Author Topic: #stopyulin2015  (Read 7084 times)

kingoflights

Re: #stopyulin2015
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2015, 10:29:06 PM »

OldmanEpic

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2015, 10:47:39 PM »
No not at all. Ņambla is fucked

Im speaking more towards nature. We are all apart of it.

Societies, culture or whatever all effect our perceptions on our moral compass.

Im saying what they deem fit, in north america is disputed.

Its obviously a complicated issue to understand.

I cant believe you postured me with Nambla

That really sucks man. I have 3 dogs and 6 kids. My moral compass says feed them good, educate, have fun, teach some life skills and just enjoy.

Fuck I would never hurt my kids.

Id die gracefully before i ever did them harm. Thats my role as a parent

But in africa or china or whatever, who the fuck knows what goes on?

Look at our own shit in north america. Its fuckin disgusting. Homeless veterans, kids with fucked up cancers, honest people loosing homes.

Fuck, i mean i wanna fight for humanity and nature, but it starts at home. Im worried about here, my family, my country first.

Fuckin peta and nambla make me wanna barf

cletus the slack jawed yokel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
  • big money big cars!
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2015, 10:56:00 PM »
No not at all. Ņambla is fucked

That really sucks man. I have 3 dogs and 6 kids. My moral compass says feed them good, educate, have fun, teach some life skills and just enjoy.

Look at our own shit in north america. Its fuckin disgusting. Homeless veterans, kids with fucked up cancers, honest people loosing homes.

Fuck, i mean i wanna fight for humanity and nature, but it starts at home. Im worried about here, my family, my country first.

HEY DUDE , FUCK YOU !

OldmanEpic

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2015, 11:14:46 PM »
Expand Quote
No not at all. �ambla is fucked

[close]

HEY DUDE , FUCK YOU !

Whatever.

Sad to see shit like this

OldmanEpic

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2015, 11:25:28 PM »
Im a proud parent, and a proud dog owner.

Do i like that china is killing dogs? No absolutely not

But thats their culture. Can i change it? Probably not but I can push for nature, and that includes humans.

Everything natural on this earth deserves respect. But its complicated.

4 years ago our boxer died, she was poisened with what the vet thinks was antifreeze. To us it was heartbreaking. She was such a great dog.

I let me kids pick her spot to lay to rest. It was about 100 yards from where we fish alot. We visited her a few times that winter.

I explained to my kids how she would live on, in other ways.

In the spring we went to see her. Small rodents had picked her clean. We all shared a good cry.

As spring went on, we visited and she was surrounded by tiger lillies, my wifes favourite flower. The kids really liked that.

About a week later we found out we were pregnant. The name came up really quick

Lily

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2015, 11:35:18 PM »

Cut a little close to the boner?

OldmanEpic

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2015, 11:43:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I hope you and your family are well.

Enjoy your salad

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2015, 12:13:54 AM »
If people hunted more they would respect animals more.

so your shot from dozens, maybe hundred of feet away with a rifle/bow is somehow respectful in the sense that it was a fair fight? I mean, did you learn to respect a grizzly bear by engaging him in a one on one fight? I really hope you never decide to respect other human beings, seeing as that would mean they would get shot

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2015, 12:33:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I hope you and your family are well.

Enjoy your salad

Your high road is like everything else about you, dumb.

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2015, 01:52:10 AM »
Im a proud parent, and a proud dog owner.

Do i like that china is killing dogs? No absolutely not

But thats their culture. Can i change it? Probably not but I can push for nature, and that includes humans.

Everything natural on this earth deserves respect. But its complicated.

4 years ago our boxer died, she was poisened with what the vet thinks was antifreeze. To us it was heartbreaking. She was such a great dog.

I let me kids pick her spot to lay to rest. It was about 100 yards from where we fish alot. We visited her a few times that winter.

I explained to my kids how she would live on, in other ways.

In the spring we went to see her. Small rodents had picked her clean. We all shared a good cry.

As spring went on, we visited and she was surrounded by tiger lillies, my wifes favourite flower. The kids really liked that.

About a week later we found out we were pregnant. The name came up really quick

Lily

Since you're so in touch with nature maybe you should turn off your internet as well.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2015, 05:46:50 AM »
I like turtles.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2015, 06:12:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

so your shot from dozens, maybe hundred of feet away with a rifle/bow is somehow respectful in the sense that it was a fair fight? I mean, did you learn to respect a grizzly bear by engaging him in a one on one fight? I really hope you never decide to respect other human beings, seeing as that would mean they would get shot

A animal who has lived his whole life in freedom , without antibiotics , without humans , in nature . Is better then the system we have now

People who go to the store and can buy fish / meat just out of the meat fridge , packed up , know very little of what its all about . I have friends who dont even like to clean the meat since they think its gross

Its alot different when you actual have to cut the head of the duck or chicken , clean it , hang it , cook it . Or treck miles up into the mountains / forests and wait hours / or track animals and then kill it , clean it and so on . Theres a bigger connection to the animal and the food

You have people who the super market and buys tons of meat and then complain about somebody shooting deer .

