Author Topic: jamie thomas, mean side?  (Read 100318 times)

kools

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -45
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: jamie thomas, mean side?
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2007, 07:47:53 PM »
a few skate photographer friends have told me stories about shooting with jamie thomas. apparentily he tells them where they have to stand to take the photos from etc, gives out a big woof whistle whens he about to go for a trick and its on. also been told that hes tells photographers there not allowed to shoot certain tricks because there going to be enders in certain peoples parts. major control freak.
p.s. murlin- messageboards are designed for anonymous shit talking no point coming on here trying to deny it.

Maple Syrup

• Rep: -16
  • rhymenoceros
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2007, 08:01:17 PM »
i bet all these stories of him telling people what to wear are wrong.  i think he probably just gave someone a package of clothes cause they needed new shirts or something, and they wore the ones he gave them.

Edward Penishands

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2007, 08:21:53 PM »
Expand Quote
It's true. It's no different than Antihero trying to corner the flannel shirt/Half-Cabs/Burnside market.

Every company has it's image, even if they try to be subtle about it. It's there.
[close]

No Anti Hero is a bunch of friends, and no one changed to ride for Anti Hero. You should be ashamed of yourself for saying something so stupid.

he's simply stating the market that they are trying to corner, which is true.  every company has an image and everyone buys into it.  sure DGK makes good boards with nice shapes, but if im at a shop and want to ride a kayo deck im obviously going to go for an exp-1 before a DGK simply because im paying money for the deck and part of that is for an image.  regardless, of what you do, you got an image.  even kev with his "im so poor and life is so hard in canada that i buy blank decks cause i love skating so much even though its aboot time i got a job and somewhere greater than micky Ds.

cliff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
    • Sml. Wheels avatar image
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2007, 08:22:37 PM »
How many dudes that work at black box are on here?

Jackers

• Rep: 11
  • Thanks GRL
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2007, 09:36:03 PM »
Not me, Im on the Brown Box man. UPS
Idle

slurthic

• Rep: -5
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2007, 09:38:13 PM »
jamie thomas seems like a tool, we all know that. i doubt that he told chris cole how to dress to fit the part, because if chris cole started wearing mesh pants and xxl yellow t shirts with a fuckin penis haircut again do you think thomas would give him the boot, no way

golgo13

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2007, 09:49:03 PM »
thje frank gerwer who rode for the firm and the frank on antihero are definetly not the same guys.
people change.
for who or what reason noone knows.

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2007, 10:00:05 PM »
i bet all these stories of him telling people what to wear are wrong.  i think he probably just gave someone a package of clothes cause they needed new shirts or something, and they wore the ones he gave them.

jamie thomas seems like a tool, we all know that. i doubt that he told chris cole how to dress to fit the part, because if chris cole started wearing mesh pants and xxl yellow t shirts with a fuckin penis haircut again do you think thomas would give him the boot, no way

Cole admitted to it in an interview, how much more proof do you need?

alexx

• Rep: 10
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2007, 10:11:39 PM »
i don't have much respect for the dude. the whole image he markets is so pathetic too. the zero/fallen team are full of dull skaters who are so boring to watch. style or originality is a mystery to them.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 03:39:44 AM by alexx »

Gest

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2007, 10:15:01 PM »
andrew allen was a pretty technical rail skater when he first got in the scene in like 2004

switch bigspin front boards on rails

in the new thrasher video, with anti-hero as his sponsor, he is seen doing lots of transition, and wallie to boardslides on hubbas

the people you skate with rub off on you

Brown Cords

• Rep: 0
  • Ironic Owl Avatar
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2007, 01:10:04 AM »
It is all baseless bullshit.  That is what 95% of this messageboard continually circulates.  Bullshit, gossip. 
Boards like this are just a bit of fun. Try not to get too down about it dude.

trent steel

« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2007, 08:12:57 AM »
andrew allen was a pretty technical rail skater when he first got in the scene in like 2004

switch bigspin front boards on rails

in the new thrasher video, with anti-hero as his sponsor, he is seen doing lots of transition, and wallie to boardslides on hubbas

the people you skate with rub off on you
his check out thing in skateboarder was a switch back tail on a rail.

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2007, 08:23:34 AM »
Expand Quote
It is all baseless bullshit.  That is what 95% of this messageboard continually circulates.  Bullshit, gossip. 
[close]
Boards like this are just a bit of fun. Try not to get too down about it dude.

he doesn't usually, only when zero/jamie thomas is brought up

fuckingvegan

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2007, 08:43:54 AM »
Jamie Thomas is lame. Giving out product is a pretty normal thing....

Who did you live with, fuckingvegan?

One of the original Zero riders.

jacek

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2007, 09:04:54 AM »
a few skate photographer friends have told me stories about shooting with jamie thomas. apparentily he tells them where they have to stand to take the photos from etc, gives out a big woof whistle whens he about to go for a trick and its on. also been told that hes tells photographers there not allowed to shoot certain tricks because there going to be enders in certain peoples parts. major control freak.
p.s. murlin- messageboards are designed for anonymous shit talking no point coming on here trying to deny it.
so your telling me, if you were doing a trick, a huge hammer persay, and its an ender for a video from which you make money off of, you wouldn't tell the photographer to stop?

Claude

• Rep: 15
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2007, 10:13:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Jamie Thomas is lame. Giving out product is a pretty normal thing....

