don't know enough about how the olympics work but this would just be the America vs. Brazil showdown, and give the general populace and even worse understanding of skateboarding.  I know I'm preaching to the quire here because Slappers have the same opinions on the idea of olympic skateboarding being kooky as I do, but like the idea is so shitty and absurd I had to pick it apart in a drunken rant.  Goddamn fuck the very idea of Olympic skateboarding, the last thing I want is to have some yuppie try to relate to me because he saw NBC's documentary on Little Johnny Redbull's "training" routine.  The good news is if my drunk ass can think of this many problems with the idea the olympic committee should too. 

Brett

• Rep: -14
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2015, 05:56:43 AM »
They won't be turning skateboarding into anything. How can anyone think skateboarding will become curling or anything other than what it is now?

There are judging formats for street, bowl, mega and vert right now. They have events all over the world. Those judging formats will be used in the Olympics. The groups that run these events are all going to be fighting for IOC recognition. Down hill slalom was judged in the 70's thats not hard to figure out!

When it comes time there will be contests to put together a team that will represent each country. Just as they do for other sports. Many are invited not everyone makes the team. I am sure they will have riders for every event.

Thing is it will be hard for the 200 countries to produce skaters that will be able to compete with the countries that already have a big skateboard scene. They also have to produce judges that know what they are looking at. Having a panel of all American judges will cause many to cry foul!

CUBA doesn't even have a skateshop in the entire country, all the boards are supplied by donations. There are other countries that don't have solid skateboard scenes let alone ROADS to ride on or ramps to drop in on.

On the other hand, drug testing or not, how many high profile skaters are going to say yes if invited? Does the Olympics want the guys who aren't so well known? What will the back room deals be to get guys like Danny and Bob involved? Or better yet get guys who don't do contests to do contests. Lastly.... 5 years from now Danny and Bob in the Olympics. Will they be the oldest ever to compete at the games? hahaha

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2015, 08:43:15 AM »
quire

CUBA doesn't even have a skateshop in the entire country, all the boards are supplied by donations. There are other countries that don't have solid skateboard scenes let alone ROADS to ride on or ramps to drop in on.

How can one donate?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2015, 10:10:29 AM »
If there are uniforms I hope the Canadian team jerseys look like a pot leaf.

The team will just be one guy because the only non-stoned Canadian skater is Rick McCrank.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Brett

« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2015, 07:23:07 PM »
Expand Quote
quire
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

How can one donate?

Here is there Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/AMIGOSKATECUBA?fref=nf&pnref=story

Here is a link from a article in Miami Herald. Both the Canadian and Amercian Charities have banded together to grow the donations... A trip is planned for Go skateboarding Day. Donate what you can and have a read.... http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/cuba/article22524396.html Thanks for helping out!

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2015, 10:11:51 AM »
I don't see how skateboarding could be an olympic sport.� All the other competitions are possible because everyone no matter of their nationality everybody is skating for themselves in a pool of individual skateboarders.� Like for example how would France be able to be fairly represented in the Olympics, all the french skaters that I'm aware of are incredibly talented and stylish, Puig and Bastien Salabanzi for example, but how would they compete with Bob Burnquist or Danny Way types who I'm sure would be favored in an olympic competition because of the athletic factor they incorporate into their skating?� Sure I'd rather watch Lucas Puig skate any day, but that's only because I'm a skateboarder and can pick up on the nuance and style of his skating which the average Olympic viewer would not be able to pick up on because they would be looking for athletic feats. Look at ice skating in the Olympics, they treat it like some sort of sport where they analyze the athletics prowess when it's more of an art form based upon style, like dance or skateboarding.� Snowboarding was easy to bring to the Olympics because it could be turned into a race or who jumped the highest/furthest competition, but skateboarding can't easily be turned into that and still be skateboarding as we know it.� The mega ramps that the jock type skateboarders ride have a fixed size for how far someone can air to safely unlike snowboarding which has no limit because they're landing zone can be built into a mountain.� Also many different countries and regions have different styles, how would they be able to explain that to olympic watchers who don't skate?� I have a feeling if skateboarding comes to Olympics it won't even be the pros who have become known as competition skateboarders such as Lutzka, it'll just be the show of kids who no one has heard of who can do the 900.� Fuck maybe I just don't know enough about how the olympics work but this would just be the America vs. Brazil showdown, and give the general populace and even worse understanding of skateboarding.� I know I'm preaching to the quire here because Slappers have the same opinions on the idea of olympic skateboarding being kooky as I do, but like the idea is so shitty and absurd I had to pick it apart in a drunken rant.� Goddamn fuck the very idea of Olympic skateboarding, the last thing I want is to have some yuppie try to relate to me because he saw NBC's documentary on Little Johnny Redbull's "training" routine.� The good news is if my drunk ass can think of this many problems with the idea the olympic committee should too.�

