Author Topic: Nyjah to Nike in three months  (Read 122061 times)

Monkey_Mcpott

Re: Nyjah to Nike in three months
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2015, 07:43:06 PM »
Remember when Nike would sponsor guys like Todd Jordan.

Swithflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 07:47:58 PM »
Scuba is the team manager of Nike, right? Nyjah will get on the team just for his trophys.

pinch a loaf

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 07:51:24 PM »
Also Nike needs Nyjah because they need the soon to be first gold medalist when skateboarding will be at the Olympics.

bingo

one80

• Rep: 14
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2015, 08:31:07 PM »
Scuba is the team manager of Nike, right? Nyjah will get on the team just for his trophys.
can't remember where i saw but i wanna say ryan bobier took over as tm

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 09:11:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Nyjahs been with element since he was 4, I don't see him leaving DC.. They obviously take care of him.

Nyjah in the same league as Michael Jordan, tiger woods, and messi?? Over my dead body
[close]

What about that time he wasn't?

second best art direction of any company based on rastafarianism

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2015, 10:31:37 PM »
Expand Quote
nike gets a lot of hate for "buying" all the best guys but to be honest they actually do help support a lot of awesome skaters and give them better lives.  for real.  they don't have anyone whack on their team.  actually they have one of the least whack teams in all of skateboarding.
i mean shit, the only person i don't like here is Trevor Colden.
http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/skateboarding/nike-skateboarding-team

them sponsoring nyjah would make me jump full steam ahead on their hate wagon.  
[close]

Completely agree Ty. And the lesser known dudes are getting some Nike shine: Hjalte, Karsten, Brooker. There's a lot of raw talent on their team aside from the big dogs.

thought greyson fletcher was fully on?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2015, 11:04:23 PM »
Expand Quote
I know he's a big Chris Cole fan so, I'm not entirely sure he would.
[close]

And that will get him more money?

No, but he knows he's disliked and might keep loyal to DC in order to improve his image.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

ManMelt

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2015, 11:42:44 PM »
Nothing Nyjah has ever done has gotten me hyped. I could give a fuck about any of his video parts or his campaign to win SOTY. If he actually ever does get it, that title will become meaningless. The only time I am happy to see Nyjah, is when he is standing on the 2nd place podium, wiping tears from his boyish face. He is the street Shawn White, no better, and in many ways, a lot worse.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2015, 01:33:20 AM »
The Olympic connection fits for nike x nyjah, but i hope this doesn't happen.

Nike could drop many dudes that don't produce, BA, Omar, Childress, Weiger.......

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2015, 01:42:47 AM »
Expand Quote
He's going to Nike. Bigger contract than Eric or Paul.

and way fucking bigger than Luan or Ishod.
[close]

I heard this rumour too from someone who works with Nyjah at Element. Paul was their main dude and I guess he's getting shoved aside to have Nyjah at the helm. Paul is pissed and rumour is he's going to leave when his contract is up. I can only image how ugly a Nyjah X Nike shoe will look like.

My prediction is that Paul quits Nike in a year and starts a Primitive shoe line, or calls it something else. Dude loves shoes. I'm sure he's already scheming right now. Paul is an entrepreneur at heart. He always has to be making some business move. Skating will be over soon for him as he's stated in interviews that he isn't going to film parts anymore. He basically just skates his park now anyways. He'll transition fully into business-boss-Paul. Weird having grown up being kind of the same age as Paul and thinking how that kid in Street Cinema who was the future of skateboarding is now on his way out due to old age. Time flies. Kind of off topic, but who wants to talk about Nigel Helston anyways.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2015, 07:02:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I heard this rumour too from someone who works with Nyjah at Element. Paul was their main dude and I guess he's getting shoved aside to have Nyjah at the helm. Paul is pissed and rumour is he's going to leave when his contract is up. I can only image how ugly a Nyjah X Nike shoe will look like.
[close]

My prediction is that Paul quits Nike in a year and starts a Primitive shoe line, or calls it something else. Dude loves shoes. I'm sure he's already scheming right now. Paul is an entrepreneur at heart. He always has to be making some business move. Skating will be over soon for him as he's stated in interviews that he isn't going to film parts anymore. He basically just skates his park now anyways. He'll transition fully into business-boss-Paul. Weird having grown up being kind of the same age as Paul and thinking how that kid in Street Cinema who was the future of skateboarding is now on his way out due to old age. Time flies. Kind of off topic, but who wants to talk about Nigel Helston anyways.

