Author Topic: Bad shoe thread  (Read 21029 times)

Witcheshit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
  • nosebeforehoes.blogspot.com
    • nose before hoes avatar image
Re: Bad shoe thread
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2015, 10:02:54 PM »

Roll Forever Tate, 360 Frip, Yappie Dappie, Rusty, T Mack, Pablo, Malcolm, Nosey, Abair

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2015, 11:02:47 PM »
To be fair, those airwalks (protoype 540? 1080?) were made for vert/ knee sliding. Pretty sweet shoe esp. if you were coming from OG chuks or vision street wear. Great thread btw. I can think of lots but I guess I am looking at them from a functional point of view...
What about all the Airwalk NTS 2s and 3s that came out, I swear everyone at my high school was wearing them at one point ???

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

ZEBRA

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2015, 11:36:29 PM »

Anybody remember these?? Super popular when I first started skating in 2001 in my area. Everybody had them. Main reason I wanted them cause they were "cool". Something goes for the Osiris D3 2000. That mind set changed real quick within the first 6 months of skating.

Never had them, but I can't imagine they were too good. They just look uncomfortable.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2015, 12:48:45 AM »
czars no?
The guy that designed them talked about them quite a bit in an interview (that was recently re-posted on here).
I actually didn't mind that sole though (they used this sole on a few of their different models)

ZEBRA

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2015, 01:20:19 AM »
czars no?
The guy that designed them talked about them quite a bit in an interview (that was recently re-posted on here).
I actually didn't mind that sole though (they used this sole on a few of their different models)

Not sure what they're called. Sole doesn't look bad. Rest of the shoe though?? Yes.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2015, 01:29:31 AM »
Not sure what they're called. Sole doesn't look bad. Rest of the shoe though?? Yes.

oh they were terrible and actually the definition of what this thread is all about (came in awful colorways too), them and the lo cut II's.

That sole though ... I had this brown canvas/ suede pair of shoes that looked like low cut hiking boots (smolik wore them in fulfill the dream i think) with rope laces and they were so dreamy <3 Anyone have any idea what model I'm talking about?

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -302
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2015, 03:22:03 AM »
The entire nike sb thread.
It actually blows my mind they can still find colour combos for the janoski that haven't been done.
On a serious, and possibly controversial note my vote goes to the halfcab. They tore and wore through so quick, maybe they were lemons?

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2015, 05:31:13 AM »
The Adidas Seely is a beautiful shoe but they never, I mean NEVER break in enough to be skated in.

After a year and half, they still feel like a pair of leather boots

ableSkateMag.com

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2015, 06:04:04 AM »
I remember having these when I was about 15. They fell apart from just walking in about a month, I skated them maybe twice. And they were so fucking uncomfortable.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2015, 06:05:47 AM »

To be fair, these aren't made for skating. They're for racing.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2015, 06:13:08 AM »
Circa CX111

Horrible shoes. No board feel and they never broke in. One of the worst shoes I've skated.

Fallen Sting

Same issue as the Circa's. Also they looked like clown shoes.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2015, 10:30:37 AM »
i looked for pictures of the Emerica Leed but could not find any. They looked Similar to the Ellington so i bought them, the grip wore away in a week, the sole was stiff and had the worst flick ever.

EDIT: it was actually the "Leen" found it
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:34:32 AM by MOE SYZLAK »

ZEBRA

« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2015, 12:14:57 PM »
I remember having these when I was about 15. They fell apart from just walking in about a month, I skated them maybe twice. And they were so fucking uncomfortable.

Bummer to hear. Those looks perfect.

I had some red leather ones around the same age you had your Motorheads. They were really good. I loved them. I wish the reissue didn't have such a pointy toe. Not feeling them.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2015, 01:17:04 PM »
The Adidas Seely is a beautiful shoe but they never, I mean NEVER break in enough to be skated in.

After a year and half, they still feel like a pair of leather boots

http://i3.stycdn.net/images/2013/10/44/article/so49/so4973110/adidas-seeley-schuhe-cider-white-1320-medium-1.jpg

THIS! Couldn't agree more. I tried the mids and the lows. Great looking shoe, but probably one of the least functional Adidas has ever made. The sole is unlike any other vulc I've ever had. Very stiff and slippery mess. Just an awful shoe.

cletus the slack jawed yokel

• Rep: 7
  • big money big cars!
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2015, 03:21:09 PM »

two of the most shittiest pieces of crappy materials ever put together, the eaze was near perfect for 2 days but before that the sole got bald and ripped on the inside, i put some shoegoo but it was late and the telford was a mistake WORST SKATE SHOE EVER.

