Author Topic: #stopyulin2015  (Read 7085 times)

nath.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
#stopyulin2015
« on: June 17, 2015, 12:22:51 AM »
On June 21st, thousands of dogs will be beaten and tortured prior to be killed at the yulin dog meat festival in China. Please sign the petition to try to help stop this festival
#stopyulin2015

www.change.org/p/mr-chen-wu-yulin-governor-please-shut-down-the-yulin-dog-meat-festival-in-guangxi-china

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
Re: #stopyulin2015
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 08:32:47 AM »
watching those dog / cat / racoon vids . Shits horrible

China has always been pretty shitty in their treatment of animals , from poaching to skinning animals alive

If I saw this shit and had a gun ...

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 08:51:45 AM »
umm wow obviously that sucks, but how do you think the cows that go into making your fav skate shoe or processed meat product get treated..?  ::)

shark tits

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 08:55:26 AM »
umm wow obviously that sucks, but how do you think the cows that go into making your fav skate shoe or processed meat product get treated..?  ::)
for reals. i'm glad china isn't afraid to treat dogs the way we treat cows, pigs and chickens. equal treatment for all animals and if that doesn't translate to animal rights, at least it's fair.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 09:42:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
for reals. i'm glad china isn't afraid to treat dogs the way we treat cows, pigs and chickens. equal treatment for all animals and if that doesn't translate to animal rights, at least it's fair.

I would say alot of farms and slaughter houses do not treat their animals like this . I would almost bold enough to say that 90% of farms do not treat their animals like this . They would be shut down or get heavily fined

Im not against killing animals for food or product but I like to know they were treated as good as possible . I know some fuckery goes down in the west but its not on the scale as the chinese

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 09:58:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I would say alot of farms and slaughter houses do not treat their animals like this . I would almost bold enough to say that 90% of farms do not treat their animals like this . They would be shut down or get heavily fined

Im not against killing animals for food or product but I like to know they were treated as good as possible . I know some fuckery goes down in the west but its not on the scale as the chinese

We have foie gras and veal. yea the festival looks bad, but factory farming operations in China and the US i dont think are too far off, with an emphasis profit and efficiency as the main factors for farming procedures, neither pay the workers to hurt the animals "excessively" as taking time out to mistreat specific animals would just slow things down, but if it happens in either country i dont think anyone involved is too concerned. Cargill(big meat) has powerful friends their profits dictate policy on this shit, not animal welfare. Also in China many people still live in the countryside so a lot of meat is still a mom and pop operation, which is pretty hard to generalize about.

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 10:38:00 AM »

You're not immune from moral condemnation because a hypocrite morally condemns you.

If X is wrong (so shouldn't be done), it's still wrong (so shouldn't be done) even if pointed out by someone who does or promotes X.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 11:06:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You're not immune from moral condemnation because a hypocrite morally condemns you.

If X is wrong (so shouldn't be done), it's still wrong (so shouldn't be done) even if pointed out by someone who does or promotes X.

I get that, but what this will equate to is a bunch people posting on twitter with that hashtag to say it is wrong, which really will have no tangible outcome in a country that does not have the same values regarding dogs raised for meat(these aren't pets), to them its just animals raised to be eaten like cows or chickens, it doesnt make sense to try convince them otherwise when your doing the same thing. So it's kind of all or nothing IMO, like being iced out in conflict diamonds while tweeting about kony2012
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:08:24 AM by perverted super otaku! »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 11:36:25 AM »
Kudos for being all about animal rights. I love animals too. Unfortunately I don't think China gives a shit about anyone's petitions.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 11:51:10 AM »
Theres a difference between animals you have as pets and animals you have as livestock. I dont care what animal rights you are spouting but whatever way you look at it, it is way worse to eat dogs. Cows are raised to be killed, you dont have them as pets.

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 12:07:06 PM »
Theres a difference between animals you have as pets and animals you have as livestock. I dont care what animal rights you are spouting but whatever way you look at it, it is way worse to eat dogs. Cows are raised to be killed, you dont have them as pets.