I heard that P-rod has a full part in the new Ty Evans video.

ShpotaSb

• Rep: -28
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2015, 07:17:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Prod not filming any more parts is a real stretch. I'm pretty sure he still has a decade of pro skating left in him, unless he decides to start his acting career much sooner than originaly planned.

beazlocal

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2015, 08:14:02 AM »
Expand Quote
I've heard that none of his pro shoes on DC have sold to expectations so I'm not sure how big that Nike contract would be and I'm sure DC would be fine letting him go
[close]

I find this funny. All the zumiez stores had a HUGE leftover stock of the first Nyjah shoe. I think it is a decent looking shoe. I bought a couple pairs, and they're honestly the most durable shoe I've ever skated. The soles last forever. They probably last 5 times longer than any shoe I've ever skated. I recently found some of the less desirable colorways of the Nyjah on Amazon for $19 a pair. I have 2 years worth of shoes to skate now.

Well, they could never admit it, but selling more durable shoes is not great for business, you sell less, less durable and still reputable is the perfect combo

beazlocal

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2015, 08:18:39 AM »
nike gets a lot of hate for "buying" all the best guys but to be honest they actually do help support a lot of awesome skaters and give them better lives.  for real.  they don't have anyone whack on their team.  actually they have one of the least whack teams in all of skateboarding.

Disagree, no one will ever legitimize this company in skateboarding, you are whack the minute you put those shoes on to skate.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2015, 08:33:07 AM »
Bobby fully on Nike, good news to me.

GetNaked247

• Rep: -7
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2015, 09:23:13 AM »
I can't imagine why nike wouldn't offer nyjah a crazy contract. Think about it, nike owns street league and 90% of street league contests are won by this guy wearing dc's. They can't be hyped on that. They want those average top 3 guys up there wearing nike so all the kids there will think nike must be the best and go buy them. Whether nyjah will actually go, who knows, but it wouldn't surprise me since it seems that dude reallllyy loves money.

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2015, 10:21:13 AM »
I can't imagine why nike wouldn't offer nyjah a crazy contract. Think about it, nike owns street league and 90% of street league contests are won by this guy wearing dc's. They can't be hyped on that. They want those average top 3 guys up there wearing nike so all the kids there will think nike must be the best and go buy them. Whether nyjah will actually go, who knows, but it wouldn't surprise me since it seems that dude reallllyy loves money.

because nyjah does not fit their image. how can nobody not look at the nike team and see how out of place nyjah would be on it. nike actually recruits dudes it seems ONLY with character and style while also of course, secondly being in the top tier. nyjah is just top tier
try to remember, forget

Roro1

• Rep: -38
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2015, 10:45:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

because nyjah does not fit their image. how can nobody not look at the nike team and see how out of place nyjah would be on it. nike actually recruits dudes it seems ONLY with character and style while also of course, secondly being in the top tier. nyjah is just top tier

They can build / make up his character as they did for their brand don't worry about that

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2015, 10:45:55 AM »
Remember when Nike would sponsor guys like Todd Jordan.

That point in Nike SB's history was by far the best; classics, dunk lows and FCs.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2015, 10:46:47 AM »

Nike could drop many dudes that don't produce, BA, Omar, Childress, Weiger.......

Weiger??

Had a part in Chronicles 2 and recent enjoi vid...and he rips. 
hardly art, hardly starving

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2015, 10:56:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I think he said at some point that he is hyped on street league because it is a new kinda challenge in skateboarding for him, and that he's filmed so many parts that it's no longer such an interesting process to him. But dude definitely has at least a good 5 years of progressive professional skateboarding ahead, he just did a nollie flip crooks nollie heel out on a handrail and probably the first ever crooks nollie late flip down a handrail in streetleague last week. I'm sure he's gonna film a couple parts to get that primitive shit really going

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -296
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2015, 05:12:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Disagree, no one will ever legitimize this company in skateboarding, you are whack the minute you put those shoes on to skate.

Gnard.

