Author Topic: The other shoes thread  (Read 53520 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
The other shoes thread
« on: June 16, 2015, 01:07:10 PM »
Well i was thinking about this thread for a while, why not make a thread to talk about other shoes that arent for skating. Running shoes, B-ball shoes, lifestyle shoes, whatever... I bet there are guys here that are truly sneakerheads and love all shoes like me.

Now i'm in love with these ones, Reebok fury lite triple black.

Afordable shoe, crazy light and confortable. I actually bought a pair for my lady in a floral print for her birthday. I really want some, triple black is always a easy win. 

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: The other shoes thread
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 01:13:40 PM »
Recommended sneakers for those who play Basketball often.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 02:15:35 PM »
for fishing and fight clubbing

cross training
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:18:42 PM by Firebert »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 05:23:47 PM »
i have so many shoes :'( main non skate ones on rotation at the moment are these though:

you can really tell that silas borrowed heavily from the zx line when he designed his first shoe (might post a straight comparison pic later).
other than that most of my shoes are skate shoes with a few pairs of boots mixed in in the winter.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

cletus the slack jawed yokel

• Rep: 7
  • big money big cars!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 11:16:22 PM »

comfy as fuck

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 03:25:15 AM »
i have so many shoes :'( main non skate ones on rotation at the moment are these though:

you can really tell that silas borrowed heavily from the zx line when he designed his first shoe (might post a straight comparison pic later).
other than that most of my shoes are skate shoes with a few pairs of boots mixed in in the winter.

Oh i love those zx710! I almost bought the white/green (OG colorway) pair for cheap the last year but they make my feet huge! A shame...

Silas first shoe was too ahead of its time, i wish i could find some to skate. The design was like a a mix of trail shoes and it was beautiful!

+

=

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 05:41:45 PM by Sk.A.T.A.N »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 03:50:25 AM »
I'm not rich, i'm a student living with parents money so i dont have many shoes like i want. Mainly i have skate shoes but now i'm trying to buy more chillers (sales are always a bless). Now my current one is the Free OG.

I love then in every way. Such a great shoe, my feet feel in heaven.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 05:32:11 AM »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 07:18:55 AM »
for fishing and fight clubbing

what happened to the "no shirt, no shoes" rule?

not mine, but this is pretty close to what they look like. i cant decide whether i like these or vans slips as my favorite shoe of all time.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 11:13:41 AM »

what happened to the "no shirt, no shoes" rule?

You take them off when it's your turn, you don't show up shoeless, foo

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 11:57:05 AM »
For Your Health

@thewilleasley

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 12:19:39 PM »
these roshe slips are so fuckin good. Just a really comfortable, lightweight shoe you can just slip on and go but still have all the support of a sneaker. Have worn these more than any other shoe I owe since I've gotten them. Im sure they feel exactly like the normal roshe's but the added convenience of that slip-on tho

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 12:27:30 PM »
these roshe slips are so fuckin good. Just a really comfortable, lightweight shoe you can just slip on and go but still have all the support of a sneaker. Have worn these more than any other shoe I owe since I've gotten them. Im sure they feel exactly like the normal roshe's but the added convenience of that slip-on tho

I'm getting a little tired of the roshe silhouette (see them everywhere) but those slip ons look great and really comfy.
Just out of curiosity, that circle in the "tongue" is for what? just aesthetics?

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

@thewilleasley

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 12:36:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm getting a little tired of the roshe silhouette (see them everywhere) but those slip ons look great and really comfy.
Just out of curiosity, that circle in the "tongue" is for what? just aesthetics?

yeah pretty much. they are a really dope shoe for just walking around, day-to-day stuff. extremely lightweight & breathable but that all phylon sole more than supports you. my one real complaint is that the tread is kinda soft & shallow. granted I've worn & walked around in these for hours upon hours but still...havent had any issues as far as a loss of traction or anything but the lifespan of the shoe will probably depend on how that sole holds up. Still, for $75 bucks, it's a great shoe that will get put to use if you own them. its a fucking steal if you get them on sale

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 12:59:53 PM »
I love sneakers too much. I'm big on running silhouettes right now, especially older ones. Loving the ZX series from adidas, almost all Nike Air Max models from the 90's (and the new AM zeros), flyknit trainers are dope...ugh. I want them all. Moving away from basketball shoes/jordans and now I feel dumb for spending money on them. I realized the only Jordans I really like are 1s, 3s, 4s, and 11s. Mostly 1s though.

Side note, if anyone wears a size 12 and wants some Jordans, PM me. I'm selling what I have left for pretty cheap.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

OldManSkate

• Rep: -3
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 01:05:13 PM »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 01:30:17 PM »
I love sneakers too much. I'm big on running silhouettes right now, especially older ones. Loving the ZX series from adidas, almost all Nike Air Max models from the 90's (and the new AM zeros), flyknit trainers are dope...ugh. I want them all. Moving away from basketball shoes/jordans and now I feel dumb for spending money on them. I realized the only Jordans I really like are 1s, 3s, 4s, and 11s. Mostly 1s though.

