Author Topic: Kris Markovich & Neal Mims: Weekend Buzz ep. 104 pt. 1,2  (Read 16449 times)

Dark Knight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Kris Markovich & Neal Mims: Weekend Buzz ep. 104 pt. 1,2
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2015, 12:25:39 PM »
Expand Quote
"I brought it off Gator, right after he killed that Bitch"

"Right after he put the Bitch in the ground"

Really? a poor chick that was beaten to death and dumped in a bag and you call her a bitch, how disrespectful can someone be? i don't care if your a legend, that was a pretty shit thing to say.
[close]

that really stood out to me too. and it was weird because it seemed like he was trying to be cool about it.

That shit left a bad taste in my mouth.  Kind of made me not give a shit about what else he had to say.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2015, 02:16:29 PM »
Great episode. Markovich looks to be on something more than booze.
Keep in mind, he is a bit older and I feel like we haven't seen any photos of him in a while. He has aged. Maybe it is the booze, maybe it is even something else, but there is definitely a chance he is just older and we aren't used to seeing him like that.

As to the 'bitch' comments... Yeah, not the best choice of words.

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2015, 02:35:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
"I brought it off Gator, right after he killed that Bitch"

"Right after he put the Bitch in the ground"

Really? a poor chick that was beaten to death and dumped in a bag and you call her a bitch, how disrespectful can someone be? i don't care if your a legend, that was a pretty shit thing to say.
[close]

that really stood out to me too. and it was weird because it seemed like he was trying to be cool about it.
[close]

That shit left a bad taste in my mouth.  Kind of made me not give a shit about what else he had to say.

I agree.
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2015, 02:56:56 PM »
I don't know Kris but he has A long list of burned bridges to his name, that alone speaks for itself.

Brad Breath

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2015, 03:52:55 PM »
Yeah, you get drunk and start rattling off cool guy stories and everyone's hyped on you and the adrenaline gets going and its "fuck" this and "eat a dick" that.  Its no surprise when you call some poor, deceased girl a bitch.  I doubt he meant it.  Especially hearing what he said about Gator after that.

It's no excuse, just an easy explanation.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2015, 04:02:50 PM »
Does anyone remember which Kris part it was where he has an opening monologue saying something like " There's always a group of skaters in which their parts get constantly fast forwarded, I'm not one of those guys" or something like that. He always left an impression that he was very cocky and into himself, also his Blind part is an automatic skip in my book.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2015, 04:30:42 PM »
this is how brad renfro would look today

pinch a loaf

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2015, 04:34:41 PM »
Does anyone remember which Kris part it was where he has an opening monologue saying something like " There's always a group of skaters in which their parts get constantly fast forwarded, I'm not one of those guys" or something like that. He always left an impression that he was very cocky and into himself, also his Blind part is an automatic skip in my book.

Rewatched for some nostalgia. Holy shit that's a weak ender for this day and age.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2015, 04:59:01 PM »
Sallow and gaunt are good words for him.

blankbutbranded

• Rep: 137
  • Scut Farkus homebwaye
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2015, 05:18:31 PM »
Markovich kind of never really grow up. Even Jason Dill balanced that problem one way or the other and sorted out... To use the word bitch to talk about a victim of homocide is REALLY bad. He was on the mood to talk about anything maybe thats why he let it go like that but it shows an alienated juvenile side of him that might be still a problem.

Other that that, troubled or not, the dude is legit but it's sad he's not more like Karl Watson when he talk.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2015, 05:18:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Rewatched for some nostalgia. Holy shit that's a weak ender for this day and age.

Completely forgot that Markovich doesn't know how to bs smith.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -602
  • who knows
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2015, 05:29:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Great episode. Markovich looks to be on something more than booze.
[close]
Keep in mind, he is a bit older and I feel like we haven't seen any photos of him in a while. He has aged. Maybe it is the booze, maybe it is even something else, but there is definitely a chance he is just older and we aren't used to seeing him like that.

As to the 'bitch' comments... Yeah, not the best choice of words.

yeah.  i'm not defending that shit at all but in the context of that story you can tell it is still super heavy and overwhelming to him.  it's gotta be a mindfuck to know your boy you hung out all the time killed his girlfriend, and possible hung out with you that day. 

it's definitely not an excuse but making light of it and talking about it like it was some make believe movie is kind of understandable.  still a terribly shitty thing to say.
where is home?

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -286
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2015, 06:07:20 PM »
Eat a fucking dick. If you don't like it, eat a fucking dick.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 07:34:12 PM by Suit Up! »

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2015, 06:57:57 PM »
The "bitch" thing was nothing. Kris went on and on about how much he despises Gator and what he did after.

I do hope he does have his shit together though.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2015, 07:58:48 PM »
i don't think it's nothing.  he referred to someone that was raped and murdered as a "bitch" for no reason.  that's something I'd expect from a 14 year old, not a 40 year old.  pretty fucking gross.  sounds like he's got a problem with women. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2015, 08:03:08 PM »
The "bitch" thing was nothing. Kris went on and on about how much he despises Gator and what he did after.

Just because he hates Gator for what he did, doesn't cancel out the fact that he referred to the victim of that heinous crime as a "bitch".

EDIT:  What augustmoon said
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:18:06 PM by Dark Knight »

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2015, 09:41:00 AM »
His wife was a babe is he not with that chick anymore?
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

shit_for_brains

« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2015, 09:45:42 AM »
She super cheated on him With one of the Hollywood guys I believe. Justin Roy?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2015, 10:39:11 AM »
No, it was some guy Rob from Oklahoma i think.  also think he's been married and divorced since then as well.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2015, 11:12:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just because he hates Gator for what he did, doesn't cancel out the fact that he referred to the victim of that heinous crime as a "bitch".

EDIT:  What augustmoon said

What a spectacle Weekend Buzz has turned into. 

Can I ask what the fuck you're thinking Brink?

First you joke about forced sodomy and now you and Lee make light of a girl's murder?  Both of you, literally laughing, as you talk/joke about it
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2015, 12:14:31 PM »
Quit tattooing your fucking face

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2015, 01:45:17 PM »
this is how brad renfro would look today:

example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2015, 03:28:07 PM »
to be fair none of us really know what that girl was like

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2015, 04:26:43 PM »
Zedis Lepidis, you guys are cranky lately. All this "HOW DARE HE DO SUCH A THING?!?!?!?!?" stuff, just don't worry about it mane. There are better methods of tricking yourself into thinking you have self esteem.

im probably lying

aleksander

• Rep: 126
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2015, 07:13:48 PM »
to be fair none of us really know what that girl was like

"Let's just do something stupid and ridiculous and just be as fucking regular as we possibly can."

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2015, 11:37:52 AM »
Brink? Brink! We would really like to get your perspective here.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2015, 11:58:49 AM »
To be fair, as big of a dick Markovich comes across as he paid dearly with his shitty legacy in skateboarding in return. I feel like thats an even trade off.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2015, 03:16:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This part was a decade ago, and doing a hurricane on a nobbly cement "handrail" thing is pretty fucking good.
Fuck you for making me defend this guy. ;)
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2015, 07:46:43 PM »
a few things:

- bitch comment defs wasnt called for, especially because he seemed genuinely pissed at gator. either way not a cool thing to say... I want to chalk it up to him being drunk, I really do :-X

- didn't he split with his wife (who someone called hot on the last page)? I seem to remember him having a kid at some point too no?

- you don't talk shit on markovich parts; the guy has never put out a bad one imho. as for petty back smith hate, you try skating half as fast as he does and even board sliding something.

Dude has had a rough fucking life with the skate industry (partly his fault too) but at the end of the day he still throws down and I defs can't hate on that. 

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

too much

« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2015, 08:26:55 PM »
Went back to watch this, (missed the bitch part the first time) and in his story I counted him saying girl twice and bitch twice...So I think he might of said bitch because he is truly pissed at Gator and just was angry/passionate about telling the story. I'm surprised this was picked up on because there are tons of men who only refer to women as bitches. I agree it's not a nice thing to say.