Author Topic: FALLOUT 4  (Read 14896 times)

InternetDaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
Re: FALLOUT 4
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2015, 07:29:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Ok, so I don't know much about PC settings. I actually never played a game on PC until this year (Fallout New Vegas). I want to get Fallout 4. Could I still play the game on my laptop? I played New Vegas without little issues with the exception of the graphics. How do I check my hardware?
[close]

Sure, you can check without third party programs. Right click the windows icon on the start menu. Click "run", type "Dxdiag", a window should popup asking if you want to update your drivers. Click "No", and there you go! System will list OS, CPU, RAM, and all that good stuff. Display will show the graphics card you're running along with it's drivers.

Hope this helps.

http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-system-requirements-released/

yep, do all that and then compare the specs to the minimum requirements in that link. As long as you meet or exceed those, you're good to go. You might have to crank the settings down pretty low in game but it won't be the end of the world.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2015, 08:34:08 PM »
Played for a few hours... without ruining anything, if your motivation is what it is, I wouldn't be helping all these random ass people so eagerly.

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2015, 11:42:39 PM »
Its so ironic that you find your dog at a place with Red Rocket in the name.

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2015, 03:00:41 AM »
performance on the xbox one is piss poor (although that may be my xbox, as it fucked up a while back and had to be sent back to MS)

Getting random hangs when loading into new areas/buildings and when initiating conversations.

Fucking pissing me off - as it really takes you out of the game.

Ploughed about 10 hours in last night/this morning and enjoying it so far.  I seem to have a shit ton of .38 ammo though so am just laying waste to ghouls left and right (which i will prob regret).  I also spunked all the minigun ammo from the rooftop when i think I would've been better just going down to street level and leaving the power armour for harder things . . .

so far so great - trying not to worry about main quests etc, and just enjoy the experience of being in the wasteland

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2015, 06:50:14 AM »
The deathclaws on this game are fucked....

if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Pauly Walnuts

• Rep: -5
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2015, 01:14:44 PM »
A lot of people have been surprised by the improved ghouls, apparently they can scale buildings now
"I told you a long time ago you fucking little monkey not to fuck me"-Alejandro Sosa

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2015, 07:49:32 AM »
this game is great. i never played fallout 3, only new vegas.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2015, 09:52:01 AM »
the settlement system is actually pretty dope. Nice way to add a few several hours of slower-paced creative gameplay in the mix of everything else . Im actually really into crafting systems as well which usually isn't my forte in RPGs. I have guns that i found from earlier on and have upgraded them to be more formidable even at much higher levels.

South east of the map is totally fucked. power armor is damn near mandatory especially at the very bottom corner. haven't seen much of the southwest but I'm sure Its just as bad. Don't go far south unless you ready for giant radscorpions, World war Z amounts of ghouls, and invisible deathclaws. shits fucked up out there

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2015, 03:42:37 AM »
Maybe I'm recovering from the awesomeness of Witcher 3 but so far I'm picking this apart instead of just embracing it. Bugs, pretty unappealing visuals and not that great combat outside V.A.T.S.

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2015, 05:42:48 AM »
This is so fucking awesome! My advice; don't care about the settlement building and do quests instead. The quests in this game are so facinating.. Haven't experienced any bugs either, just small cases of shitty frame rate every now and again.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2015, 02:44:40 PM »
Haven't even tried setting up a settlement or base. The closest I've come to that is just killing everybody in the covenant because they were too happy for a Fallout game.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2015, 01:44:55 PM »
i had forgotten what a good game was. great to finally be playing an entertaining immersive game. 

i have gone stealthy/jack of all trades with a focus in crafting, picking, hacking and, making my own chems. only had one or two fights where i felt terribly under powered (currently level 22) but the game lets you kite and use LOS if you want to play cheep. I never use the power armor however i have not been south of the city yet. 

i am playing on PC in ultra and have gotten a few bugs but nothing that didnt fix itself when i turned around came back up (knock on wood) and no noticeable frame drop.

favorites part about the game: its my neck of the woods!!  Rocky Narrows is in my home town and where i used to smoke a TON of pot!! and my office is in the game (about one block down from the exchange tower).

more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2015, 02:01:41 AM »
Got stuck revamping all the Minutemen settlements. It's like minecraft at this point.

Custom skater

• Rep: -80
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2015, 01:25:25 AM »
Been dedicating alot of time to fallout 4 since release, doing heaps of side quests.