You have it backwards. In your reasoning, cows are treated like they don't have moral status, so they don't.
But morality guides/prescribes behavior, it doesn't follow from it.

Moral status is due to being subject to pain/harm. And since animals are subject to pain/harm, they have moral status.
So whether they're pet or livestock, they have moral status.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 12:11:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You have it backwards. In your reasoning, cows are treated like they don't have moral status, so they don't.
But morality guides/prescribes behavior, it doesn't follow from it.

Moral status is due to being subject to pain/harm. And since animals are subject to pain/harm, they have moral status.
So whether they're pet or livestock, they have moral status.
Yep, in parts of Asia dogs are livestock. Guinea pigs are a traditional food in the Andes region of South America, is that wrong too? horse eating Euro's?

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 12:11:32 PM »

Cats and Dogs are raised as pets in the West , We kill cows in the west but in India they are holy , and in China they treat cats and dogs like shit . You cant compare it like that

Social Network is totaly fucked now , its almost worse then doing nothing , people anonymously complaining on twitter and so on , with no effort , making threats and demanding things , people to get fired and so on . �

I remember when they landed the asteroid and instead of 100% happiness we had to deal with feminists complaining about the dudes shirt , forcing him into a apology where he was in tears . �That Kony thing was so bullshit aswell . Liking something on Facebook is worse then doing nothing , cause people actually think they are doing something

If you guys want Ill try to find some vids about the cats and dogs in china , Now theres chocking vids coming out of USA all the time , but even then I think USA treats animals better then china . I think Europe is years ahead when it comes to treating animals but it can still get better and I believe it will be better

The whole hunting thing is quite BS too , People leave threats or mean tweets towards hunters who kill in fair chase situations , then they go to McD or buger king and eat meat who got treated much worse then the deer and other animals who have lived free

Anyways , these guys are scum , And tbh I care more about these dogs dying then these guys who do it

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 01:08:57 PM »
cows have soulful eyes too but fuck em

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 01:09:20 PM »
id try a deep fried corgi leg

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 01:11:30 PM »
jalapeno poodle nose poppers

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 02:25:20 PM »
BBQ baby foot

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 04:06:25 PM »
I watched one of the Faces of Death flicks as a kid and had no problem seeing people "take an L", but as soon as I saw the Koreans cutting up live St. Bernard puppies to put in a stew I lost my shit.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 05:08:09 PM »
I like dogs way more than I like Chinese people
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 05:16:40 PM »
bunch of people that claim to care about animals when they actually don't ::)
LOL @ "it's worse to eat dogs" ... how's that cognitive dissonance working out for ya?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 05:39:45 PM »
If anyone is interested in a more realistic portrayal of the festival vice did a piece on last year's www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfaZeIxHFUM'

nath.

• Rep: 17
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2015, 08:01:45 AM »
umm wow obviously that sucks, but how do you think the cows that go into making your fav skate shoe or processed meat product get treated..?  ::)

good thing i wear canvas shoes and dont eat meat

im not up for killing animals for meat, humans can survive without eating meat, im proof, theres so much food that taste like meat that isnt even meat and ive eaten meat, i gave up meat because of the doco called Earthlings, shit put me off meat, not the taste, i loved the taste, but the process of what happends made me feel like such a piece of shit human, killing an animal and shitting it out into ur toilet 12 hours later is such a waste of a life, but at the end of the day if your going to kill animals dont tourture them and beat them to death or cook them alive or skin them alive, shit is fucked, P.S i hate plants so i eat them
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 08:04:44 AM by nath. »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2015, 12:50:50 PM »
I watched one of the Faces of Death flicks as a kid and had no problem seeing people "take an L"

i laughed way too hard at this.

OldmanEpic

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2015, 04:33:07 PM »
I love dogs. I love hunting.

If people hunted more they would respect animals more.

China has its own culture however. Who am I to tell them what is right or wrong?

Shit maybe they'd hate me for shooting deer and moose? Im not sure?

I love animals but I do eat many of them. But I do treat the animals and nature with respect. Its just a personal thing though.

