Author Topic: Calgary  (Read 1341 times)

fur lined sea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 233
Calgary
« on: June 17, 2015, 01:20:40 AM »
Next week I'll be in Calgary. I'll be there for about a week, so I was wondering if there are any parks, shops, spots, etc that I should check out? The only thing I have planned so far is a trip to Banff.
Globes Opinion made me depressed for years.

police state

• Rep: 22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Calgary
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 03:59:35 PM »
check out @calgary_spot_check on instagram I don't live there but looks like there's tons of spots
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 04:57:07 PM »
Next week I'll be in Calgary. I'll be there for about a week, so I was wondering if there are any parks, shops, spots, etc that I should check out? The only thing I have planned so far is a trip to Banff.
spot check is good but kind of a tease, but they dont always post where the spot it. we have one big outdoor park, mills. https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Shaw+Millennium+Park/@51.046149,-114.090679,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x2d6726552989bfb1?sa=X&ei=4gaCVfC9EcjNoASVyoOgBA&ved=0CIIBEPwSMA0
weird park, built poorly. but its challenging.

westside rec centre is a privately owned free park, but you have to have a helmet.
http://www.westsiderec.com/what_we_offer/schedules/skatepark_alt/

the source is the biggest shop in the city, mission is good too but they closed their downtown location and run one just outside in kensington.

theres lots of spots. if you look at some from spot check ill do my best post an address.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 08:25:40 PM »
Chinatown has good spots, lots in the downtown core. Free tram runs north south and you'll see some fights along the way, Calgary is sketchy

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 08:50:35 PM »
Never skated there but worst city I ever played and second most boring city in Canada next to Ottawa.

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 10:41:17 PM »
Lol @bloody Matt. Calgary is fun, cruise the downtown core at night and you'll find some fun stuff. Go skate the towns surrounding Calgary like Airdrie, Cochrane and Okotoks (especially the first two have great parks, Airdrie has kinda odd locals). Mills downtown is fun and it's how you'll meet people that'll show you where to go. Also if you're looking to entertain yourself hit hip hop night at broken city or fly trap Friday's at HiFi. If you're heading that direction Banff has a super fun mini ramp, you can usually bring beers and a BBQ there cause it's secluded. Canmore park is also pretty fun on your way to Banff.

fur lined sea

• Rep: 233
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 06:46:17 AM »
Thank you all for the replies.

The spots look really fun. It looks like a lot of them wouldn't be a bust.

Lol @bloody Matt. Calgary is fun, cruise the downtown core at night and you'll find some fun stuff. Go skate the towns surrounding Calgary like Airdrie, Cochrane and Okotoks (especially the first two have great parks, Airdrie has kinda odd locals). Mills downtown is fun and it's how you'll meet people that'll show you where to go. Also if you're looking to entertain yourself hit hip hop night at broken city or fly trap Friday's at HiFi. If you're heading that direction Banff has a super fun mini ramp, you can usually bring beers and a BBQ there cause it's secluded. Canmore park is also pretty fun on your way to Banff.

When you say Mills Downtown do you mean Mills park? I'll probably hit it up in the afternoon on the day I arrive.

I'll definitely check out those towns on the way. Thanks.
Globes Opinion made me depressed for years.

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 12:38:55 PM »
I would highly recommend visiting Edmonton if you have time

In the summer it's rated as the #1 city in Canada

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 04:03:14 PM »
Thank you all for the replies.

The spots look really fun. It looks like a lot of them wouldn't be a bust.

Expand Quote
[close]

When you say Mills Downtown do you mean Mills park? I'll probably hit it up in the afternoon on the day I arrive.

I'll definitely check out those towns on the way. Thanks.

Yea Mills is Millennium skatepark, sorry so used to calling it that.

Tracer

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 05:48:27 PM »
Millennium blows all bmx kooks and choppy concrete

Badlands, mountains, Calgary is pretty dope

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 06:47:48 PM »
I would highly recommend visiting Edmonton if you have time

In the summer it's rated as the #1 city in Canada

do not do this.