Author Topic: #stopyulin2015  (Read 7080 times)

Monty Burns

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
Re: #stopyulin2015
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2015, 04:04:06 PM »
Even though Im in favor of killing and eating animals I do belive we need to set a mark on what we can eat

Animals like dolphins , killer wales , orangutangs , chimps , gorillas are highly inteligent and show alot of emotion / feelings

on a personal level I would lump in cats and dogs in there .

Tay

« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2015, 06:52:28 PM »
Even though Im in favor of killing and eating animals I do belive we need to set a mark on what we can eat

Animals like dolphins , killer wales , orangutangs , chimps , gorillas are highly inteligent and show alot of emotion / feelings

From personal experience, I'd say free range pigs and goats are smarter than dogs. Goats are highly curious little monsters.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2015, 09:00:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

From personal experience, I'd say free range pigs and goats are smarter than dogs. Goats are highly curious little monsters.

Cows are also highly intelligent animals as well.  

That's what's frustrating; we only think of certain animals as "worthy" in how they relate to or benefit us, as humans.  Their intelligence is judged by our measure of intelligence, as if that's the only one that matters on this planet.  

Pigs and Goats are amazing, they are both on my 'future pet bucket list'.  
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 06:28:23 AM by bea! »

nath.

• Rep: 17
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2015, 10:02:46 PM »

all animals have feelings, they all show it, no animal has less feelings then another, look at Elephants that Elephant that was chained up for its whole life and it cryed actual tears when it was freed

PsychOut

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2015, 10:12:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
umm wow obviously that sucks, but how do you think the cows that go into making your fav skate shoe or processed meat product get treated..?  ::)
[close]

good thing i wear canvas shoes and dont eat meat

im not up for killing animals for meat, humans can survive without eating meat, im proof, theres so much food that taste like meat that isnt even meat and ive eaten meat, i gave up meat because of the doco called Earthlings, shit put me off meat, not the taste, i loved the taste, but the process of what happends made me feel like such a piece of shit human, killing an animal and shitting it out into ur toilet 12 hours later is such a waste of a life, but at the end of the day if your going to kill animals dont tourture them and beat them to death or cook them alive or skin them alive, shit is fucked, P.S i hate plants so i eat them
[close]

Don't forget you have canine teeth. When the world takes a shit 12 hours later and you're back in nature... well, we can still get down on portulaca, brassicas and hesperoyucca but you'll most likely end up eating squirrels and bugs.

I really suggest you try out foraging for you food a bit. It will open your eyes to how beautiful the earth can be and how the circle of life supports you gracefully, animals included.

Or just say fuck it and go fuck the earth a little bit more by buying more and more of your food.

the circle of life does not exist, id love to see a sheep eating a cow

also as a meat eater, its common fact that eating meat and the houses course more polution and damage to the world then a plant based way of living, eating vegetables is healthier for humans then meat, if your sick vegetables have a better chance of getting you better alot quicker then eating a steak, plants need water to live, animals need plants and water, especially farmed aniamls
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 10:15:02 PM by PsychOut »

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2015, 10:15:53 PM »
The difference is dogs and cats have souls. All the western meats are 100% soulless and therefor okay to eat.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2015, 10:18:04 PM »

If people hunted more they would respect animals more

That's why I hunt humans to tell you the truth, people think it's brutal and all but hey, I'm just trying to respect my fellow man ;D

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

nath.

• Rep: 17
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2015, 10:18:41 PM »
The difference is dogs and cats have souls. All the western meats are 100% soulless and therefor okay to eat.

they must be born in the same lab as shane oneill then  ;)

EDIT* Made in the same lab*

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2015, 10:43:42 PM »

I personally am just against eating any animal that is endangered. other than that if its farmed i personally see nothing wrong with it.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

dillanharp

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2015, 11:27:09 PM »
No we don't have to eat meat, but it's been part of our diet from the beginning. I like it, I'm not going to stop eating it. I mean have you guys ever had carne asada?

