Author Topic: SICKNESS: supreme kids/strobeck  (Read 33317 times)

stiflersmom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -14
Re: SICKNESS: supreme kids/strobeck
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2015, 11:46:16 AM »
dudes a parody of himself at this point, a lot of that skating was dope as fuck though, shame it's just ruined with that stupid style of filming. so over all this cool guy trend shit in skateboarding. you're all a bunch of unoriginal, corny as fuck sheep.

Tabletop

• Rep: -72
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2015, 11:57:11 AM »
dudes a parody of himself at this point, a lot of that skating was dope as fuck though, shame it's just ruined with that stupid style of filming. so over all this cool guy trend shit in skateboarding. you're all a bunch of unoriginal, corny as fuck sheep.

getting really tired of bill's filming style. i dont want a slow motion close up of some dudes back muscles and ass or need a minute long intro clip of some hobo lady staring me in the face. this footage would've been sicker filmed by nick from lurknyc, for example.

Don't watch it then.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2015, 12:05:25 PM »
The first part was just horrible, thank god for the second part and Kevin Bradley.

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2015, 12:10:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
getting really tired of bill's filming style. i dont want a slow motion close up of some dudes back muscles and ass or need a minute long intro clip of some hobo lady staring me in the face. this footage would've been sicker filmed by nick from lurknyc, for example.
[close]

Don't watch it then.

lol damn my bad! did i offend you with my opinion

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 424
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2015, 12:39:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Don't watch it then.

Ok Bill.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1170
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2015, 12:49:13 PM »

hardly art, hardly starving

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3328
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2015, 01:02:33 PM »
Totally enjoyed it. I think kids may not accept new AriZona Iced Tea advertising style

I'm just stoked that I made it into a Supreme video. Never felt so swag befo'.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2015, 01:11:30 PM »

The roll-on 50-50 was done by Jaya Bonderov in 1998.

3:27
adrenalin 411vm industry 1998

Good eye. Looks like that bump/crack Jaya had to deal with on the landing has also been fixed since then. And Jaya dropped off the higher side.
I've actually been noticing this same sort of thing happening a lot lately. Maybe once an ABD reaches the 20 year mark, it resets and becomes NBD again? Or maybe these kids figure that if it was done before they started skating, or in some cases, before they were born, it's ok. Or maybe they just don't know. Or just don't care.

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2015, 01:13:55 PM »
best part was when ben k looked like a serial killer and switch lipped the curve rail at 3rd and Army.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2015, 01:39:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Good eye. Looks like that bump/crack Jaya had to deal with on the landing has also been fixed since then. And Jaya dropped off the higher side.
I've actually been noticing this same sort of thing happening a lot lately. Maybe once an ABD reaches the 20 year mark, it resets and becomes NBD again? Or maybe these kids figure that if it was done before they started skating, or in some cases, before they were born, it's ok. Or maybe they just don't know. Or just don't care.

I highly doubt he knew it was done. I'm a full-fledged skate media nerd and don't remember seeing that trick and also I'm older than the kid who did it. Sick vid overall, although it felt a little like a big advertisement for Supreme with slow mos of Supreme boxers infiltrating your mind. But then again it's from Supreme, so makes sense.

Irvine-Sucks.com

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2015, 01:50:59 PM »

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2015, 02:00:38 PM »
good skating but i miss old bill

you never seize to amaze me!

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2015, 02:19:04 PM »
switch lip was fucked

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2015, 02:34:01 PM »
nice use of bauhaus, thats a really hard song to use.

emb/sf footage was all really sick.

colin

« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2015, 02:35:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I highly doubt he knew it was done.

I don't know how a person wouldn't know someone skated there since there was bondo on the ledge after the rail, seems like a lot of people must've been there. But, it's like it's cool, like 'hey this is fun'

lalala

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2015, 02:41:10 PM »
Where is AVE going so fast

gripping the dick like a church girl giving her first hand job
head of the dick gonna be purple like my uncles face when he hung himself

ratherwatch

« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2015, 03:08:59 PM »
I think highly stylized editing in branded content is a given these days when so much of the skating is interchangeable. As to when going back to the same old tired places and tricks becomes homage/ re- interpretation, in house music what they found out was that because it had such a generational fall-off every four years or so, you didn't have to brand it as classic or try to pretend it was advancing the culture by pushing boundaries because the current of taste effectively has Alzheimer's. You can just walk in through the same door again and tell the same gag and your consuming public either don't know or don't care if it is sterile or derivative. That said, I do wonder if this was put out by the City Cutts or some other homie crew and not a crossover brand enjoying an(other) upscale NY/LON Fashion Moment whether it would merit as much or indeed any analysis. That is the genius of brand positioning.

Tabletop

• Rep: -72
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2015, 03:09:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Don't watch it then.

[close]

It's just a snooze to hear you whingeing about it.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2015, 03:39:27 PM »
That was fucking rad. I wanna go skate.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2015, 03:49:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Don't watch it then.

[close]
[close]

It's just a snooze to hear you whingeing about it.
you cant tell me that minute long slow-mo intro of nothing in a 5 minute clip was not a snooze

shark tits

« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2015, 03:56:48 PM »
AVE is going to a party in a tree so fast. now do you like his hat? yes, yes i like AVE's party hat.
GO! DOGS! GO!

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2015, 04:11:42 PM »
HERBO!!

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2015, 04:24:41 PM »
thank god for the second part and Kevin Bradley.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2015, 04:37:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I highly doubt he knew it was done.
[close]

I don't know how a person wouldn't know someone skated there since there was bondo on the ledge after the rail, seems like a lot of people must've been there. But, it's like it's cool, like 'hey this is fun'
My guess is they bondo'd it. There were some weird skate stoppers on the wall they must have removed as well. This is definitely not a spot people are sessioning on a regular basis.

And yeah, probably agree with the fact that they just don't know. It was a long time ago in a 411. I just happen to have that clip burned into my brain because it was a video I watched a lot in my youth and stands currently as one of my favorite 411 clips.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 04:41:06 PM by happenstance »

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2015, 04:47:37 PM »
The back tail.

foureyedjim

« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2015, 05:04:56 PM »
There was definitely some good skateboarding in that.

oh interesting, pablo's chinatown boardslide is also ABD (I know because I have the photo on my wall lol)

dillanharp

« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2015, 05:09:36 PM »
Supreme young adults.

coneklr

« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2015, 05:10:22 PM »

He probably didn't want to look like a pussy with all of Dennis's lines being so fast there.

My favorite trick was when Drake tailslid the curved hubba, who knew lil wayne got him hyped on skating

All jokes aside, I did enjoy this edit and am going to roll around now

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2015, 05:16:46 PM »
where is home?

Vx Vision

• Rep: -6
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2015, 05:23:37 PM »

my friends and i were and that sesh and that kid and her dad almost got in his way like twice or something, it was a weird vibe till KB landed it