Who did you live with, fuckingvegan?
[close]

One of the original Zero riders.
Aaron Harrison?

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2007, 11:19:16 AM »
thje frank gerwer who rode for the firm and the frank on antihero are definetly not the same guys.
people change.

When I first read this thread, I was gonna post an ad that Frank did with The Firm and one he did for AntiHero, but I couldn't find the AntiHero one. Anyway, here's the Firm one, which is obviously way different than the ones now of him sitting by an empty pool in a flannel drinkin' a beer and all that shit.

Every company has an art director, even if it's the company owner himself. And the art director's job is to create the image of the company, and that definitely affects the way the public sees them. That's the whole point. It's a business.

krapnek

• Rep: 1
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2007, 11:43:15 AM »
Expand Quote
people change.
[close]

When I first read this thread, I was gonna post an ad that Frank did with The Firm and one he did for AntiHero, but I couldn't find the AntiHero one. Anyway, here's the Firm one, which is obviously way different than the ones now of him sitting by an empty pool in a flannel drinkin' a beer and all that shit.

Every company has an art director, even if it's the company owner himself. And the art director's job is to create the image of the company, and that definitely affects the way the public sees them. That's the whole point. It's a business.

frank is just better off skating for a company like antihero that appreciates his drunkeness and the fact he kickflipped wallenburg.  in case you forgot, he ALSO wears a suit in cash money vagrant.   andrew allen had a nollie frontside flips into a bank in a recent thrasher.  tony mirano got beat up by tony alva.  julien stranger pioneered a look that over a decade to catch on in williamsburg.  whatever.  andy roy was a fanny lancer for a while.  cardiel is a rasta dj.  and they stood by and let tony t dress up like a clown for like 4 years.  fuck!  that's diversity. don't get fooled by recurring dickies and old school vans. AND, don't trust a big butt and a smile.

can someone from the industry give us any numbers of total board sales for the different companies?

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2007, 12:01:13 PM »
Word up to the butt/smile advice!

ridewrite

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2007, 09:43:15 PM »
Expand Quote
The problem is Jamie Thomas runs zero like a business rather than a skateboard team, but when you face facts zero is a business. I'm sure if your boss thought you wern't pulling your weight they'd tell you to do your job better or suggest where your going wrong. How is that different to him telling skaters what tricks to do?
[close]

It is one thing to suggest to someone to try a trick and another to force people to dress different, having magazine photo shop "flair" into photos, forcing people to try tricks until they are to hurt to skate etc....
If I had a boss like that I would call the whistle blower hotline quick.

mike ternasky anybody? seriously jamie didn't start nothin

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2007, 10:24:06 PM »
i'll see your ternasky and up you a stacy parelta.....

i did an interview before w. ryan smith w. lyndsey robertson and another time w. keegan... they all know what they are getting themselves into and what they have to do.....in turn jamie thomas treats them better than any other company out there....

golgo13

« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2007, 10:29:55 PM »
and in case weve all forgotten, if you wanna get paid to skateboard you better be able to sell skateboards.
some people need more than skill, others don't.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2007, 10:40:42 PM »
sometimes you just need to pull your weight on a team that sells tons of boards to make good money....

. . .

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2007, 05:58:37 AM »
http://www.twsbiz.com/twbiz/profiles/article/0,21214,1559504,00.html

"Most of the people that ride for our teams or work at Black Box are motivated and down to work. If someone’s not into working then we usually advise them to go somewhere where they’re not required to work."

fuckingvegan

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2007, 06:51:34 AM »

"Most of the people that ride for our teams or work at Black Box are motivated and down to work. If someone’s not into working then we usually advise them to go somewhere where they’re not required to work."

So what kind of work is it to photoshop bandannas on people and send boxed of cloths to people to tell them how to dress 100% differently they do at the time.

krapnek

• Rep: 1
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2007, 06:57:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So what kind of work is it to photoshop bandannas on people and send boxed of cloths to people to tell them how to dress 100% differently they do at the time.

can anyone post the image where a bandanna was photoshopped into a picture?  i'm sure it happened, but i really wnat to see it.  that's just ridiculous.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2007, 07:08:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

if the guy's worst traits are photoshopping in bandanas and sending boxes of clothing.......

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2007, 06:43:30 AM »
he's definitely a total shitbag, mad people have already heard my "mittens" story about him.

ryan smith talked about JT forcing him to do that crooked grind at the end of his zero part, on his birthday no less.  they get there and JT tells him he's not letting him in the van to leave until he does it.  i think he did end up making it first try, not like you could really go at that thing for more than a few attempts in the first place.

either way, JT is an overrated, controlling, manipulative shithead and if his piece of shit skateboarding career and all of his gay, contrived companies ended and shut the fuck down at 3 pm today i'd probably go buy a pint a whiskey.  well, i'm gonna do that anyway, but at least then i'd have something to celebrate.

alexander32thegrea

• Rep: -17
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2007, 08:23:11 AM »
yeah fuck jamie thomas and his wack compnanies i hope his son turns out to be gay! imagine that dellimna

billrey

« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2007, 08:49:53 AM »
Im sure the stories have all been exaggerated and Im sure hes just like any other company owner. I bet he didnt tell Chris Cole he had to wear this or he was off the team...but more likely said "Hey try out these pants" or "You should listen to this band"...When you hang out with certain people, you become more like those people. Its really not a big deal. The guys just doing what he can to make money and skateboard, can you really be mad at that?