Author Topic: "Murder Rap": tupac and biggie murder investigations  (Read 961 times)

franquietits

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 60
"Murder Rap": tupac and biggie murder investigations
« on: July 26, 2015, 07:17:09 AM »
An LAPD detective (Greg Kading) came out with this book "murder rap" a few years ago, heralded as being the closest explanation to solving the cold cases (I guess they're both connected in some way) & its finally being pushed into a documentary. I haven't read the actual book but in reading some articles and listening to some interviews it sounds convincing and I guess it's suppose to refute alot of the other popular theories out there. He investigated the case for 3 years between 06-08 (I think?), because Biggies mother tried suing LAPD for millions over the belief that lapd members were involved somehow. LAPD reopened the case around that time in order to curb having to pay out that much and take a hit, but it was closed after biggies mother withdrew cause it looked like they were complying. Bad part was LAPD decided to shelve it again after the threat of sue subsided. Detective Kading was really close to solving it judicially but he was put off assignment cause he messed up in some other case which was later concluded that the blame wasn't his. He left Lapd and self funded the book and finally some  doc info came out with a few trailers.

In short Puffy is responsible for brokering the hit on suge & tpac, while Suge also did to biggie. Thing is, the known triggermen in both shootings have since been dead through gang violence: Orlando "baby lane" Anderson (for the tupac slaying) & Wardell "Poochie" Fouse (for biggies), but other key witnesses connected to the murders have came forward with confessions that helped form the basis of 'Murder Rap'. As a part of criminal investigations where 1 figure with known insight gave up confessions cause he had other significant drug charges against him, so he let up on info in order to soften the blow of the drug ones. His name is "Keffe D" (present at the tupac shooting, who gave insight on puffy's involvement & happens to be Baby Lane's uncle). As for Suge's side, a woman who was his former gf and business partner had insight that Suge put out the hit on biggie and used her as a middle man to facilitate the hit.

It's pretty interesting. It's funny cause I started listening to these interviews and reading up on it a month ago out of interest/entertainment (which were all a few of years old) & an official trailer finally emerged a few days ago out of nowhere:
Murder Rap: Inside the Biggie and Tupac Murders - Official Trailer

here's other reading & interviews if you're interested: The follow up links in the la weekly ones are good.
http://www.laweekly.com/news/cops-book-says-sean-combs-suge-knight-ordered-tupac-and-biggie-killings-2172206
http://www.laweekly.com/music/time-to-close-the-book-on-the-tupac-and-biggie-murders-4575131

These audio interviews with the detective are good too:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsKYSGa8x5wHUY2PVdq9c-Q-2nchsEXCR

who knows if the documentary will have impact and be accepted through wider global opinion or what the implications will be once everyone sees it, but i'm excited for it.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: "Murder Rap": tupac and biggie murder investigations
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 09:19:47 AM »
down to watch this

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 02:52:20 AM »
Don't know if anyone's interested, but someone uploaded it. I think its only available overseas so far.

It's pretty convincing. Will history accept it though? It's hard to do away with long perceived conspiracies and theories revolving around moments in history most of the time.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 03:11:51 AM »
Just kinda half reading this thread but I guess the jist of it is , rashida jones killed both tupac and biggie ?

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 03:31:09 AM »
Just kinda half reading this thread but I guess the jist of it is , rashida jones killed both tupac and biggie ?

oh, no. haha. That thumbnail in the vid was just describing who Tupac was linked up with romantically at the time (quincy jones's daughter). I guess the night he was killed in Las Vegas he went to his hotelroom first to be with her, but she stayed behind.

The doc itself focuses a lot more on the investigative side of things (facts, names, connectives etc). It doesn't really delve into the legend of tupac or biggie as cultural icons at all.