Author Topic: jamie thomas, mean side?  (Read 100307 times)

papamidnight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
jamie thomas, mean side?
« on: January 20, 2007, 03:49:00 AM »
whats up im from the emerica site and there is some shit getting thrown down there that Jamie thomas is an asshole, and he tries to control his team and what they wear and that type of shit. All around control freak. Some people said to come over and ask you guys whats up? so is he really like that? stories?

Burgalveist

• Rep: 11
Re: jamie thomas, mean side?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 04:02:45 AM »
So people on the emerica site have been claiming the baseless speculation from this forum as fact?

tonycoxhox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
    • journal blog. avatar image
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 04:07:08 AM »
He just wants to look like Jesus. Give the guy a break.
"we were going digital, ignoring all but the most core matter from history and focusing on the most complicated structures in order to make our lives more simple, but we could not escape from the cage, the past, and "reality" so we surrendered to short term drug euphoria." - John Albertson (on LSD)

papamidnight

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 04:12:00 AM »
nahh its jsut that there are rumors and shit taht he isnt all he's cracked up to be, like he's just controlling and shit. I mean if youre just gunna be a bitch for me asking a question then well... blow me

george castellvi

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 04:28:13 AM »
my friend knew some kid who was flow for them, and he went out skating with the infamous JT. everything was all chill until jamie took him to a gap and said "you are going to ollie this" in a super serious manner

Sacred Smoke

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 04:32:07 AM »
my friend knew some kid who was flow for them, and he went out skating with the infamous JT. everything was all chill until jamie took him to a gap and said "you are going to ollie this" in a super serious manner

That is so amazing if it is true.

whatnot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 07:10:18 AM »
Based on Chris Cole remark, I aint surprised
i love opening skate talk and see mbl88 mbl88 mbl88... on every thread's last post
----anonymous member

kelchmonster

• Rep: 26
  • WHAT FOOL!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 07:36:29 AM »
its all true! and hes a war vet not jesus.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 08:21:07 AM »
His own team talks about it, and Cole admitted he started dressing like a an 80's hair band reject because Jamie send him a box of a cloths and told him how to dress.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 09:02:32 AM »
Cervantes said that Thomas made him skate even though he didn't want too because he was tired and that jamie said what tricks to do, but he didn't really seem to think it was a bad thing...

fuckingvegan

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 09:07:58 AM »
Cervantes said that Thomas made him skate even though he didn't want too because he was tired and that jamie said what tricks to do, but he didn't really seem to think it was a bad thing...

Some people like to be bossed around that is why they play football.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 09:46:42 AM »
well. ive got a lot to say on this subject.

but i'll just revert back to my normal line.

fuck the chief.
I need a coffee

reaganomics

• Rep: 0
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 10:50:43 AM »
nazi bastard

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 10:57:11 AM »
its common knowledge hes a prick. the smart thing to do about it would be stop purchasing anything related to him. fallen, zero, mystery and the other 11 companys that look the same.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

bobjohn

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »
Do former riders apply for unemployment when they get kicked off? That would be assuming that companies pay unemployment insurance.

wghpChris

• Rep: 0
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 11:49:22 AM »
HAHA, shit, everyone knows Thomas is a dickhead. Look how many riders have come and gone on Zero over the last ten years.

Dave Carnie also called him out for photoshopping hankerchiefs and other gay bullshit into pictures.

antihero

• Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 11:53:48 AM »
The problem is Jamie Thomas runs zero like a business rather than a skateboard team, but when you face facts zero is a business. I'm sure if your boss thought you wern't pulling your weight they'd tell you to do your job better or suggest where your going wrong. How is that different to him telling skaters what tricks to do?

fuckingvegan

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 11:55:55 AM »
The problem is Jamie Thomas runs zero like a business rather than a skateboard team, but when you face facts zero is a business. I'm sure if your boss thought you wern't pulling your weight they'd tell you to do your job better or suggest where your going wrong. How is that different to him telling skaters what tricks to do?