As far as eating dog goes, poverty and hunger will make you eat some questionable things. Those things can become norms. The potato was only considered edible within the last 200 years or so...

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2015, 03:48:45 AM »
No we don't have to eat meat, but it's been part of our diet from the beginning. I like it, I'm not going to stop eating it. I mean have you guys ever had carne asada?

As far as eating dog goes, poverty and hunger will make you eat some questionable things. Those things can become norms. The potato was only considered edible within the last 200 years or so...

It is considered a delicacy and the meat is the most expensive on the market. I'm vegetarian, part vegan, so this really disgust me.

Some dogs are bred to be eaten, but many are stolen from backyards - imagine your's disappearing like that.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peoplesdaily/article-3112430/Chinese-villagers-beat-dog-thieves-NINE-hours-tie-dead-animals-bodies-necks-attacking-police-officers-sent-rescue-crooks.html

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2015, 04:28:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It is considered a delicacy and the meat is the most expensive on the market. I'm vegetarian, part vegan, so this really disgust me.

Some dogs are bred to be eaten, but many are stolen from backyards - imagine your's disappearing like that.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peoplesdaily/article-3112430/Chinese-villagers-beat-dog-thieves-NINE-hours-tie-dead-animals-bodies-necks-attacking-police-officers-sent-rescue-crooks.html
It's my understanding that the Dailymail is a more subtle uk equivalent to the National Enquirer or similar trash tabloid, just sayin, grain of salt

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2015, 04:30:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
It's my understanding that the Dailymail is a more subtle uk equivalent to the National Enquirer or similar trash tabloid, just sayin, grain of salt

Yeah they are kind of a joke , its for people who just want sensation news that is not fact checked really . Still they report on alot of stuff

dillanharp

« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2015, 08:24:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I get that. Read the sentence after the one you highlighted.

sometimes a culture's norms and values don't line up with yours. good thing theres change.org to flex your guilt on to others.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:29:05 AM by Nallid »

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2015, 01:15:13 PM »
For some reason, in the case of animal rights, people are more than eager to jump on the "you care about ___ but you don't care about ___??" train of thought.  I never really see this in any 'human' related causes: 'you care about breast cancer but not the russian sex slave trade'??  HYPOCRITE.
This is pretty much the point of the article.
I'm not vegan or vegetarian, probably never will be, but I can still care for animals and animal rights. In the case of Yulin, I don't like the way that they treat their to-be food prior to eating it. There is ethical treatment of animals that you are going to eat and there is the straight up wrong treatment and Yulin is the last type. Just because I eat meat doesn't mean that I can't care about that. I might be a hypocrite in someones eyes but frankly I don't have any fucks to hand out.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2015, 01:24:22 PM »
Expand Quote
For some reason, in the case of animal rights, people are more than eager to jump on the "you care about ___ but you don't care about ___??" train of thought.  I never really see this in any 'human' related causes: 'you care about breast cancer but not the russian sex slave trade'??  HYPOCRITE.
[close]
I'm not vegan or vegetarian, probably never will be, but I can still care for animals and animal rights. In the case of Yulin, I don't like the way that they treat their to-be food prior to eating it. There is ethical treatment of animals that you are going to eat and there is the straight up wrong treatment and Yulin is the last type. Just because I eat meat doesn't mean that I can't care about that. I might be a hypocrite in someones eyes but frankly I don't have any fucks to hand out.
It doesn't mean you can't care, but if you are eating meat that has been treated in similar ways, you can't justifiably tell other people/cultures not to because of reasons based on your own personal feelings. There is a big difference between "caring" or feeling bad and trying to stop the festival and demonizing those who take part.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2015, 04:32:06 PM »
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

excitableboy

• Rep: 90
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2015, 05:36:35 PM »
It's interesting to think how, with time, humans may well view our dealings with animals as barbaric. Most all of us recognize dogs as having different characters, yet cows are somehow thought of generally as on par with potatoes in this respect. Is this what is meant by sublimation?