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2015, 06:17:10 AM »
Change.org is a joke, if you have a problem with a chinese dude killing dogs, go say it to his face.  All these fuckin petitions....worthless.  Join an organization or donate money to people who will use it.  

Say what you want about PETA but they've done a lot more for animal welfare than you have by eating dandelions with your kids.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2015, 06:20:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

A animal who has lived his whole life in freedom , without antibiotics , without humans , in nature . Is better then the system we have now

People who go to the store and can buy fish / meat just out of the meat fridge , packed up , know very little of what its all about . I have friends who dont even like to clean the meat since they think its gross

Its alot different when you actual have to cut the head of the duck or chicken , clean it , hang it , cook it . Or treck miles up into the mountains / forests and wait hours / or track animals and then kill it , clean it and so on . Theres a bigger connection to the animal and the food

You have people who the super market and buys tons of meat and then complain about somebody shooting deer .
Agree^ Ive sometimes wondered how many people would eat meat if they had to kill the animal themselves, even just once. I also find it trippy talkin to people who have visited slaughter houses say, "yea i couldnt eat meat for like a week after" like wtf changes after a week, it baffling

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2015, 06:38:58 AM »

That is not practical on any level.  Grassfed beef is plenty humane.  We don't need to (and couldn't if we tried) revert back to primitive ages where everyone was agrarian.  Maybe take 16 year old's to the a farm or food processing plant for a field trip or something, but let's not get mental here.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2015, 06:51:21 AM »
Also it's important not to generalize and think of this festival as quintessentially, "Chinese". It's a local tradition in an area of Guanxi province(China's far south bordering Vietnam). It's fucked up how the sensationalist media is portraying this, and is probably leading many dumb people in to demonizing and drawing conclusions on all Chinese people, it's irresponsible. This shit even could have been spear headed by a government agency to build up negative sentiments(yea i know, but it would not be the 1st time by any means). From what I understand the dogs get treated like any livestock animal China(and the most of the world) cramped conditions, rough handling and violence, have you seen the conditions your chickens and eggs come from? If anything it's worse as they are cooped up like that their whole lives, not just for transportation and sale. Same shit happened last year with Faroe Islanders getting demonized for their traditional whale hunt.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2015, 07:04:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That is not practical on any level.  Grassfed beef is plenty humane.  We don't need to (and couldn't if we tried) revert back to primitive ages where everyone was agrarian.  Maybe take 16 year old's to the a farm or food processing plant for a field trip or something, but let's not get mental here.

Im not saying we should go back to those ways , having cows in a nice fenced area where they can eat and play and have somewhat of a life ,  same with chickens and so on . Happy smiling and so on . Is fine by me

Ive worked as a chef for almost 10 years and killed / cooked plenty of animals , Belive me it makes a difference in the meat / bird / fish when its had a good life and hanged for the right amount of time

But people are attached from killing , and dont want to deal with it .

OldmanEpic

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2015, 07:46:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My respect is for nature, that includes people.

Shooting wild game will teach a person alot about nature, and your harvest is the reward. Its a lot of hard work to stay in the forest/swamp for days on end in the freezing cold to shoot a moose 7 miles into the swamp and forest and get a huge animal out.

Get it gutted, drawn and quartered etc. Alot of work goes into it.

If you dont hunt or forage thats cool with me too. I like to know where my food comes from if possible

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2015, 08:02:14 AM »
Some Norwegian just wrote a pretty good piece about what you guys are arguing; Would you rather be ethically and inconsistent (in some cases you care about) or consistently indifferent (ie not caring about anything)?

This is a wonderful quote and a great question (and an easy one in my eyes). 

For some reason, in the case of animal rights, people are more than eager to jump on the "you care about ___ but you don't care about ___??" train of thought.  I never really see this in any 'human' related causes: 'you care about breast cancer but not the russian sex slave trade'??  HYPOCRITE.

Trust me I get the logic.  Being a veg/animal rights guy myself, I often get annoyed when there's outrage over the treatment of the "cute" animals yet ignore the treatment of the "livestock" ones. 

Regardless, any movement to speak up in the defense of the voiceless and helpless is pretty hard to criticize in my eyes.  To just sit there with your arms folded and point out hypocrisy (while doing nothing) is lame.  And often the focus on these things (like Yulin) will open peoples eyes to the treatment of other animals and make changes in themselves.

