Author Topic: Bad shoe thread  (Read 21017 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Bad shoe thread
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2015, 09:21:40 PM »
to be fair, lots of early-tech air bubble shoes blew out. I'm sure we all had a pair.
speaking of terrible shoes, did anyone ever actually see/ skate a pair of RECS?
http://skately.com/library/ads/recs-shoes-mike-crum-pro-shoe-1999
LOL
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 10:01:07 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2015, 03:39:20 AM »
Daewon 13CT

Really liked these imagewise. I had them for 2 months for walking only. Then I put them on for skating and in a week of skating the plastic that supports the back of the heel broke which resulted in torn suede on the back of my heels. The torn suede goes all the way from sole to the upper end of shoe, and of course the crack on plastic means that my shock is visible. I patched it with shoe goo and seems to hold and then after 5 sessions the plastic broke in another two places on the back of the heel resultin to torn suede AGAIN. I patched them too... Shitty shoes.

bought that shoe, i think even full price! skated right out the box and bruised my heel on a flatground trick......you better belee dat i didnīt stomp the trick down hard or something! worst piece of shoe and i never wore these again!

Frosty178

• Rep: 6
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2015, 07:56:02 AM »
Continuing the DVS theme...

These went bald from just walking around a couple of weeks. Luckily only paid Ģ15 for them. Destroyed them at work after that. Properly shit.

Had some naff stiff cupsole from them that also ate shit at work.

Thought they might be onto something with this though...

But it didn't materialise.

Otis Fatona-Pinet

• Rep: -12
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2015, 08:28:26 AM »
Continuing the DVS theme...

These went bald from just walking around a couple of weeks. Luckily only paid �15 for them. Destroyed them at work after that. Properly shit.

Had some naff stiff cupsole from them that also ate shit at work.

Thought they might be onto something with this though...

But it didn't materialise.

Never really realized it but those dvs take a lot of inspiration from the Puma Match

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2015, 08:59:07 AM »
I may hurt some feelings here...

2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2015, 08:59:52 AM »

Couldn't resist. I, for the life of me, still do not understand why anyone can be nostalgic for Hook Ups. Love Jeremy Klein, but Hook Ups was some bubblegum nonsense that little kids and dorky non-skaters liked...

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 09:03:13 AM by PatrickSkateman »
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2015, 07:32:23 PM »
Skating some Marana's right now, and not feeling them. Couldn't tell you why, they just aren't working for me.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2015, 07:41:17 PM »

Had these in royal blue and wore em without socks. They ended up stankin' so bad that during a long car trip my father made me put them in the trunk of the car. Bad shoe indeed.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2015, 07:52:16 PM »
Skating some Marana's right now, and not feeling them. Couldn't tell you why, they just aren't working for me.

I have some canvas ones and I can say they are STIFF! Want to chalk it up to break in time but I'm going to have to get back to you

*goes back to his rowley 1 reissues*

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1537
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2015, 07:40:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have some canvas ones and I can say they are STIFF! Want to chalk it up to break in time but I'm going to have to get back to you

*goes back to his rowley 1 reissues*

Those rowley ones I bough for nostolgia, and they are without a doubt the worst shoes I've ever owned in my life.  I stopped skating them after 2 weeks and threw them away because I didn't want to even look at them.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2015, 08:03:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I got these when they came out a couple years back and I was happy to support Jerry but these things sucked. For a vulc shoe they felt super stiff the whole time I skated them and never really broke in. Pretty bummed about them
[close]
Those did suck. Didn't Emerica use that same sole on another shoe? Might have been a mid-top. They were really stiff, kinda slippery. Felt impossible to skate in
[close]
I had some Sheckler 7's (from Ross) that were the "same" fusion sole. They sucked too.

I second those Hsu 2's being awful. I remember those and, really, almost any Emerica shoe around that time that had a vulcanized sole got really shitty, like the soles got thicker, stiffer, and were made with a completely different type of rubber that wouldnt skate the normal way, and I was on a huge Emerica kick at that time.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2015, 05:47:14 PM »
Those rowley ones I bough for nostolgia, and they are without a doubt the worst shoes I've ever owned in my life.  I stopped skating them after 2 weeks and threw them away because I didn't want to even look at them.

Gotta wonder about them aye? There's something about them that doesn't feel quite right but is it nostalgia that's clouding my/ your judgement? Even just the upgrade in the insole alone should have made them amazing but there's still something missing ...
Wish I had an OG pair so that I could compare

Funkyfrenchfries

• Rep: 0
  • Oh my God! What are those, piranhas?
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2015, 07:16:38 PM »
I had a pair of these Vans Euclid, the shoe felt so floppy after skating them for 3 hours for and the foxing tape started to detach causing the sole to fall apart from the shoe after the second session. I think I may have just gotten a defective pair.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2015, 12:19:38 AM »
I had a pair of these Vans Euclid, the shoe felt so floppy after skating them for 3 hours for and the foxing tape started to detach causing the sole to fall apart from the shoe after the second session. I think I may have just gotten a defective pair.

I loved the idea of the holes instead of the stripe and almost got them because of that. This kinda made me feel better about missing that opportunity.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.