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2015, 03:39:28 PM »
i looked for pictures of the Emerica Leed but could not find any. They looked Similar to the Ellington so i bought them, the grip wore away in a week, the sole was stiff and had the worst flick ever.

I think I remember those! Emerica also released this turd:

The Emerica Felts.
For Your Health

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2015, 04:32:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That looks like the same shoe. I thought the Felt was like a cross between the leen and a tilt with no air bubble

The Emerica Felts.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2015, 05:24:32 PM »
Wasn't the Felt trying to take the place of a pro shoe? Tosh's maybe?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2015, 05:32:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bummer to hear. Those looks perfect.

I had some red leather ones around the same age you had your Motorheads. They were really good. I loved them. I wish the reissue didn't have such a pointy toe. Not feeling them.

OG rowleys were the best. Admittedly though they probably weren't meant for a 15 year olds learning flip tricks/ skate 7 days a week types, but then again what vans are?

Wasn't the Felt trying to take the place of a pro shoe? Tosh's maybe?

Looks like they tried to have sex with their cousin too (i.e. the MJ1)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 05:39:34 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Kain

• Rep: -4
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2015, 06:41:01 PM »

ahh yes, the Leen.  i had a pair of those, the soles were made out of cement.  the air bag on mine shattered too, as if they were made of glass.  really questionable materials on those

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2015, 11:02:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

ahh yes, the Leen.  i had a pair of those, the soles were made out of cement.  the air bag on mine shattered too, as if they were made of glass.  really questionable materials on those

they were very similar to these, this shoe sucked royally. the grip, the short toebox, and the laces ripped in seconds 

ZEBRA

« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2015, 11:56:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

That looks like the same shoe. I thought the Felt was like a cross between the leen and a tilt with no air bubble

The Emerica Felts.
[close]

How is no one noticing this?? What one guy is calling the "Leen" is actually the "Felt. It says it right there.

These are the same Turds!!!

Also, I think the Felts predecessor was the Tilt. Or were they out at the same time?? Either way, I think the Felt was to replace the Tosh shoe. And the Tilt was wannabe MJ1.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2015, 12:09:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

The Emerica Felts.
[close]
[close]

How is no one noticing this?? What one guy is calling the "Leen" is actually the "Felt. It says it right there.

These are the same Turds!!!

Also, I think the Felts predecessor was the Tilt. Or were they out at the same time?? Either way, I think the Felt was to replace the Tosh shoe. And the Tilt was wannabe MJ1.

I had the brown ones, and I thought they were great. But that was a long time ago, so who knows how they really were.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2015, 12:38:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

The Emerica Felts.
[close]
[close]

Leen^

http://emerica.com/news/2005/06/17/how-i-felt/
^ Felt

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:40:26 AM by MOE SYZLAK »

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2015, 06:17:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

To be fair, these aren't made for skating. They're for racing.

However, one of the worst pair of running boots I ever competed in.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2015, 06:27:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

The Emerica Felts.
[close]
[close]

[close]

Leen^

http://emerica.com/news/2005/06/17/how-i-felt/
^ Felt

Ahh! I posted the wrong picture of the Felts by accident. Regardless, the Felts were garbage. One of my least favorite shoes
For Your Health

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2015, 09:27:57 AM »

these are the etnies scroll. my third skateboard shoe ever. I had wanted a pair of etnies so bad in 2001 that I settled for the only pair on sale at a surf shop while we were on vacation. I suffered through these for a VERY long time. They were indestructable.

Another of my early skate shoes, the cab 5. i loved them, but looking at them now holy shit. 7th grade was dope
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 09:31:18 AM by teh canadian suit »
p-shuvs and v-flips

Funkyfrenchfries

• Rep: 0
  • Oh my God! What are those, piranhas?
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2015, 11:37:48 AM »
I got these when they came out a couple years back and I was happy to support Jerry but these things sucked. For a vulc shoe they felt super stiff the whole time I skated them and never really broke in. Pretty bummed about them

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2015, 12:18:38 PM »
I got these when they came out a couple years back and I was happy to support Jerry but these things sucked. For a vulc shoe they felt super stiff the whole time I skated them and never really broke in. Pretty bummed about them
Those did suck. Didn't Emerica use that same sole on another shoe? Might have been a mid-top. They were really stiff, kinda slippery. Felt impossible to skate in
For Your Health

Space Monkey

• Rep: 35
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2015, 02:01:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Those did suck. Didn't Emerica use that same sole on another shoe? Might have been a mid-top. They were really stiff, kinda slippery. Felt impossible to skate in
I had some Sheckler 7's (from Ross) that were the "same" fusion sole. They sucked too.