Author Topic: Crail Couch Reynolds and Carroll  (Read 8023 times)

snaked plissken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
Re: Crail Couch Reynolds and Carroll
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2015, 07:33:25 AM »
finally someone agrees with the migos/trap music shit...awful.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2015, 07:44:32 AM »
I like how Andrew talks about trap music and it being negative yet he edits all the baker stuff to three 6 mafia project pat juicy j etc

i thought this was pretty funny too. the shit theyre rapping about now hasnt changed much in the past like 20 years, right? maybe more talking about doing drugs than the past, but drugs/money/hoes has been the basic rap formula forever.

ive got to agree with this though. i just cant get down with the new guys. there are still great rappers out there but i just dont get they hype around the really popular trap dudes.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2015, 08:41:15 AM »
Why do they always have to do this on a couch? They should go outside or something.
I thought they were STREET yo..baker is fake

Yeah, it's kinda weird that they always film Crail Couch episodes on the Crail Couch.

dillanharp

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2015, 09:14:08 AM »
Migos and OT Genesis make Three-Six sound like their songs are literary classics.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2015, 09:24:09 AM »
Migos and OT Genesis make Three-Six sound like their songs are literary classics.

You say no to Homer, Juicy J can't. 

ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2015, 10:47:41 AM »
Expand Quote
I like how Andrew talks about trap music and it being negative yet he edits all the baker stuff to three 6 mafia project pat juicy j etc
[close]

i thought this was pretty funny too. the shit theyre rapping about now hasnt changed much in the past like 20 years, right? maybe more talking about doing drugs than the past, but drugs/money/hoes has been the basic rap formula forever.

Expand Quote
[close]

ive got to agree with this though. i just cant get down with the new guys. there are still great rappers out there but i just dont get they hype around the really popular trap dudes.

Yea Reynolds straight reveled how much of a hypocrite we all can be...but he's right about this new wave Trap shit...fucking terrible yo! Give me that 94' Trap shit from Memphis

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2015, 11:27:02 AM »
 Always a bit of hypocrisy in Andrew's words of wisdom as Baker is STILL putting out weed/booze related graphics, and most of the riders regularly indulge. But it's better than him saying nothing at all. And it's not like he can change the name at this point.

I agree with what he says about Trap music too but I guess it's kinda hypocritical of me because I listen to absurd southern rap all the time. I guess the difference I don't take anything they're saying seriously, and the new shit is just fucking awful.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2015, 11:37:39 AM »
Always a bit of hypocrisy in Andrew's words of wisdom as Baker is STILL putting out weed/booze related graphics, and most of the riders regularly indulge. But it's better than him saying nothing at all. And it's not like he can change the name at this point.

I agree with what he says about Trap music too but I guess it's kinda hypocritical of me because I listen to absurd southern rap all the time. I guess the difference I don't take anything they're saying seriously, and the new shit is just fucking awful.

Well his Brand is not explicitly promoting drinking and smoking herb, he has said in interviews that hes not going to sugar coat the scene, or hide what the riders are about.  I think his main complaint is kids who just show up to parks just to get stoned, play whack ass music, and barely skates...I know a few parks with this problem that I dont visit because of this.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2015, 11:58:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Well his Brand is not explicitly promoting drinking and smoking herb, he has said in interviews that hes not going to sugar coat the scene, or hide what the riders are about.  I think his main complaint is kids who just show up to parks just to get stoned, play whack ass music, and barely skates...I know a few parks with this problem that I dont visit because of this.

