Author Topic: Bad shoe thread  (Read 21012 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: Bad shoe thread
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2015, 04:09:00 PM »

Vans Stage 4
One of the best looking shoes i had but one of the worst i skated... Bought them when first came out. Was all hyped with this new thing, the wafflecup, and they looked so great + chima colorway, had to buy it. But fuck, it was such a let down. 1st i had to buy half size up to my feet fit in, and thought they were still a little tight, but in the end they stretched so much that i could go down 1 full size. They dug into my achilles, the insole was pure garbage, flatten out in about 2 weeks. The sole gone bald in no time and then it cracked like i havent seen in any other shoe. The inner material was terrible, some kind of canvas that ripped of and rubbed the shit out of my fingers... Oh and they were hot, like REALLY HOT! i dont get lots of sweat stains in shoes but in these they were always there, it was like a microwave shoe.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2015, 07:37:29 PM »
I hates these JT's back in the days.

Then he creates Fallen and makes the very same damn thing. I am not even sure if these are it but I hated both.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2015, 08:03:30 PM »

Vans Stage 4
One of the best looking shoes i had but one of the worst i skated... Bought them when first came out. Was all hyped with this new thing, the wafflecup, and they looked so great + chima colorway, had to buy it. But fuck, it was such a let down. 1st i had to buy half size up to my feet fit in, and thought they were still a little tight, but in the end they stretched so much that i could go down 1 full size. They dug into my achilles, the insole was pure garbage, flatten out in about 2 weeks. The sole gone bald in no time and then it cracked like i havent seen in any other shoe. The inner material was terrible, some kind of canvas that ripped of and rubbed the shit out of my fingers... Oh and they were hot, like REALLY HOT! i dont get lots of sweat stains in shoes but in these they were always there, it was like a microwave shoe.

Og, is that you?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2015, 09:21:51 PM »
I hates these JT's back in the days.

his first few shoes on circa doe :o

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2015, 10:47:13 PM »

tbt

still down for these

nothing's been the since same

ZEBRA

« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2015, 10:50:26 PM »

Vans Stage 4

I think you got a bad pair. Had the same ones and they were amazing. Everything quality. Super hard to rip through anything. Skated them for  a total of like 3 months, I would say. Hurt my knee and had to have surgery, to come back to these and skate again. My feet were super hot in them also. My only complaint.

I did have a pair from a different season and they changed the materials a little so they didn't hold up as well. They were garbage.

ZEBRA

« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2015, 10:52:13 PM »

I had the black suede/gum ones from their first run. So good. I loved that shoe. Pretty much good outta the box. Don't think the tread lasted very long though.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2015, 11:22:23 PM »
Expand Quote
*Vans Stage 4 Chima pic*

Vans Stage 4
[close]

I think you got a bad pair. Had the same ones and they were amazing. Everything quality. Super hard to rip through anything. Skated them for  a total of like 3 months, I would say. Hurt my knee and had to have surgery, to come back to these and skate again. My feet were super hot in them also. My only complaint.

I did have a pair from a different season and they changed the materials a little so they didn't hold up as well. They were garbage.

Yeah i had them for about 3/4 months, 1 or two of chilling in them, but then i'm not a shoe destroyer at all. I skated like 3 times a week, 4 at best at the time. A good shoe last me atleast 5 months skating! But yeah they had good things too. The suede was great, couldnt get any holes or major damage in it, and the shoe shape was nice and had a good flick. Plus, the style points were high in these, chicks loved them! I actually filmed one of my best tricks in them ahahaha
line 5.wmv

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2015, 12:11:04 AM »

tbt

still down for these
Oh my god I think my first pair of actual skate shoes were those rising suns but black with a purple sun and they were mids, got em cause I saw Billy Marks wearing them in what I'm pretty sure was toy machines tour video lurkfest. Talk about nostalgia haha

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2015, 05:29:05 AM »
I actually still have a brand new pair of the Fallen Chiefs that I have yet to skate. I bought the shoe out of nostalgia, and it's one of my favorite shoes of all time. Still haven't decided if I should skate them or not
For Your Health

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2015, 05:40:39 AM »
I actually still have a brand new pair of the Fallen Chiefs that I have yet to skate. I bought the shoe out of nostalgia, and it's one of my favorite shoes of all time. Still haven't decided if I should skate them or not

Same here. I bought some Midtop Chiefs about a year ago, because they were mad cheap. When I got them, I was in shock how puffy they are, I remeber them as some of the slimmer shoes from that era. They are vulc, so I dont know if I can skate them, but they are for sure way different than I remembered them.

Green Bastard

• Rep: 7
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2015, 05:28:02 PM »
This thread is making me regret all the stupid shit I bought in my life

Jordick

« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2015, 08:21:02 PM »
Wait what's wrong with the Reynolds cruisers? I always wanted a pair and since they re-printed them they've become a serious choice.