Saw alot of cool character's customized to look like celebrity's or characters. Would love to see some pro skater's made into fallout 4 with the character creation.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2015, 03:56:14 PM »
It's been very hard to balance a job and this game.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

slapshakle

• Rep: 17
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2016, 03:25:47 PM »
I think it's time for me to go outside.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2016, 05:19:32 AM »
Level 53 and haven't reached the Institute yet. So easy and fun to keep derailing from the main path.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2016, 07:27:34 AM »
EDIT: HEAVY RANT INCOMING!!! BE WARNED!!!

i haven't played this a lot, but actually had my roommate putting over a 150h into it and i watched a lot of that and must say it seems like a better shooter than ever before. however the new dialogue system i found to be super dumb and this was the first fallout game where i couldnt identify with the protagonist in any way, and i usually play as females, so i can whore around in the wasteland.

the new system with the four choices is totally stupid and when my buddy was halfway through the game i really wasnt interested in it anymore, yet of course i watched from time to time until he got to the end.

i really like the setting, the commonwealth looks awesome, but i also feel like most places dont have a distinct character to them, maybe the glowing sea. it reminded me of fallout 3, which also disappointed me for it's dumb story and for a bethesda game very weak world building with in itself awesome, but samey looking locations and a very drab feel to it, like the worst, boring kind of bleakness.

i loved new vegas though, even if it has stupid parts, too. all in all i found the world and the story more coherent and akin to the older games, that i played religiously in the late 90s. in fact, my very first pc game i bought myself might have been fallout 2, and so far i still think that in terms of player agency and world builiding, the first two are still the best games from the series.

worst part in this game was the big twist when you finally get to the institute. some people told me they think that was actually super clever, i just thought it was super dumb. i thought the whole premise of the story was stupid.

it's like he wakes up from cryosleep, is super determined to find his kid, doesnt even think about the fact that he may have been in cryo for hundreds of years, his child maybe long dead. of course we as the player know when the story takes place, and that it's not too far off in the timetable, but the protagonist doesnt know. in a shooter with a shallow story, this is alright, but this is a story driven game.

anyway, so the mission is to find the kid. oh look, power armor, sweet! oh look, a deathclaw, better get in that power armor! oh scrap, sweet, i think i'll set the urgent quest aside to play a bit of mayor, build some towns, and so on... it was just totally unconvincing.

maybe i just don't like the writer's style, in the end he did fallout 3, too. f4 had a more convincing world, where there is actually an explanation as to why stuff is how it is, but it still feels dumbed down a lot from any fallout black isle or obsidian ever made. it's like eveytime bethesda does a fallout game it's like a lame and campy jock version of it where it's all power armor, laser rifles, kill all raiders, kill the other faction, just kill anyone. it's like their games are all about the protagonist becoming a demigod.

in fallout 3 and fallout 4, everyone waits for you to show up and do something about everything, the whole world is dead and immobile without you. like the guy in front of megaton begging for water is a really lame kind of exposition to show you people have no water, yet there is a whole town behind him full of people and they all seem to have enough water to get by, there's no countdown until it runs out like in 1/2. it just makes no sense, you have to take it as establishing the genereal info about the water problem, and everyone talks about it, altho everyone seems to have friggin enough water. player actions in the first two games and nv actually changed shit in other locations and cared to explain, why things were the way they were, where the food comes from, where water comes from, who is in control of those ressources., you could also kill npcs and companions, thus making their questlines disappear and thus alter any effect they would have on the storyline, too. in fallout 4, my buddy in the end was basically the leader of every faction, lover of every companion, even the ones that hate or go to war with each other. last thing to do is actually not a real complex decision that has meaningful choices, you just choose the one faction you want to align with in the end and then go on a genocide against their enemies. it's just crazy dumb...

my final gripe is with the protagonist. charisma and intelligence actually dont really show anymore in the dialogues, so it doesnt matter if you build a stupid or super smart character, it wont affect speech. charisma also doesn't alter dialogue that much anymore, and i just thought the protagonist is a stupid asshole. i just don't wanna play as this dude/chick, if i can't really influence his speech and if him/her being stupid/smart does only matter in relation to repair, science and medic skills. it's just not a real rpg. watching it and playing it for a bit, it reminded me of a much weaker STALKER.