Please don't reproduce.  

quire
kwī(ə)r/
noun
four sheets of paper or parchment folded to form eight leaves, as in medieval manuscripts.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

SilvergultRab

• Rep: -58
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2015, 01:51:39 PM »
If skateboarding does go into the Olympics then it will be fucked forever. The way it will head and be in every school as a routine "sport" so your country can get a medal will fuck up the way a person should get into skating and change there perception of how mskating should be. All about de winning and being the best, not about  just having the best time you can have

Dengles

« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2015, 02:47:05 AM »
Expand Quote
I don't see how skateboarding could be an olympic sport.� All the other competitions are possible because everyone no matter of their nationality everybody is skating for themselves in a pool of individual skateboarders.� Like for example how would France be able to be fairly represented in the Olympics, all the french skaters that I'm aware of are incredibly talented and stylish, Puig and Bastien Salabanzi for example, but how would they compete with Bob Burnquist or Danny Way types who I'm sure would be favored in an olympic competition because of the athletic factor they incorporate into their skating?� Sure I'd rather watch Lucas Puig skate any day, but that's only because I'm a skateboarder and can pick up on the nuance and style of his skating which the average Olympic viewer would not be able to pick up on because they would be looking for athletic feats. Look at ice skating in the Olympics, they treat it like some sort of sport where they analyze the athletics prowess when it's more of an art form based upon style, like dance or skateboarding.� Snowboarding was easy to bring to the Olympics because it could be turned into a race or who jumped the highest/furthest competition, but skateboarding can't easily be turned into that and still be skateboarding as we know it.� The mega ramps that the jock type skateboarders ride have a fixed size for how far someone can air to safely unlike snowboarding which has no limit because they're landing zone can be built into a mountain.� Also many different countries and regions have different styles, how would they be able to explain that to olympic watchers who don't skate?� I have a feeling if skateboarding comes to Olympics it won't even be the pros who have become known as competition skateboarders such as Lutzka, it'll just be the show of kids who no one has heard of who can do the 900.� Fuck maybe I just don't know enough about how the olympics work but this would just be the America vs. Brazil showdown, and give the general populace and even worse understanding of skateboarding.� I know I'm preaching to the quire here because Slappers have the same opinions on the idea of olympic skateboarding being kooky as I do, but like the idea is so shitty and absurd I had to pick it apart in a drunken rant.� Goddamn fuck the very idea of Olympic skateboarding, the last thing I want is to have some yuppie try to relate to me because he saw NBC's documentary on Little Johnny Redbull's "training" routine.� The good news is if my drunk ass can think of this many problems with the idea the olympic committee should too.�
[close]

Please don't reproduce.  

quire
kwī(ə)r/
noun
four sheets of paper or parchment folded to form eight leaves, as in medieval manuscripts.
Choir…...fuck I know how to spell it normally…..not totally sure what was happening when I typed this

OldmanEpic

« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2015, 06:51:03 PM »
Dompierre on trenbolone acetate and winstrol

sms_b

« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2015, 07:15:43 PM »
if it does go the olympic route I hope for different classes, like battle, freestyle, endurance, downhill, and my personal favourite: ultra-vert. Cody Cepeda for gold in battle! Tom Schnarr for for gold in ultra-vert! Jason Dill for gold in downhill! Shane O'Neil for gold in freestyle! Kenny Anderson for gold in endurance!