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2015, 05:45:57 PM »
I'm curious to see what happens. It makes perfect sense for him and Nike. It has nothing to do with actual skateboarding. But yeah,,,,, in that mainstream sense, why wouldn't Nike want ALL of the podium dudes. I'm sure that they will cut a bunch of dudes to make it happen too. Integrity is nothing to them so why not?

Aww fuck, the more I type.... the more bitter I get.

Time to crack a cold one.

alonzohambugerjones

• Rep: 3
  • http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5sK5IyEANvg/TkMuXcaLsGI/
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2015, 05:49:29 PM »
can someone photoshop a lance crackers/nike collab

also

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2015, 06:52:30 PM »
Does p rod have a part in chronicles 3?

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2015, 05:26:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
nike gets a lot of hate for "buying" all the best guys but to be honest they actually do help support a lot of awesome skaters and give them better lives. �for real. �they don't have anyone whack on their team. �actually they have one of the least whack teams in all of skateboarding.

them sponsoring nyjah would make me jump full steam ahead on their hate wagon. �
[close]

Completely agree Ty. And the lesser known dudes are getting some Nike shine: Hjalte, Karsten, Brooker. There's a lot of raw talent on their team aside from the big dogs.
[close]

They sponsor / hook up more than 50% of the AM/semipro scene. I've been to several contests in Europe recently and it's always crazy how everyone rep Nike. So it's normal that they have some good guys who stand out when they actually own the majority of the scene. I think they sponsor too many skateboarders (who probably don't know each other) that their "unofficial" teams make no sense tbh.

I understand what you're saying to a degree, but I also look at it as a positive Nike is hooking those dudes up with shoes. It's one less thing they have to worry about and it is support. I never understood why people (not saying you, specifically) had a problem with Nike flowing so many people. Clearly those guys weren't getting hooked up from anyone else, so what are they supposed to say, no? I'm always hyped to see those raw dudes getting hooked up (Juras, Hjalte, Karsten, etc), and really hyped to see Brooker and Jones in VASE.

Roro1

• Rep: -38
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2015, 06:17:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
nike gets a lot of hate for "buying" all the best guys but to be honest they actually do help support a lot of awesome skaters and give them better lives. �for real. �they don't have anyone whack on their team. �actually they have one of the least whack teams in all of skateboarding.

them sponsoring nyjah would make me jump full steam ahead on their hate wagon. �
[close]

[close]

They sponsor / hook up more than 50% of the AM/semipro scene. I've been to several contests in Europe recently and it's always crazy how everyone rep Nike. So it's normal that they have some good guys who stand out when they actually own the majority of the scene. I think they sponsor too many skateboarders (who probably don't know each other) that their "unofficial" teams make no sense tbh.
[close]

I understand what you're saying to a degree, but I also look at it as a positive Nike is hooking those dudes up with shoes. It's one less thing they have to worry about and it is support. I never understood why people (not saying you, specifically) had a problem with Nike flowing so many people. Clearly those guys weren't getting hooked up from anyone else, so what are they supposed to say, no? I'm always hyped to see those raw dudes getting hooked up (Juras, Hjalte, Karsten, etc), and really hyped to see Brooker and Jones in VASE.

You're right and what you say is not in contradiction with my first answer. To put it simply, I'm stocked that these guys (and some more local talents) are getting some help but it sucks that it's done by Nike (for all what we know about Nike, their ethics, way to operate, intents...) but only them have the $$$ to do that.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 01:46:13 PM by Roro1 »

Bliz

• Rep: -35
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2015, 10:59:51 AM »
Does p rod have a part in chronicles 3?

He does not, and I don't understand why he wasn't in this lineup...hopefully he'll be in Chronicles 4?

slappykrooks

• Rep: -16
  • skate water chill
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2015, 11:17:09 AM »
this might sound corny as hell, but how much money are we talking about when big guys like Nyhja or P-rod sign into new companies? Millions?
<h3> skate drinkwater chill skate </h3>

virginsiloveem

• Rep: -11
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2015, 11:38:04 AM »
So pretty much dc had Nyah for not nearly as much money as you would expect because they signed him on a deal right when he was first coming back on element. So contract is running up Nike hits him with a fucked up deal for shoes and apparel, he hits dc to match it and they won't it's too crazy. So he'll be off ayc as well. Who cares.