Author Topic: Kris Markovich & Neal Mims: Weekend Buzz ep. 104 pt. 1,2  (Read 16427 times)

hufs calve muscles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Kris Markovich & Neal Mims: Weekend Buzz ep. 104 pt. 1,2
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2015, 09:23:40 PM »
Someone gif that 360 flip off the curb cut  :o forgot how big it was.

Drunk or not drunk the bitch call wasn't needed. Maybe she was a cunt but she's dead and that shit isnt cool.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2015, 11:02:58 PM »
Did chops ever do a markovich interview?  You kids....be happy Heath called it a day.....

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2015, 07:32:57 AM »
The bitch has to be taken in context of how the story was being told. Drunk and recounting an anecdote about a friend who'd murdered a girl and possibly driven her body in the car you had just bought. He was tripping about it even recounting it two decades later. Bad choice of wording but at no point did you get the feeling that he thought the girl was really a bitch. If Brink ends up censoring these things a lot they will become dull as fuck.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

shark tits

« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2015, 07:48:42 AM »
brink and lee are jerry springer and steve. they have to let the guests go overboard or it'd be all boring skate talk. thank goodness they get the guests hammered or we might not have a show.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2015, 09:23:26 AM »
The bitch has to be taken in context of how the story was being told. Drunk and recounting an anecdote about a friend who'd murdered a girl and possibly driven her body in the car you had just bought. He was tripping about it even recounting it two decades later. Bad choice of wording but at no point did you get the feeling that he thought the girl was really a bitch. If Brink ends up censoring these things a lot they will become dull as fuck.

i get what your saying and i'm from kris's generation and remember a lot of people talking like that about women when i was younger but most of us grew up and realized that shit wasn't cool. doing that kind of thing now, in this day and age and in that context talks a lot about where kris is and isn't at in his life.

mca addressed this back in 94 and most of us were already there or on our way (@2:08). it's 2015.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2015, 12:06:38 PM »
People in the skate industry are seriously intimidated and afraid of Markovich. For fuck sakes he prevented Jeremy Wray from skating and possibly kickflipping wallenberg before anyone. And all Jeremy had to say is no big deal it was a funny story? i would have been pissed! Seriously the first thing i thought about as soon as i saw Weekend Buzz Markovich was that story and I know Brink has already said that him and Lee "forgot" to ask about the story, but I'm starting to feel like they were maybe scared to ask seeing as how he would react or maybe he would talk shit on Jeremy like he did with Gator and starting some late beef with Jeremy.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 12:09:35 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

shark tits

« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2015, 12:24:13 PM »
People in the skate industry are seriously intimidated and afraid of Markovich. For fuck sakes he prevented Jeremy Wray from skating and possibly kickflipping wallenberg before anyone. And all Jeremy had to say is no big deal it was a funny story? i would have been pissed! Seriously the first thing i thought about as soon as i saw Weekend Buzz Markovich was that story and I know Brink has already said that him and Lee "forgot" to ask about the story, but I'm starting to feel like they were maybe scared to ask seeing as how he would react or maybe he would talk shit on Jeremy like he did with Gator and starting some late beef with Jeremy.
i never heard that one. is there a thread or a first person account of it on the web somewheres?

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2015, 03:47:37 PM »
In the context of the story telling style I see nothing wrong with how/what he said about gators chick. If you want to get all touchy with it.... me saying "chick" could be twisted in some sort of demeaning way. He was in a hang out situation with beer talking to skateboarders with a target audience of skateboarders. Nothing shocking. I get it from both perspectives but just take it lightly and all is well. That was super fun to watch for me because much like a lot of kids (now adults) from that time, Markovich was my friggn idol. Down. Thanks Brink!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2015, 11:12:23 PM »
The bitch slip didn't surprise me...

Although Brink and Lee dog could have asked some tougher questions.....they did touch on the topic of hair which Marko,appears to be struggling with.....

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2015, 09:03:06 AM »
People in the skate industry are seriously intimidated and afraid of Markovich.

Must be true because Brink is afraid to comment on this one.

I kid, I kid. :-*