Funkyfrenchfries

• Rep: 0
  • Oh my God! What are those, piranhas?
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2015, 11:02:31 PM »
Wait what's wrong with the Reynolds cruisers? I always wanted a pair and since they re-printed them they've become a serious choice.
I really liked the pair that I had about 2 years ago, they skated great. Got an ollie hole kinda fast but other than that they were good shoes for me

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2015, 03:44:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I really liked the pair that I had about 2 years ago, they skated great. Got an ollie hole kinda fast but other than that they were good shoes for me

Ive had so many pairs of the Reynolds Cruisers. Such a classic shoe.

ZEBRA

« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2015, 11:18:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
*Vans Stage 4 Chima pic*

Vans Stage 4
[close]

[close]

Yeah i had them for about 3/4 months, 1 or two of chilling in them, but then i'm not a shoe destroyer at all. I skated like 3 times a week, 4 at best at the time. A good shoe last me atleast 5 months skating! But yeah they had good things too. The suede was great, couldnt get any holes or major damage in it, and the shoe shape was nice and had a good flick. Plus, the style points were high in these, chicks loved them! I actually filmed one of my best tricks in them ahahaha
line 5.wmv

RIGHT?! What's with that?? I had girls really like them too. Maybe because not a lot of guys were wearing maroon shoes?? I don't know...

I'd have a girl over and she would wonder why I have so many pairs of shoes and she would be like,"I like these ones". Random...

dirtywork81

• Rep: 16
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2015, 10:37:37 AM »
anyone ever skate this one? I always found tempsters shoes impossible to skate.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2015, 04:19:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I had the black suede/gum ones from their first run. So good. I loved that shoe. Pretty much good outta the box. Don't think the tread lasted very long though.
I had the same colorway and they skated great.  Maybe circa just made them shitty and JT fixed them when he made fallen.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2015, 05:20:44 PM »

his first shoe was dope! it was also a dream to skate
look at how many people were rocking it at the time
can't speak for the 2nd and 3rd version though as I never skated a pair

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2015, 07:35:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

his first shoe was dope! it was also a dream to skate
look at how many people were rocking it at the time
can't speak for the 2nd and 3rd version though as I never skated a pair

i always wanted those for some reason.

also the reynolds cruiser was one of my least favorite shoes ever. prolly cuz i started skating them after 10 pairs of chukka lows. the sole felt way too high in comparison.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2015, 07:57:47 PM »
the sb gato is/was a great shoe but holy fuck the inside ends of the tongues fuck the top of my feet up so bad!
ive been skating the blue/red world cup ones for almost a month and i dont know whether to cut the tongues out or just throw them out/give em away. i got them for cheap so it wouldnt be a loss
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2015, 03:00:20 AM »

Anybody remember these?? Super popular when I first started skating in 2001 in my area. Everybody had them. Main reason I wanted them cause they were "cool". Something goes for the Osiris D3 2000. That mind set changed real quick within the first 6 months of skating.

Never had them, but I can't imagine they were too good. They just look uncomfortable.

i made out with some girl who had these in 8th grade. i checked her facebook and she looks like a recovering addict..
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2015, 06:38:23 AM »
Always hated these, I didn't care if Gonz repped them...

These were always the worst...

2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2015, 04:52:24 AM »
^ funny, because i want a pair now.  or a pair of Jims

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2015, 05:42:05 AM »
Expand Quote
I bought a pair of Huf Ramondettas and Peppers last year on Plndr. The Ramondettas were absolute garbage. Didn't even bother with the Peppers.
[close]

I wanna try the Peppers.
Im skating peppers at the moment. They feel (and look) a lot like campus vulcs. Wouldnt be able to give you an accurate life span though because i generally only skate once a week and usually not very hard, so they have lasted a while for me.
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2015, 05:21:40 PM »
never skated simples but i always like the look of them
here's a bad shoe (lineup) for ya, what about when dukes got bought out by some sporting company and produced absolute turds?
tail end of kastel? their first few seasons were on point but after that ... not so much
evol shoes? proto/pre-osiris ... terrible terrible stuff

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2015, 06:49:54 PM »
Did anyone ever skate the tennis ball airwalks? it was during the time when their logo was the lowercase a. anywho saw these and almost barfed.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2015, 08:34:41 PM »
Daewon 13CT

Really liked these imagewise. I had them for 2 months for walking only. Then I put them on for skating and in a week of skating the plastic that supports the back of the heel broke which resulted in torn suede on the back of my heels. The torn suede goes all the way from sole to the upper end of shoe, and of course the crack on plastic means that my shock is visible. I patched it with shoe goo and seems to hold and then after 5 sessions the plastic broke in another two places on the back of the heel resultin to torn suede AGAIN. I patched them too... Shitty shoes.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:52:51 PM by Tufty »

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2015, 08:52:09 PM »
never skated simples but i always like the look of them
here's a bad shoe (lineup) for ya, what about when dukes got bought out by some sporting company and produced absolute turds?
tail end of kastel? their first few seasons were on point but after that ... not so much
evol shoes? proto/pre-osiris ... terrible terrible stuff
The first run of original e's Koston 1's had a bad habit of blowing out the air bubble.  All my friends with liquid income bought into them and all of them ended up cursing their purchase soon after.