D-way gets the gold in shot-put but they'll only let him have it in Russia, where the rules of shot-put are a little different. It's called brick-put and you get to throw the brick at someone who distributes propaganda. no-homo.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2015, 05:54:28 AM »
If skateboarding does go into the Olympics then it will be fucked forever. The way it will head and be in every school as a routine "sport" so your country can get a medal will fuck up the way a person should get into skating and change there perception of how mskating should be. All about de winning and being the best, not about  just having the best time you can have
Haha gimme a break, that sounds exactly like Street League right now.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2015, 09:21:03 AM »
Dompierre on trenbolone acetate and winstrol
Sorry juice monkey that joke went way over my head.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2015, 10:12:52 AM »
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2015, 09:42:45 AM »
Do you guys think any pros have ever used PEDs? I was thinking why wouldn't they? There are no rules that say you can't like in competitive sports. So I wonder if any skaters have taken adderall, HGH, EPOs, or anything like that to film a part.

Brett

« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2015, 11:13:44 AM »
Do you guys think any pros have ever used PEDs? I was thinking why wouldn't they? There are no rules that say you can't like in competitive sports. So I wonder if any skaters have taken adderall, HGH, EPOs, or anything like that to film a part.

I think the chances are highly unlikely. HGH and EPO are expensive so are steroids in general. HGH is better used with other hormones, so your cost will increase dramatically. EPO only increase red blood cell count which increases the amount of oxygen you can carry to the muscle. These days with 5 min long jam formats in contests one could use the extra air. Problem being if you don't do it right your blood turns to pudding and your heart stops.
Filming a part... You can heal faster, take some heavier slams and have some bigger pop but I have yet to see an overall benefit on how it can improve your flick or your style or your ability to learn tricks.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2015, 11:16:24 AM »
Good points. I think adderall would be the most likely to be used if at all. It could sharpen your concentration for a short time.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2015, 11:50:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if we let gays marry each other, who's to say uncle jimmy won't marry a sheep?? he's been spendin an awful lot of time with it...

who cares if they don't enjoy skating in the same way you do? how should skating be perceived? someone training to be the best skater still feels the thrill of accomplishment when landing a trick or the almost pants-shitting of a nearly terrible slam. they still learn from the slams they don't avoid and they learn how to persevere. skating teaches everyone in similar ways. if some kids have never heard of jason dill then who cares. the fear of some crazy jock skater generation is pretty stupid.

if you're really that scared, burn copies of eastern exposure videos or something and drop them from planes over these communist skate facilities and schools to share your influences. include some anti-nyjah propaganda to really seal the deal.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2015, 12:59:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

if we let gays marry each other, who's to say uncle jimmy won't marry a sheep?? he's been spendin an awful lot of time with it...

who cares if they don't enjoy skating in the same way you do? how should skating be perceived? someone training to be the best skater still feels the thrill of accomplishment when landing a trick or the almost pants-shitting of a nearly terrible slam. they still learn from the slams they don't avoid and they learn how to persevere. skating teaches everyone in similar ways. if some kids have never heard of jason dill then who cares. the fear of some crazy jock skater generation is pretty stupid.

if you're really that scared, burn copies of eastern exposure videos or something and drop them from planes over these communist skate facilities and schools to share your influences. include some anti-nyjah propaganda to really seal the deal.

it's not that crazy of an idea. lots of things move from less popular to mainstream and change in the process. it's not really a fear so much as an observation of what's happening. and some people don't like the changes while others embrace them. there will no doubt be a generation of skaters raised by soccer mom types and that will change the culture of skateboarding. it's kind of like how a lot of "indie" bands these days are rich kids whose parents drove them to all their gigs and encouraged their music.

Shredface

• Rep: -44
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2015, 01:37:48 PM »
We need Big Brother to come back with the Bong Olympics , turn the weed smoking INTO the event.
Nothing like seeing competitive weed smoking

yapple dapple

« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2015, 02:23:47 PM »
Take a page from the DIME book.
Start our own contest? Drug test involved.
GHB hippy jump
K- hole vert drop in.. Oh fuck that be sweet..
Spice high kickflip challenge. I'm on it..
Uzi a beer
Acid drop. Who can drop the hardest while listening to  Yaniee.
Fuck pot!
XTC black metal dance off..
Riods! I fucking need MY Steroids..  man you'll bunch of pussys if u an't balking up.
And kale
Yeah kale, kale juice to be precise. With a hint of pineapple.
My point? Shit, I an't got no point. I like drugs though.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 05:32:35 PM by yapple dapple »

frontsideoverkrook

« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2015, 08:42:20 PM »
the beginning of the end