I will say if I was starving I sure as fuck would eat a dog if I needed too

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2015, 07:46:49 PM »
Who am I to tell them what is right or wrong?

Horrendous cruelty towards sentient beings makes for easy moral evaluations.

OldmanEpic

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2015, 08:49:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Who am I to tell them what is right or wrong?

[close]

Horrendous cruelty towards sentient beings makes for easy moral evaluations.

So where is your petition to stop wars?

Are dogs more important then humans?

I shoot a deer in the heart, put it down quick and clean. But eventually you miss and have to track the deer, hours on end to end its life.

Is that really any different then gaffing a dog in the head? Or boiling it?

Have you ever eaten a fuckin lobster???

Nature is nature its all the same, only difference is really just perspective.

Same happens with humans to, shit sucks but its true.

One cancer patient dies from excrutiating chemo

The other goes to sleep on a morphine drip

Im not denying it sucks to hear about these dogs being treated this way. But its their culture. Are you better then them?

Fuck no, your one in the same. Welcome to life on planet earth. Fuckin enjoy it.

Let your heart bleed when its your time to go, not while your in this body

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 323
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2015, 09:21:41 PM »
Expand Quote
umm wow obviously that sucks, but how do you think the cows that go into making your fav skate shoe or processed meat product get treated..?  ::)
[close]

good thing i wear canvas shoes and dont eat meat

im not up for killing animals for meat, humans can survive without eating meat, im proof, theres so much food that taste like meat that isnt even meat and ive eaten meat, i gave up meat because of the doco called Earthlings, shit put me off meat, not the taste, i loved the taste, but the process of what happends made me feel like such a piece of shit human, killing an animal and shitting it out into ur toilet 12 hours later is such a waste of a life, but at the end of the day if your going to kill animals dont tourture them and beat them to death or cook them alive or skin them alive, shit is fucked, P.S i hate plants so i eat them

Don't forget you have canine teeth. When the world takes a shit 12 hours later and you're back in nature... well, we can still get down on portulaca, brassicas and hesperoyucca but you'll most likely end up eating squirrels and bugs.

I really suggest you try out foraging for you food a bit. It will open your eyes to how beautiful the earth can be and how the circle of life supports you gracefully, animals included.

Or just say fuck it and go fuck the earth a little bit more by buying more and more of your food.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2015, 09:22:39 PM »
Some Norwegian just wrote a pretty good piece about what you guys are arguing; Would you rather be ethically and inconsistent (in some cases you care about) or consistently indifferent (ie not caring about anything)?

OldmanEpic

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2015, 09:43:12 PM »
^^^

I like that post

We hunt and forage in many ways. These days I live in the bush so its pretty awesome in the nature regard.

We dont buy salad, we use nettle and dandelion from the yard/bush. I find all sorts of gems in nature. Even wild rhubarb and mint.

We teach our kids too. They can hunt and snare, fish, fillet etc. They drink alot of homemade teas which is awesome.

All in all maybe thats where my appreesh for nature comes from?

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2015, 10:16:38 PM »

Are dogs more important then humans?

Sometimes. In choosing dogs to compete in professional dog racing, dogs are more important than humans, since they have more of what makes for importance: Run fast and be a dog.

Morally, this festival is wrong, if the goods that come from the festival (to economy, community, individuals - especially the sadistic) are outweighed the harms that make it wrong.

Imagine what it would be like for the 2 year olds, if this festival was done to 2 year old humans.

The harm/pain of the 2 years olds is part of the reason that a festival for 2 year olds is wrong.
That is, the goods that come from the festival are not worth the horrific experience of 2 year olds.

Dogs have comparable cognitive abilities as 2 year olds, so comparable horror.

So, if wrong to do to 2 year olds, then wrong to do to dogs, since what makes it wrong to do to 2 year olds, dogs have too.

Im not denying it sucks to hear about these dogs being treated this way. But its their culture. Are you better then them?

Fuck no, your one in the same. Welcome to life on planet earth. Fuckin enjoy it.

Let me guess, you're an active member in NAMBLA, you disgusting fuck