I agree that humans are way to detached from where their food comes from and how it's processed.  If we were all forced to watch those horrific slaughterhouse videos in school things would be a lot different.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2015, 08:21:20 AM »
"Regardless, any movement to speak up in the defense of the voiceless and helpless is pretty hard to criticize in my eyes."

Can't you see how incredibly arrogant it is to try to tell another culture what animal to eat?, if anything it just creates a bigger divide between cultures/nations, how could it ever be taken seriously by the people whose culture is being questioned? Until people come up with a legitimate argument stating why it's more wrong to eat dogs than other animals, it's the same as any other animal raised for livestock and if you participate in that you can't take a moral stance against it. It's the same thing
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 08:25:52 AM by perverted super otaku! »

Tay

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2015, 08:40:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My first job was working on a farm, which also slaughtered animals. Every Wednesday and Thursday I'd be emptying cow stomachs and wrestling their hides and guts into large forest green barrels. A compressed air powered "stun bolt" was used on most animals. They mostly died a quick and painless death. We also processed deer brought in by local rednecks. Noticeable signs of struggle were apparent on a large amount of deer. We had one customer with a doe who had a botched slit in her neck which missed her main artery. She was alive for hours in the back of a pick up truck in pain, unbeknownst to the hunter.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2015, 08:49:28 AM »
"Regardless, any movement to speak up in the defense of the voiceless and helpless is pretty hard to criticize in my eyes."

Can't you see how incredibly arrogant it is to try to tell another culture what animal to eat?, if anything it just creates a bigger divide between cultures/nations, how could it ever be taken seriously by the people whose culture is being questioned? Until people come up with a legitimate argument stating why it's more wrong to eat dogs than other animals, it's the same as any other animal raised for livestock and if you participate in that you can't take a moral stance against it. It's the same thing

Well see I agree with you, i understand both sides of it.

I think it's arrogant for Americans to criticize the Chinese for slaughter of dogs/cats all the while slaughtering pigs and cows not just for food but for shoes to match their purse.  You can't argue with that logic at all, it's hypocrisy and arrogance at it's finest.

I DON'T think it is more wrong to eat a dog than any other animal, they are all equally wrong.  I'm anti-Yulin as much as I'm anti-slaughterhouse and so forth.  I realize it's their culture but I don't respect it at the expense of life.  What I think is arrogant is for humans to put more value on human life than animal life.  Holy shit I've become Morrissey.

What you are saying is basically validating the vegetarian/vegan argument, so we agree from different sides I guess.

OldmanEpic

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2015, 09:48:59 AM »
Pretty weird how shit like this riles people up.

I bet if we all had a skateboard in hand we'd have a blast skating together

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2015, 10:06:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think it's arrogant for Americans to criticize the Chinese for slaughter of dogs/cats all the while slaughtering pigs and cows not just for food but for shoes to match their purse.  You can't argue with that logic at all, it's hypocrisy and arrogance at it's finest.

I DON'T think it is more wrong to eat a dog than any other animal, they are all equally wrong.  I'm anti-Yulin as much as I'm anti-slaughterhouse and so forth.  I realize it's their culture but I don't respect it at the expense of life.  What I think is arrogant is for humans to put more value on human life than animal life.  Holy shit I've become Morrissey.

What you are saying is basically validating the vegetarian/vegan argument, so we agree from different sides I guess.

Im vegan also! I don't like any kind of violence. I'm also very against creating dehumanizing demonic caricatures of other cultures for mass consumption, as this opens the door to the worst acts humanity has to offer: slavery, genocide, war etc.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2015, 10:18:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Im vegan also! I don't like any kind of violence. I'm also very against creating dehumanizing demonic caricatures of other cultures for mass consumption, as this opens the door to the worst acts humanity has to offer: slavery, genocide, war etc.

dammnit so we are on the same side??  what kind of argument is this???

i completely agree with you.  anytime someone (usually a non-vegan) talks about how horrible yulin is I'm quick to point out it's their culture and ours is just as violent, with animals and with each other.

now you wanna talk about a part of asian culture i hate?? chopsticks.  fuck those things.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2015, 11:04:15 AM »
listen motherfucker, chopsticks improve cognitive functions and make you look really cultured around chicks.

OldmanEpic

« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2015, 11:07:32 AM »
listen motherfucker, chopsticks improve cognitive functions and make you look really cultured around chicks.

Bringing home a moose is the northern equivalent

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2015, 11:07:50 AM »
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

OldmanEpic

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2015, 11:55:05 AM »
Nice to see some people have a brain thats functional

I get blasted then half the things said after that totally support my approach.

Maybe I worded it wrong?

Or im just abudabi for the week???
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 12:21:31 PM by OldManEpic »

foureyedjim

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2015, 12:14:17 PM »