Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - THIS IS NOT A FUCKING DRILL  (Read 5379 times)

iwshilvdnfinland

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -107

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • definitely.
Re: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - THIS IS NOT A FUCKING DRILL
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 05:30:21 AM »

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 05:56:21 AM »
I hope I hope I hope they don't change the gameplay. Update with sweet modern graphics but the same old turn based gameplay with the same battle system, same materia, magic, limit breaks the lot. I don't know if its the unpopular opinion but I love old school turn based  combat.

PLEASE NO crappy FF13 style additions or battle spheres or whatever rubbish the new games have. Keep it basic FF7.  
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 05:59:23 AM by landCow »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • definitely.
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 06:29:45 AM »
I think the gameplay is safe.  I hope the game has a lot of added content, and an unlockable "purer" version when you beat it, but that's probably just a fantasy.  Maybe the ps4 will be down to 300 by the time it's released too.

Just sniff some glue

• Rep: -3
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 07:30:45 AM »
Two things can happen
1. They nail it perfectly and its the best thing ever
2. They fuck it up so badly (voice acting, design of the city, boss designs, etc) and its not even close how you imagine the game would look like when originally playing FF XII

tobbe

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 07:39:37 AM »
I dont know how to feel about this.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • definitely.
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 07:47:38 AM »
I don't think they will fuck it up.  If they do, the original still exists and there is still shit I have never done after 4 play throughs.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 02:52:17 PM »
FF7 is the leading source of nostalgia among American males in their late 20's

nice_guy_2

• Rep: -44
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 08:38:57 PM »
Midgar im coming back

nice_guy_2

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 08:41:44 PM »
imagine knights of the round!

maybe 1/35 soldier will mean something this time

nice_guy_2

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 08:44:24 PM »
GOLD SAUCER

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -383
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 09:21:09 PM »
vincent muthafucking valentine

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 12:50:44 AM »
GOLD SAUCER
They could make the snowboard game a real game.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 08:38:32 AM »
GOLD SAUCER
They could make the snowboard game a real game.
the chocobo race too

shark tits

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 08:58:52 AM »
i never played this for i do not play games but i read a neat story about a ff7 house in pennsylvania and then supposedly one of the characters from there moved to california and was a bad roommate. anyone know those stories?

nice_guy_2

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 04:44:44 PM »

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 11:29:50 PM »
They are changing the gameplay/minor story changes, it's not just a visual upgrade. I'm not as excited as I was when they first announced it because all I want is a HD update. I don't want any changes but I'll be anxiously awaiting what they come out with. Here's the interview http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/17/final-fantasy-vii-remake-interview-e3-2015/.

So you could flip the genders of say, Yuffie?

TN: Nothing that drastic! But there will be changes. More than me, [Producer Yoshinori] Kitase and [scenario writer Kazushige] Nojima are more concerned about what gets changed. I'm not too worried about that. I'm often happy to cut out parts. Before meetings, the pair of them often discuss what's happening. It's very likely that not everyone is going to like everything.

The trailer seemed pretty serious in tone. Will the occasional humor the original game carry through?

TN: The comedy or the lighthearted parts -- I like those. I don't want to change it that much. But we can't have these upgraded, beautiful 3D models of Cloud and Barrett, still lining up in a row, jumping forward to attack an enemy, then jumping back to wait for their next turn. That would be bizarre. Of course there will likely be changes there. But if we took away parts like the lighter moments of the game, then it would no longer be FFVII.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

tobbe

• Rep: 2
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 11:49:03 PM »
"I don't want to change it that much. But we can't have these upgraded, beautiful 3D models of Cloud and Barrett, still lining up in a row, jumping forward to attack an enemy, then jumping back to wait for their next turn. That would be bizarre."

So its gonna be more like Before crisis and those games huh?

Officially unstoked :(

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 12
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 12:21:38 AM »
 I got teary eyed when I saw the reveal trailer, but now I'm not sure how I feel about this at all. I get what the producers are saying about the turn-based system not holding up. I get it. Old fashioned, obsolete. But they're wrong. For a lot of us, the nostalgia lies in the familiarity, every nuance included, and I think deviating from something as critical as the combat system (a crucial facet of interaction with the world) is a mistake. I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around updating mechanics like the world map. They're trying to make a game that will stand up to the current expectations of younger audiences who have never played a turn-based game, but what for? This isn't for them.

Ah fuck it. It's likely three years away anyways. I'll just play the direct port on my iPhone in a few months.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 02:10:17 AM »
"I don't want to change it that much. But we can't have these upgraded, beautiful 3D models of Cloud and Barrett, still lining up in a row, jumping forward to attack an enemy, then jumping back to wait for their next turn. That would be bizarre."

I know it's early days but that interview sucks.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • definitely.
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 08:41:45 AM »
I get where the producers are coming from.  My rose-colored glasses even make me believe that changing the battle system to "live" (or whatever the proper rpg term is for what it's like now) could work.  Materia, limit breaks, summons all must be included in a very similar way.  I welcome additional side quests.  The main quest and dialogue should be close to 90% true to the original however.  The original game still exists people.

Just sniff some glue

• Rep: -3
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2015, 09:17:01 AM »

I know it's early days but that interview sucks.

Yeah it's still to early to tell if its going to be good or not. In fact I bet you they don't even know what their doing. We won't see that game till 2017 or 19 at the most. Still, in the back of my head i think square will probably fuck this game up some how. For example, Look at final fantasy 3 remake and how pissed everyone was with final fantasy X-Hd. With Final Fantasy X all they did was upgrade the menu and change the music and FF fans were going to riot in the streets and kill everyone.

nice_guy_2

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2015, 04:51:44 PM »
i think cid is gay as fuck, def sucked at least one dick

Bobby Peru

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 488
    • Support Houghton MI Skatepark
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2015, 07:56:41 PM »
I get where the producers are coming from.  My rose-colored glasses even make me believe that changing the battle system to "live" (or whatever the proper rpg term is for what it's like now) could work.  Materia, limit breaks, summons all must be included in a very similar way.  I welcome additional side quests.  The main quest and dialogue should be close to 90% true to the original however.  The original game still exists people.

I'm actually hoping for some differences. The original is untouchable, so if they're going for it, might as well get buck wild.

Haven't been too hyped for new games lately, but man this brought back feelings.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2015, 03:58:50 AM »
It better be different in some aspects. If it isn't then what's the point? Play the original. Isn't it very possible they could have in game options for mode of play anyway?

And fuck Yuffie, that thieving bitch.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 04:00:28 AM by L33Tg33k »

Chipper

• Rep: 14
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2015, 05:19:04 AM »
really caught me off guard. Just hope it's release date isn't holiday 2017.

Aleksi

• Rep: -4
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2015, 04:57:46 AM »
i hope they dont change that much of music, ff7 battle and boss themes still best of them all.

*edit* incase someone has forgotten, i often stalled minor fights just to hear that part that begins from 0:53

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 05:00:44 AM by Aleksi »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • definitely.
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2015, 08:34:04 AM »
If there is one think I think is safe it's the music.  Although it will be full orchestra or something.  You ever watch lonlonjp's FF7 videos?  I know, I'm a meganerd.

Aleksi

• Rep: -4
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2015, 11:19:42 AM »
never actually, but browsing his uploaded videos made me found some other mutual interests, that im not willing to confess

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal