Author Topic: What's more stable?  (Read 1557 times)

tanginacat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
What's more stable?
« on: July 02, 2015, 04:57:26 AM »
Venture 5.8 or Thunder 149II?
 both with bones medium or hard without washers thanksss!

@thewilleasley

Re: What's more stable?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 05:07:01 AM »
In my own experience I would have to say the Venture 5.8's. I was skating those, tried out the new thunders, then went back to ventures specifically for that added stability. thunders are dope but were just a tad too squirrelly for my own tastes.

tanginacat

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 06:47:32 AM »
In my own experience I would have to say the Venture 5.8's. I was skating those, tried out the new thunders, then went back to ventures specifically for that added stability. thunders are dope but were just a tad too squirrelly for my own tastes.

thanks! appreciate the response. got thunders 147 titanium 3 and agree with what u said coming from indy 149's
they are more stable than indys but still got those flex. looking for that stability for manual stuffs and technical shit.
here in the ph they kinda dont fuck with the 8.5 trucks so i have to put with 147s for the moment till i get the ventures which will fucking arrive in sept. rly sucksss  :-\ 

TehPwnzorer

• Rep: -17
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 07:50:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

thanks! appreciate the response. got thunders 147 titanium 3 and agree with what u said coming from indy 149's
they are more stable than indys but still got those flex. looking for that stability for manual stuffs and technical shit.
here in the ph they kinda dont fuck with the 8.5 trucks so i have to put with 147s for the moment till i get the ventures which will fucking arrive in sept. rly sucksss  :-\  
I guess it's different for everyone. 147s are the least stable out of all the trucks I have.
149 Indys > 149 Thunders II(0.5" wider makes it more stable no matter what) > 139 Indys > 147 Thunders. I always felt that Indys have the smoother, curvier turn while Thunders have sporty, twitchy turn.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 08:02:42 AM »
I have been trying out the new 149 II's for the past 3 weeks or so.  Have been skating Indy's exclusively for the last 6 or so years, but wanted to show DLX some love since I've always loved their wood and in the last couple years (F4's), their wheels.

Coming from Indy, the Thunders feel really stable 2/3's of the way through the turn.  In the last 1/3 of the turn, like someone else mentioned, they do get a little twitchy/sporty/what have you.  I've been really pleasantly surprised with the Thunders.  I had to loosen the kingpin about a whole turn on the back truck, and half turn on the front from the stock setting, and they feel really great.

Finally got some new pivot cups for my Indy's and decided to try out the Indy replacement bushings, so I'll be setting those up today to compare more and ultimately run with what feels better.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 11:25:18 AM »
I'd wager the Ventures would be more stable over the thunders.

That said, if you want more stability (at the cost of sharper turning) go with barrel bottom bushings.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 01:50:38 PM »
Indys are way more stable than both combined, the lows with riser pads are perfect

BMCsteve

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 06:04:36 PM »
Indys are way more stable than both combined, the lows with riser pads are perfect

you would ride lows with risers instead of regular indy's

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 06:10:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

you would ride lows with risers instead of regular indy's
I work with what's free  :) :D

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 09:55:43 PM »
How do you define stable? 

I think venture don't turn as sharp and the turning radius is broader than a thunder.....

tanginacat

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 10:06:44 PM »
How do you define stable? 

I think venture don't turn as sharp and the turning radius is broader than a thunder.....

to me when manualing or setting up for an ollie it has to be stable like it should be able to take your weight like it doesnt easily give off/up when your weight suddenly comes to the heelside(frontside) so you can center your body faster and position
stable = faster centering of the body even with no washers with bones bushing. coz no washers bones bushing just feel too good snappier more pop swerve smooth just my opinion tho.

BMCsteve

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 07:08:34 AM »
Indy's for me are the most stable due to the placement of the axle.  Indy axles are closer to the center of the board vs the nose tail which gives you a more gentle tipping point and thus easier to hold manuals