Side note, if anyone wears a size 12 and wants some Jordans, PM me. I'm selling what I have left for pretty cheap.

I guess we have the same problem! I dont have any jordans tho ahahah...

I love air maxes, all the models till the 95's... My favourites are the 93's! That sock booty (whatever its called) and the reminiscent huarache design is killer. I'm a full fan of Frees now but my favourites are the OG's or the 2's. The nike free trail is awesome too, i think @Tuque has a pair, beautiful shoe.

Adidas has some nice designs too. Some tubulars look good but i'm getting really tired of the zx flux thing, i see them in every person here... The classics are always great tho. My girl has some Racer Lites and they look great (I'm trying to get her in the game ahahah).

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

@thewilleasley

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 01:46:14 PM »
^ word I've been liking a lot of the newer adidas shit lately. those tubulars look dope. I WOULD fuck with those Yeezy Boost Low's if they weren't stupidly overpriced and hard to find.

but I feel you on that overbuying shit tho internet daddy. I'm fond of my jordans but I am kinda salty for OD'ing during my skytop 3 phase. The pairs I've skated and the red/black colorway i have were all solid purchases, but the other 3-4 pairs I copped make me in retrospect. also copped like 4 pairs of the SW1's on sale way back too, but nowadays I only wear the grey pair. . Like with sneakers I'm more picky because usually they cost more and aren't on sale as much, but with skate shoes theres always so many crazy deals on the web, you get caught in that "its too good not pass up" mode acting like you saving money when you probably wouldn't even get the shit if it weren't on sale in the first place, lol.

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 04:03:18 PM »
http://instagram.com/p/3O4uMxRqum/

dis my current roto. really into the rise of lux classic silhouettes
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 04:06:10 PM by Still Tippin »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 05:27:56 PM »
Oh i love those zx710! I almost bought the white/green (OG colorway) pair for cheap the last year but they make my feet huge! A shame...

Silas first shoe was too ahead of its time, i wish i could find some to skate. The design was like a a mix of trail shoes and it was beautiful!

you sir, have good taste in shoes ;) they (the zx710s) make your feet feel a little big, but really if you wore tech shoes in the late 90's, you could easily wear these.
I actually have a pair of of silas' in that exact colour that I only bring out for special occasions. the quality/ design is top notch and they are a dream to skate in. not sure why adidas didn't run with it for a few more seasons (or even rerelease it?), he would make bank off that shoe in 2015 :o

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 12:22:08 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Still Tippin

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2015, 12:43:15 PM »
tate, how's the sl loop racer?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2015, 01:15:46 PM »

Comfy as hell, it's actually second pair of them. Wore my first ones so much, I retired them.

Got them a month or so ago, still haven't worn them tho. Got a lot of other shoes I wear regularly.

Plus, they were $39 at Foot Locker. Some Adidas outlet's sell them for like $29,.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2015, 01:48:23 PM »
@Gay Imp Sausage Metal if adidas re-released them i think they would sell really good. They were too ahead of its time, now with de resurgence of tech shoes they would be a great option!

@Still Tippin and @Tate, you've got some great shoes in rotation!
Love the AM1 Ultra's and the Palace Adidas that you got Tippin.
And Tate i was with my eyes in some Sl loops lately too, they look great and fairly cheap!
Those flyknit 3's look pretty dope, better than the 2's IMO... The Pure Boosts look comfy as hell but the new Ultra boost is just killer (the 180 euros price tag not so much tho)!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2015, 02:34:56 PM »
http://theridechannel.com/news/2015/06/nick-tershay-ronnie-fieg-interview?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ridesocial

I'm not a Diamond sucker but what he says is kinda true and the Gel Lytes V is my favourite silhouette from Asics!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2015, 03:23:29 PM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2015, 09:12:14 PM »
@Gay Imp Sausage Metal if adidas re-released them i think they would sell really good. They were too ahead of its time, now with de resurgence of tech shoes they would be a great option!

@Still Tippin and @Tate, you've got some great shoes in rotation!
Love the AM1 Ultra's and the Palace Adidas that you got Tippin.
And Tate i was with my eyes in some Sl loops lately too, they look great and fairly cheap!
Those flyknit 3's look pretty dope, better than the 2's IMO... The Pure Boosts look comfy as hell but the new Ultra boost is just killer (the 180 euros price tag not so much tho)!

Yeah, I think they're $160-$180. OF course can find cheaper from online sites.

Check these sites, they ALWAYS have deals on most brands.

kicksdeals.com

sneakersteal.com

Still Tippin

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2015, 10:04:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Comfy as hell, it's actually second pair of them. Wore my first ones so much, I retired them.

Got them a month or so ago, still haven't worn them tho. Got a lot of other shoes I wear regularly.

Plus, they were $39 at Foot Locker. Some Adidas outlet's sell them for like $29,.
good to know, i really wanna get one of the recent releases that have that weird texture/color that changes with wear, hopefully i can get those on sale soon.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2015, 10:20:42 PM »
My favorite Asics and my favorite sliders.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2015, 02:11:07 AM »
My favorite Asics and my favorite sliders.

Those Gel Sights!!!  :o

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP