Author Topic: Heel bruise advice?  (Read 1307 times)

Adam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Heel bruise advice?
« on: July 09, 2015, 12:24:41 PM »
I was battling a trick down some stairs on Saturday and got pretty bad heel bruise. It's been 5 days and barely improved. this doesn't really happen to me that often so I don't really know what to do besides ice it, does anyone have some tips or tricks that help them get rid of it?

HyenaChaser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
Re: Heel bruise advice?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 11:22:12 AM »
Rest, Ice, Compression (wrap the ice snug to your heel), Elevation (sit on the floor with your foot up on a foot rest or stack of pillows).

Shit just takes time, and if you're not the type to just suffer with it while you skate, you gotta give it a minute.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

PARANOID

Re: Heel bruise advice?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 09:04:05 PM »
I was battling a trick down some stairs on Saturday and got pretty bad heel bruise. It's been 5 days and barely improved. this doesn't really happen to me that often so I don't really know what to do besides ice it, does anyone have some tips or tricks that help them get rid of it?
Stay off the foot and monitor it. Heel bruises typically feel sore even while healing, so if it *looks* better but doesn't feel better, it's getting there. However, if you literally bruised it to the point where it's black, watch it closely because if the color doesn't  improve soon, you might have a hematoma and will have to go to the doctor. Icing works, but most people do it wrong. The proper way to ice an injury is by 15 minute intervals strictly, and every 2-4 hours if you can. 15 minutes, no more, no less.