Doesn't every park have these group of kids?? that smoke all day and pop a kickflip on flat then leave. Whats sad is when they are in their 20s or 30s still doing this thinking they are kool with no job and still live with their parents.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2015, 12:35:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Doesn't every park have these group of kids?? that smoke all day and pop a kickflip on flat then leave. Whats sad is when they are in their 20s or 30s still doing this thinking they are kool with no job and still live with their parents.

not going as far to say ALL skateparks have this problem...Im sure a lot communities dont have this issue, but in my area (SF Bay) this is a problem I encounter at most parks (except parks that only have pools/ Carves).  I've noticed most of the people were talking about are in their early teens to mid 20's...whats funny is they think they are actually getting High on whack ass weed, I can usally tell by the smell when someone is smoking schwag  :P or bomb

Once upon a switch flip

• Rep: 1
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2015, 01:13:21 PM »
I get people thinking Andrew comes off as a hypocrite, but I think it's fair that he used to live a different life style and he has learned and grown up from it.  He has seen the damage that it does to kids, especially these idiot kids who want to live the life of a "pro skater" but they won't ever actually do anything with their lives sitting at their local park getting stoned all day.  I see it at every park I go to, almost every single kid there is sitting around drinking and smoking pot.  Like someone else mentioned, moderation is they key.  Theres nothing wrong with drinking and smoking a little here and there, but if it's your sole purpose everyday, that just sad.  It's sad seeing kids wasting their lives away, and I'm stoked Reynolds is man enough to say whats up and stand up for something he believes in.

Jacobtylermumford

• Rep: -4
  • Artist, skate rat
    • My art blog avatar image
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2015, 01:37:07 PM »
 he's not a hypocrite, he's acting responsible. Because a lot of young kids look up to him, and he probably feels a lot of residual guilt for not necessarily promoting drug use/alchohol, but certainly perpetuating it into skate culture and helping it become more normative, and accepted as a simply a byproduct of skateboarding.. I'm pretty sure Carrol is rolling in this interview.. nonetheless I love both of these dudes, and I can't wait to see them and everyone else on this tour when they hit CREAM CITY BABY

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2015, 01:41:15 PM »
can somebody make a gif of carroll saying molly and with shake junt font

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2015, 01:45:15 PM »
he's not a hypocrite, he's acting responsible. Because a lot of young kids look up to him, and he probably feels a lot of residual guilt for not necessarily promoting drug use/alchohol, but certainly perpetuating it into skate culture and helping it become more normative, and accepted as a simply a byproduct of skateboarding.. I'm pretty sure Carrol is rolling in this interview.. nonetheless I love both of these dudes, and I can't wait to see them and everyone else on this tour when they hit CREAM CITY BABY

The Hypocrisy we're talking about was his reference to Trap music, not his comment about smoking weed

straight

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Well his Brand is not explicitly promoting drinking and smoking herb, he has said in interviews that hes not going to sugar coat the scene, or hide what the riders are about.� I think his main complaint is kids who just show up to parks just to get stoned, play whack ass music, and barely skates...I know a few parks with this problem that I dont visit because of this.
[close]

[close]

not going as far to say ALL skateparks have this problem...Im sure a lot communities dont have this issue, but in my area (SF Bay) this is a problem I encounter at most parks (except parks that only have pools/ Carves).� I've noticed most of the people were talking about are in their early teens to mid 20's...whats funny is they think they are actually getting High on whack ass weed, I can usally tell by the smell when someone is smoking schwag� :P or bomb

Wack ass weed in sf?

Jacobtylermumford

• Rep: -4
  • Artist, skate rat
    • My art blog avatar image
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2015, 01:55:54 PM »
he's right though trap music does suck, the four elements of hip hop are djing, MCing, Breakin and Graffiti - all of which is comepletely absent from todays portrayed image of rap music..

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2015, 02:12:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What was the clothing company with just ads..?
[close]
It was 1984.

[close]
Yeah i think this company was owned by Von Vipper, Andrew probably didn't want to say that cuz that company is pretty lame, i think they revamped the team later and just put all the Burnside junky type dudes on the company it was a complete change up from the original line up and idea.

so they went from LA junkies type dudes to Burnside junky type dudes??  not that much of a change up if yo uask me, other than location.  And when they changed it, they actually put product out, had a team (including Trujillo, Jason Adams, Chet Childress, Eric Dressen, Steve Nesser, Al Partanen and others) and put out a full length video too.  So, it didn't just disappear....
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

mini pebble

• Rep: -43
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2015, 05:16:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Why do they always have to do this on a couch? They should go outside or something.
I thought they were STREET yo..baker is fake
[close]

Yeah, it's kinda weird that they always film Crail Couch episodes on the Crail Couch.

