Author Topic: Skateboarding, denim, and cleanliness.  (Read 7395 times)

Coconut Lotion

Re: Skateboarding, denim, and cleanliness.
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2015, 05:13:29 AM »
I own a pair a Edwin's I bought two and a half years ago that I've never washed. Never skated in em though. I run two pairs of carhartt pants to skate in and they get washed once a week sometimes more. I'm really picky with pants, trying to track down some that tick all my boxes but no luck so far

dinosaur

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2015, 02:55:09 PM »
I skate in selvedge jeans all the time, but i only rock looser cuts cause those fabrics got 0 stretch. I wash mine regularly when they start to get dirty. All that "don't wash your jeans" bullshit is not true, washing is good since it makes your jeans hold up longer by tightening up the stitching and the fabric. The more often you wash your jeans, the lighter they'll become and the least "contrasty" the fades get, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, it's all personal preference. Bottom line is, wash your jeans.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2015, 10:50:49 PM »
I've gone like half a year without washing jeans, and I've skated in them too. If they get sweaty, I hang them up to air out in the sun. Never had an issue before.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2015, 03:32:16 AM »
I skate in jeans and I just wash them whenever they feel dirty or smelly. They're jeans, so it takes a while for that. I let them air out after wearing them, though.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2015, 04:55:27 PM »
I've gone like half a year without washing jeans, and I've skated in them too. If they get sweaty, I hang them up to air out in the sun. Never had an issue before.

How many no-sweat Asians do we have in here.....I'm one....

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 77
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2015, 05:11:41 PM »

Then your (butt) sweat must smell like roses then ... either that or you're not human ??? You should probably go and get that checked out
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:13:38 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2015, 05:24:28 PM »
You probably smell like shit you dirty fuckers. My ass gets so sweaty in the summer, I'm proud of my over washed faded dad jeans.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2015, 07:30:55 PM »
Cotton (aka the main ingredient of denim) should be washed. Cotton has absolutely NO properties that make them anti bacterial or microbial.
Do you wash your cotton tees? Then wash your fucking cotton jeans!

Just wash them cold (with detergent that works at low temps) and hang dry if you're scare of them fading...

Noioso

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2015, 08:53:55 PM »
I only wear jeans.

When I skate, I have to wash them after because I sweat too much.

Slap, what are the best pants for skating when you're as sweaty as Gershon Mosley?
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 77
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2015, 10:02:15 PM »
you're as sweaty as Gershon Mosley?

That's pretty sweaty :o

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2015, 10:56:39 PM »
Man..three years ago....burned my cargos...two years....cords....last year almost all my denim.....it's dickies only right? Then this? 

hornyrick

• Rep: -5
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2015, 12:09:01 PM »
I wear old navy jeans you can wash if you want, skateboarding for me is about performance
alright tracer

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2015, 12:41:28 PM »
I only wear jeans.

When I skate, I have to wash them after because I sweat too much.

Slap, what are the best pants for skating when you're as sweaty as Gershon Mosley?

When it's too hot I wear shorts, but I got these thicker mesh pants for running in the fall. American made and pretty sturdy for mesh, would be a lot cooler to skate in than jeans, but I could see a bad slam possibly tearing them up.
http://www.amazon.com/Zipper-Pockets-Zippered-Womens-Active/dp/B00CSWREK2   I know it says women's, but click it they're unisexual (?)

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2015, 04:56:55 AM »
Man..three years ago....burned my cargos... a friend of mine asked me to say some emcee rhymes so I said this rhyme I'm about to say, the rhyme was deafer but it went this way

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2015, 09:38:56 AM »
Cotton (aka the main ingredient of denim) should be washed. Cotton has absolutely NO properties that make them anti bacterial or microbial.
Do you wash your cotton tees? Then wash your fucking cotton jeans!

Just wash them cold (with detergent that works at low temps) and hang dry if you're scare of them fading...
definitely this. i watched some video interview, i think on what youth, with johan stuckey and he said how he got a staph infection from not washing his pants after always skating in them lol

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -7
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2015, 07:42:46 PM »
People wash their shit too much these days but they should be washed.

I used to do the no washing thing and what happens is that all the sweat builds up in the crotch and it blows out. When you wash, wash them inside out on cold (you should always wash on cold; it cleans just as well, costs less, is better for the environment, and better for your clothes) and hang dry jeans.
I also got a weird cyst on my inner leg twice when doing that which I think is because what essal said, lots of microbes accumulating.

Also pro-tip, shaving your pubic hair makes you more likely to get STD's as it basically causes a bunch of tiny little cuts.
4urhelth

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2015, 05:30:15 PM »
Thanks for the pointer yourfuckingdad.....but you can guess who we already learned this from.....

Xtal

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2015, 10:55:22 AM »
I personally hate the way jeans look and feel. I've been wearing Dickies Original 874's for years and I wash them after nearly every wear. If I didn't sweat or get dirty I'll sometimes go anywhere from 2-4 days until I wash them but that's the longest I'll go.

Cold water wash, dry on extra low heat. Never shrink, color never fades. Jeans are 100% cotton which is why they shrink so easily. Dickies are mostly polyester and only a small amount of cotton. They're a bit stiff at first but after a few laundry cycles they are perfect, and way more durable than jeans.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2015, 02:57:02 PM »
So a question related to cleanliness... how do you guys get sweat stains out of white shirts?

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2015, 05:10:26 PM »
bleach

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2015, 09:23:54 PM »
I personally hate the way jeans look and feel. I've been wearing Dickies Original 874's for years and I wash them after nearly every wear. If I didn't sweat or get dirty I'll sometimes go anywhere from 2-4 days until I wash them but that's the longest I'll go.

Cold water wash, dry on extra low heat. Never shrink, color never fades. Jeans are 100% cotton which is why they shrink so easily. Dickies are mostly polyester and only a small amount of cotton. They're a bit stiff at first but after a few laundry cycles they are perfect, and way more durable than jeans.
Polyester smells, cotton does too but not nearly as bad. Denim is perfect for summer as it breathes, polyester for winter, but don't get carried away. Jeans look ok and feel tough, much more so than dickies.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2015, 02:40:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Polyester smells, cotton does too but not nearly as bad. Denim is perfect for summer as it breathes, polyester for winter, but don't get carried away. Jeans look ok and feel tough, much more so than dickies.

So that's the appeal of those Dickie pants? I'm fortunate not to know what true Canadian cold feels like, but I can imagine that wearing jeans in the winter gives you a Ned Flanders vibe. Feels like wearing nothing at all. The wind just cuts right through it!

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2015, 03:29:17 AM »
jealous of anyone in this thread who doesn't have a sweaty butt that smells like shit after you skate

you don't want me to NOT wash my shits

Xtal

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2015, 08:12:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There's durable jeans out there for sure, but they come at a high price. Levi's are overrated and the quality has gone downhill. There's a former Dogtown team member that makes some badass custom jeans in Cali but he doesn't even list prices so I'm sure they're expensive.

Dickies have been worn in the work industry for decades because they hold up extremely well. There's an industrial cotton line that they have which is pretty much 100% guaranteed not to rip or pill. As far as smell, it boils down to body chemistry. Some people can smell shortly after a shower and need to wash their clothes constantly, others (like me) eat healthy and drink plenty of water and don't stink easily. So for me, it's dickies shorts all summer long and dickies pants in the winter. Never have to buy new clothes because they hold up forever. I can wash them after each time I wear them if I want and they get better and better. Try that with jeans, it's the opposite.