It is one thing to suggest to someone to try a trick and another to force people to dress different, having magazine photo shop "flair" into photos, forcing people to try tricks until they are to hurt to skate etc....
If I had a boss like that I would call the whistle blower hotline quick.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 12:10:00 PM »
from people who have ridden for him...i hear alot more good than bad that's for sure....

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 12:22:56 PM »
i heard that hes such a dick, he took his whole team for chocolate sundays once and only got them the medium size. what an asshole
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2007, 12:39:41 PM »

the problem is that while skateboarding is a business it's also a very differant kind of business because skateboarding does have some artistic qualities that can't be analyzed by a strictly economic analysis. a skateboard company is more like a record label, you can tell the bands/skaters exactly how to sound/skate but if you do they could lose that certain uniqueness that caught your markets eye in the first place. i think the smart business move to do would be to let your skaters be themselves. if you've got the money zero has you can buy the best skaters, have a rad but diverse team, and sell like crazy because now there's something for everybody.

Evil Kraken from the Arctic Sea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Hi SlapPal!
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2007, 12:54:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
if you've got the money zero has you can buy the best skaters, have a rad but diverse team, and sell like crazy because now there's something for everybody.
Yeah, but nothing for anyone really, cause they woulnd´t have any image...
I'll go frontside on some tranny for you.

NRG

• Rep: 1
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 01:17:16 PM »
Jamie Thomas is the darkest of men. It seems like he doesn't want a diverse team, like he wants everything uniform so he can corner the market. You know, the market that appeals little kids who dress in all black trenchcoats that carry guns to school, and dream of skullfucking.  

That's crazy if he makes people skate and tells them what tricks they should do. A good TM or boss should motivate skaters, and maybe suggest tricks they think the skater could be capable of. It sounds like he's taking it too far though, if it's true. Whatever let's all just keep speculating how he really is.

I agree with Guile, he seems shady don't buy his stuff

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 01:30:34 PM »
if he's so controlling...why is adrian lopez still adrian lopez......he didn't make him wear a sombrero or anything....you think now if chris cole wanted to a wear a tutu he couldn't?  they've got rattray and keegan too....its not like antihero has some la schoolyard kid....

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 02:04:26 PM »
It's true. It's no different than Antihero trying to corner the flannel shirt/Half-Cabs/Burnside market.

Every company has it's image, even if they try to be subtle about it. It's there.

Newman

• Rep: -3
  • Direction East
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 02:15:19 PM »
HAHA, shit, everyone knows Thomas is a dickhead. Look how many riders have come and gone on Zero over the last ten years.

Dave Carnie also called him out for photoshopping hankerchiefs and other gay bullshit into pictures.

Ha,Ha i remeber that shit. Dave Carnie man...wow, crazy guy right there piffest jokes eva. Anyway Jamie just trys to have his company maintain an image...every company has that exept the way he does it is very noticable.

j0rdan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2007, 02:30:13 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

if he's so controlling...why is adrian lopez still adrian lopez......he didn't make him wear a sombrero or anything....you think now if chris cole wanted to a wear a tutu he couldn't?  they've got rattray and keegan too....its not like antihero has some la schoolyard kid....
probably because Lopez is OG like Jamie. I doubt jamie would tell someone his own age to dress more "punk"... it's probably easier to tell these naive young kids "look, there's a spot for you on zero, but you gotta dress the part, and bust out huge hammers"

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2007, 02:31:37 PM »
Could be why Lopez went to Zero...

edit: I ment Mystery.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 04:13:41 PM by Duffy »

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2007, 02:32:18 PM »

but take into consideration the amount of coverage that keegan and rattray get.

ive seen way more osiris rattray ads than i have zero ratray ads. the only ad i can recollect from keegan is him standing on a motorcycle.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

SixofSeven

• Rep: -7
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2007, 02:47:07 PM »
its all true! and hes a war vet not jesus.

and what war did he fight in?