Also, why did they never make Cheers episodes not in a bar?

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2015, 05:24:13 PM »
i meeeeeeean technically beagle edits it? i know he's the one with the deepest catalog of dj screw and three 6 in the world, and reynolds prolly just lets him do his thing.

on the subject of AO, it felt like they were doing damage control for him for his earlier years and his media presence, noticeably trying to be all like "nah cmon guys we fuck with him theres no reason yall shouldnt fuck with him cause we fuck with him!"
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:26:08 PM by Still Tippin »

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2015, 05:40:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i meeeeeeean technically beagle edits it? i know he's the one with the deepest catalog of dj screw and three 6 in the world, and reynolds prolly just lets him do his thing.

Beagle only films.  Reynolds edits the videos, with a helping hand from Dollin.

I remember when Beagles Cinematographer Project montage came out, he said it was the first thing he ever shot and edited.

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2015, 06:52:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Beagle only films.  Reynolds edits the videos, with a helping hand from Dollin.

I remember when Beagles Cinematographer Project montage came out, he said it was the first thing he ever shot and edited.
ya learn something new every day

poorlatino

• Rep: 41
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2015, 07:06:15 PM »
Shane Heyl edits all the Shake Junt videos which contain all the cough syrup three six shit.
I wonder if Drew edited Cyrils new part though.. Wasn't backin the music.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 07:11:48 PM by poorlatino »

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2015, 07:06:59 PM »
I liked how Reynolds spoke out against disrespecting women if even just in passing. I can't remember the last time another pro did the same (if ever), hopefully kids take notice.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2015, 07:26:31 PM »
Shane Heyl edits all the Shake Junt videos which contain all the cough syrup three six shit.
I wonder if Drew edited Cyrils new part though.. Wasn't backin the music.

I think Doughnut handles all the newer stuff.

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2015, 07:31:14 PM »
Carroll still parties pretty hard,right?
wash uffize drive me to firenze

abudabi

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2015, 07:48:00 PM »
I liked how Reynolds spoke out against disrespecting women if even just in passing. I can't remember the last time another pro did the same (if ever), hopefully kids take notice.
i remember someone indirectly mentioning it, talking about how tupac was dope because he wrote 'dear mama' and respected women in songs or something. cant remember who that was. someone pretty famous.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2015, 11:30:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Well his Brand is not explicitly promoting drinking and smoking herb, he has said in interviews that hes not going to sugar coat the scene, or hide what the riders are about.� I think his main complaint is kids who just show up to parks just to get stoned, play whack ass music, and barely skates...I know a few parks with this problem that I dont visit because of this.
[close]

[close]

not going as far to say ALL skateparks have this problem...Im sure a lot communities dont have this issue, but in my area (SF Bay) this is a problem I encounter at most parks (except parks that only have pools/ Carves).� I've noticed most of the people were talking about are in their early teens to mid 20's...whats funny is they think they are actually getting High on whack ass weed, I can usally tell by the smell when someone is smoking schwag� :P or bomb
[close]

Wack ass weed in sf?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2015, 12:36:44 AM »
AO a Spazz confirmed!  ;D

I read this as "AO on Spazz confirmed!" and was awaiting the power violence resurgence that I have been predicting for a few years now.
M.I.T.B rip-off boards, crust pants, AO with dreads instead of plats...
Sorry AO, if you're reading this just ignore everything I wrote and please don't steal my business ideas ;)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

shark tits

« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2015, 12:40:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I read this as "AO on Spazz confirmed!" and was awaiting the power violence resurgence that I have been predicting for a few years now.
Sorry AO, if you're reading this just ignore everything I wrote and please don't steal my business ideas ;)
alex olson's hard dick in the glass eye of jake phelps

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2015, 12:51:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
alex olson's hard dick in the glass eye of jake phelps

hahaha! brand name: church of s(k)atan [/pentagram and token crust font]
free charles bronson patch with each purchase
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:03:05 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year