Author Topic: Cumbryan not on Globe after all  (Read 4980 times)

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
Re: Cumbryan not on Globe after all
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2024, 05:19:46 AM »
yeah for sure them zara pants are the same thing as the $228 rassvet chinos

@Shtonk  please stop posting

thank you
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

JugeL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2024, 06:46:51 AM »
Every local has sold rassvet boards here for many years yet i've never seen anyone ride them

AllisonChalmers

• Rep: -40
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2024, 04:28:16 PM »
Every local has sold rassvet boards here for many years yet i've never seen anyone ride them

What woodshop they rockin with

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2024, 09:51:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What woodshop they rockin with
I've seen PS Stix ones and HLC ones. HLC ones could also be that other woodshop in europe that's pretty much a mystery to me.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2024, 04:20:33 AM »
I'm still waiting for the cambryan explosion
Think it’s been blueballed

work_lurker

• Rep: 69
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2024, 05:23:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
most importantly,
what pants are those?
[close]
Rassvet chinos: a steal at only $228 USD.  🤨
[close]

Not a dig at anyone at all but honestly more a question of understanding value? Like do we expect everything to be between 40-90?
You need a sliding scale to feed demand.

Rassvets production comes from high fashion therefore higher end fabrics better finishings and smaller runs.

Hardware is more than likely going to continue to get more expensive. Daily I’m asked “when did spitfires become so expensive”

Ultimately just because you don’t want to buy them doesn’t mean some else won’t. And if these expensive garments fund paying skateboarders and in turn producing enjoyable content WHO fucking cares.

It works for palace why not other brands?
[close]

It's 2024 and dudes out here still believing high retail prices equal higher quality and production standards ...
[close]

Break it down for me then

A company may not have a lot of capital to do a large production, so instead, they do a "limited" run of something because it's all they can afford. Supply and Demand would insinuate that a small supply results in a larger demand, and with a a larger demand you can raise prices to maximize your return on investment.

Just because a brand makes 50-100 of something, claiming it's limited edition, or special in some way, and then charges an exorbitant price on that basis, doesn't mean the quality is good. They are trying to frame their brand as higher end, even if it's the same shit quality as a blank t-shirt from Walmart. They're not selling their product, they're really trying to sell their image of the brand. They can sell a few shitty shirts for way more than worth, and then use that as justification to continue selling shitty shirts for way too much.

If people buy them, good for the company, but the consumers are for sure getting ripped off.

This model typically requires name recognition, piggybacking off of someone's existing fame if you well. Take Kanye Wests entire Yeezy line for example. Who the fuck wants to buy a $300 blank white shirt that looks like its been sent through a woodchipper? That ain't high quality, that thing is falling apart.

Without famous people peddling a product, selling shit for more than it's worth doesn't really work, because there's no inherent value to justify the cost.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2024, 06:15:30 PM »
CUM-BA YA MY LORD

cum my bryan cum cum my bryan