I eat meat occasionally, but never entirely without some inner conflict. I should quit, I really should.

A sentence like 'I am a proud dog owner' puzzles me. What does that even mean?

abudabi

« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2015, 05:41:02 PM »
you are proud to own a dog, meaning you enjoy dogs and are happy to take care of one.

excitableboy

• Rep: 90
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2015, 05:45:01 PM »
you are proud to own a dog, meaning you enjoy dogs and are happy to take care of one.
Touché. I guess.

abudabi

« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2015, 06:43:38 PM »
i have a problem with people who say they love dogs, or that they are a proud dog owner, and then treat their own dog like shit.
if you say youre a proud dog owner and you treat your dog well, that seems pretty coherent to me.

OldmanEpic

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2015, 07:07:25 PM »
Yip, dogs are fuckin awesome.

My huskies are good with the kids, great hunting and fishing dogs too.

Very protective over the family.

They are as hyper as fuck though and need tons of exercise and thus good quality food.

I guess to me proud dog owner means I love and take care of my dogs.

dillanharp

« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2015, 08:05:34 PM »
I just know that if I dropped dead and no one found me for a while, my cat would eventually start eating me, so I have no problem eating that motherfucker if worse comes to worst.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:36:35 PM by Nallid »

OldmanEpic

« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2015, 09:03:36 PM »
I just know that if I dropped dead and no one found me for a while, my cat would eventually start eating me, so I have no problem eating that motherfucker if worse comes to worst.

Nah man wont happen. Didnt you read above? Some ignoramus said the circle of life doesnt exist.

You cat wont eat you. It will file all necessary papers for a proper burial, then re decorate your house to suit its needs

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2015, 10:17:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
It doesn't mean you can't care, but if you are eating meat that has been treated in similar ways, you can't justifiably tell other people/cultures not to because of reasons based on your own personal feelings. There is a big difference between "caring" or feeling bad and trying to stop the festival and demonizing those who take part.
Here is the great thing about living the western world: I CAN TELL PEOPLE WHO EAT DOGS TO EAT A DICK AS WELL!!!!!!1!!!1
It just means that I'm a hypocrite if you think that eating dogs and eating (generic) meat is the same, nothing more, nothing less. And that's my right in whatever country I'm in right now. Your idea about how I should think doesn't change that.

Hell, I can eat an ethically slaughtered dog and still be against Yulin. Why? CAUSE ITS NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS WHAT MY THOUGHTS OR IDEAS ARE. It's really that simple. Hypocrite? Yes. Wrong? Fuck you. All of you.

abudabi

« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2015, 06:43:50 AM »
yes essal everyone is free to be illogical lol... normally not something to be proud of but i see youve pre emptively told me to fuck off, so, well played.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2015, 05:28:56 PM »
Here is the great thing about living the western world: I CAN TELL PEOPLE WHO EAT DOGS TO EAT A DICK AS WELL!!!!!!1!!!1
It just means that I'm a hypocrite if you think that eating dogs and eating (generic) meat is the same, nothing more, nothing less. And that's my right in whatever country I'm in right now. Your idea about how I should think doesn't change that.
Hell, I can eat an ethically slaughtered dog and still be against Yulin. Why? CAUSE ITS NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS WHAT MY THOUGHTS OR IDEAS ARE. It's really that simple. Hypocrite? Yes. Wrong? Fuck you. All of you.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2015, 06:54:34 PM »
And now we're angry about a lion being killed guys ::)

dillanharp

« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2015, 07:38:14 PM »
A few years ago there was this story about some hotel in Saudi I think serving lion meat tacos. This always around the time my buddy and I were getting really in to grilling and we got hyped on some lion meat. We found an "exotic" butcher in the city and hit them up. Apparently they weren't that "exotic." We got some rattlesnake though.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2015, 07:41:47 PM »
Apparently they weren't that "exotic."

pfffft NOOBS! Dolphin is where it's at though