Author Topic: Motorcycle Skate Trips  (Read 3746 times)

Heather Chandler

Motorcycle Skate Trips
« on: June 08, 2015, 12:46:06 PM »
Anyone else planning any kind of mc/skate trip/tour this Summer?  I've been trying to get out on a 2-3 day trip to Oregon Coast (about 600 mile loop), stopping to skate a few parks on the way.  Seems like each time I'm ready to head out, one of my kids get sick or weather sucks.  Hopefully, I can get a couple good trips in this Summer.  Riding a motorcycle and skating is a lot like that Seinfeld episode where George combines sex and food.  Lots of twisties in the great state of Oregon.  Anyway, this is my set up so far, have been using it going to the local park before work and seems to work pretty well.  Bike is a Yamaha FZ8.  Post up your set ups.  Ride safe.

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Motorcycle Skate Trips
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 09:12:13 PM »
Setup is unfuckwithable

Moto trips are boring in Canada and most of America, all straight and flat roads. Go to Europe you get these crazy windy up and down everywhere you go

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 09:46:44 PM »

did one back in 2008 in southern japan, had a great time. basically the dictionary definition of freedom!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Heather Chandler

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 10:05:50 PM »
I agree.  It's like an extension of skating when you're going through a corner perfectly.  I'm no expert, but I ride/commute everyday and try to get some spirited runs in over to Ashland on Hwy 66.  It's pretty much all corners.  I'd love to plan a 5-7 day skate/camp trip in the near future.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 10:40:06 PM »
I agree.  It's like an extension of skating when you're going through a corner perfectly.  I'm no expert, but I ride/commute everyday and try to get some spirited runs in over to Ashland on Hwy 66.  It's pretty much all corners.  I'd love to plan a 5-7 day skate/camp trip in the near future.

Nice! I actually learned to ride before I learnt to skate but they are both comparable (and totally addictive!).
The only problem with week long + trips is iron arse from sitting in the saddle for too long ... although doesn't look like you'd have a problem with that your current set-up. I did a week + long riding/ camping trip in 2013 on 11" shocks (different bike to the one i posted) and while I definitely had the time of my life, skating was the last thing on my mind at the end of the day.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Flynn_Projects

• Rep: 0
    • FlynnProjects.com avatar image
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 10:47:05 PM »
Nothing better than riding, camping, and skateboarding all day. Looking to do a trip along the west coast, or a baja trip before too long. Always down for a day trip too. Anyone on here riding in California?

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 09:37:16 PM »
Nothing better than riding, camping, and skateboarding all day. Looking to do a trip along the west coast, or a baja trip before too long. Always down for a day trip too. Anyone on here riding in California?
Been riding for 6 years because its my main source of transportation and i have yet to go on one of those trips, totally blowing it i know but its hard to do since there arent many bike owners around that skate (let alone bike owners)
Hit me up when in california or baja, i live in its capital which is a border town and im down
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 09:39:18 PM by mex.ceferino »

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.