anyone digging F4 should definitely try to get the STALKER games, if you like a shooter with rpg mechanics, any STALKER game is a much better choice than
F4, and purely looked at as an rpg, F4 is just weak as fuck. STALKER has a better inventory/weight system, much, much better gunplay and also an open world to explore, with a much less heavy handed narrative that isn't very complex, but vague enough to fill with imagination and coherent enough to seem realistic.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2016, 10:43:19 AM »
New DLC details :o

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-add-ons-automatron-wasteland-workshop-far-harbor-and-more/2016/02/16/77

Since Fallout 4 launched, we’ve been blown away by your support for the game. It stands as our most successful title ever and that couldn’t have happened without you. It’s been truly inspiring, the stories, images and experiences that you’ve created. And now it’s time to share with you some of what we’ve been creating – our first series of add-ons: Automatron, Wasteland Workshop and Far Harbor.

Automatron
Price: $9.99 USD | £7.99 GBP | $16.95 AUD
Release: March 2016

The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!

Wasteland Workshop
Price: $4.99 USD | £3.99 GBP | $7.95 AUD
Release: April 2016

With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures – from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers. The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixie tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!

Far Harbor
Price: $24.99 USD | £19.99 GBP | $39.95 AUD
Release: May 2016

A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

And more important, that this is only the beginning. We have plans for more. More than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016.

Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 USD (£24.99 to £39.99 GBP; $49.95 to $79.95 AUD) on March 1, 2016. However, if you already purchased the season pass for $29.99, nothing changes - you still get everything at no additional cost— the full $60 offering of add-on content for the original price of $29.99. In addition, if you didn’t buy the season pass yet, there is still time: anyone who buys the Season Pass for $29.99 before March 1st will get all $60 worth of content. This is our way of saying thanks to all our loyal fans who have believed in us and supported us over the years.

Want a chance to play these add-ons early? We’ll be running closed betas for each of the add-ons for consoles and PC. And you can sign up right now on Bethesda.net. In order to apply, you’ll need to create a registered Bethesda.net account. We’ll be selecting applicants in the upcoming weeks. Players accepted into the beta will receive a code to redeem the content. The beta is the full version (complete with achievements) and those participating will not have to purchase the add-on.

Beyond add-ons, we’ll continue to offer free updates to the game, including new features like the recentweapon debris for PC, and increased draw distances for consoles, as well as more optimizations to gameplay and quests. And something that we’re really excited about, a complete overhaul of Survival Mode that changes how you play the whole game: food, sleep, diseases, danger and more.

We’re also hard at work on the Creation Kit, which will allow you to create and play mods absolutely free. We’re currently testing both Survival Mode and the Creation Kit now, and more details will be forthcoming.

Thanks again for your continued support of Fallout 4. We can’t wait for you to play more!

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2016, 02:35:44 PM »
^^That's fucking awesome

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2016, 12:11:46 PM »
Frank I'd gnar you if I could.

I know I'm late to the party but fuckin frank hit the nail right on the head

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2016, 08:32:30 AM »
started bar harbor last night but like 3 or 4 hours into it.  they really breathed some new life into this game.  without giving any spoilers they made it so your charisma has an impact.  things happen without you and they really expanded on the aspects i like (the spooky detective stuff).  I hope i am not speaking to soon this appears to be well worth the 25 bucks.

NOTE: i skipped the other DLC because it had zero appeal to me.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2016, 01:04:03 AM »
Far Harbor was really good but has anyone tried the latest DLC? Raiders and Nuka Cola?

@thewilleasley

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2016, 10:57:10 AM »
Far Harbor was really good but has anyone tried the latest DLC? Raiders and Nuka Cola?

Cool environment but very combat heavy. Not that that's an issue but there isn't the most depth in terms of story & decision making. There's only 1 new settlement which is just a red rocket on a flat plain outside the park. Some of the new weapons are cool though. It's not bad just not exceptionally good. Far Harbor is probably better overall but Nuka World is decent. Gonna try to play through it on my survival mode save but I know that shit gonna be hella hard

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2016, 05:25:44 PM »
Survival mode got fucking tough since new vegas. super fun though

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2016, 11:23:47 PM »
Haven't dabbled with survival mode at all. Changed from PS4 to PC not long after the level 53 and just ran through everything I'd already seen and done. Still holding onto those Silver Shroud items for no reason.

If it's mostly shooting and Nuka Cola (Vim Pop! ftw) I think I'll pass.