Author Topic: That fucking dick that killed a lion  (Read 9021 times)

spungo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: That fucking dick that killed a lion
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2015, 07:16:46 AM »
Plenty of humans are shot and killed every day, but people get into a much larger uproar over a lion being shot.  It makes no sense to me.  Maybe I'm playing devil's advocate here, but didn't he pay $50,000 to do this which went toward conservation in the wildlife refuge?  That's how some of those parks are able to stay open, due to buttholes like this dentist paying large amounts of cash to kill animals.  
   There's places in Louisiana, Texas, probably elsewhere in the country where you can pay a ton of money to have guys in tuxedos wake you from your hotel room, put a gun in your hand and release a bunch of deer, turkey, (whatever animal satisfies your bloodlust) in front of you and you can pick them off.  They call it "hunting."  It happens ALL THE TIME but nobody seems to care.  
I bet more people care about the lion then the scores of children who die in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, all throughout Central America, Sinai, Gaza, Sudan, Nigeria, and plenty of other places the media never reports on.  It's sobering.
do more yoga!

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2015, 07:25:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
id say you are an asshole if you order cheeseburgers and tell someone who hunts for food theyre an asshole for hunting, for food

This whole public apology blood-lust shit right now is so weird, few actually care about the issues involved, they just want to see a guy grovel and move onto the next one on a completely unrelated issue  ??? like Jeremy Clarkson lol
[close]

Nah, usually I'd agree but, well, what are you actually defending here?

Being obtuse is great and all but at least Tracer has the decency to make it obvious he's trolling.

I'm more than skeptical about the media.

This is pretty black and white here.

[close]
Nothing! and definitely not the lion guy, just the fad of being outraged over super specific incidents and forgetting about it when no one listens/nothing happens or the guy cries. While completely ignoring the bigger encompassing issues that often lead to the outrages
[close]

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out to me. I wasn't aware of that at all.

Jesus, I have seen how stupid the world media is first hand when I was living in Tokyo during the 2009 earthquake/nuclear disaster.

So, if you are defending nothing, why not just shut up? I don't really need a lesson on the media or the evils of battery farming.
In the Threadmaster's office  :o, mummah will be ever so cross  :-[

abudabi

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2015, 07:38:54 AM »
what im getting out of this thread is that if this guy hadnt killed that lion, no one would kill chickens or people

edit: to be serious tho, spungo makes a good point, that one lion's death might have done a lot of good for a bunch of other animals
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 07:43:52 AM by abudabi »

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2015, 07:50:34 AM »
Here's an interesting article to put things in perspective.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/07/29/as-the-world-mourned-cecil-the-lion-five-of-kenyas-endangered-elephants-were-slain/

"Between 2010 and 2012, poachers killed more than 100,000 African elephants — a level of destruction that put the species on the road to extinction. Unlike many other animals, elephants mourn the death of their brethren, wrapping their trunks around the bones or carcasses of the deceased.

While the African lion population is also under threat, it is largely because their habitats are being destroyed by farmers and developers, not because the animals are hunted."

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2015, 07:58:00 AM »
what about the milf hutner

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2015, 09:15:57 AM »

Food yea not survival, they're killed because they taste better than lentils and grapefruits. If lions tasted like prime rib I'm sure we'd all be out in Zimbabwe hunting.

The vultures, hyenas and fleas are in for a feast.

I digress here, but there's no way raw primerib tastes better than a grapefruit. Raw lentils on the other hand, real toothbreakers.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2015, 10:05:11 AM »
Who gives a fuck about some tourist lion in Africa? I killed about 20 mosquitoes today only 5 got me, should there be a target on my back too? I fuckin murder wild animals every day of my life, and you should too.

I'm gonna shoot you with tracer rounds, get the irony?

Killing the king of the jungle is the pinnacle for a hunter. That photo is fucking badass, remember when Jason Ellis killed a shark then ate it's beating heart on some RDS trip? The PC world loves to rally behind the killing of cute endangered animals, but if you slaughter 10 000 chickens a day at the factory it gets no mention, only makes you hungry.

I had a nice steak tonight, cost almost 15 bucks but it's inside me now and that cow was thoroughly enjoyed

He actually addressed that in his book and said he was on drugs and alcohol and felt awful about it afterwards. Comparing killing a lion to killing of chicken and cows is apples and oranges.

Fuck this fucking fuck. I hope he gets sent to jail in Zimbabwe. Fuck sport hunting, if you want sport hunting go to a reservation with other hunting nuts and hunt each other. Now that's sport hunting!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:11:31 AM by posguy »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3317
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2015, 10:28:26 AM »
I don't get hunting. I eat meat. Can you handle it?

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2015, 10:33:16 AM »

He's a fucking hero, that's what.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2015, 10:47:07 AM »
Who could get behind hunting if it was done right? If you want to go kill a lion, go ahead but you get a spear and a machete to do it, no gun or bow.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2015, 11:03:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you nuts???, he's as sexist as it gets, he coerces mentally unstable( menopause) women into being sexually exploited, these women are victims of mid life crises and should not be allowed to legally consent in such a hormonal state

shark tits

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2015, 11:10:40 AM »
morrissey said i can be as condescending to you guys as i want since i went veggie 2 months ago. rusty and i were eating at the cult-y vegan joint down the bottom of my hill and there's a list of veggie celebrities on the wall followed by the rhetorical question 'why aren't you?'
rusty goes 'how do they know we're not?'
 i didn't have an answer for him so i just said 'oh, they know alright' but it pushed me in the right direction. the skater kid who works there posts some goofball ass stuff on fb. 'vegan gains' and a picture of some musclehead who's apparently strong in spite or because of veganing.
sad that they are trying to be as dumb as mainstream shit instead of being elitist dickheads.
speaking on the public's perception of hunting vs having illegals at the slaughterhouse do your killing for ya, in the yr of our lord 1999 me and the dirtnek were living in golden gate park alongside an ever changing cast of young bums in love.
a recovering SFSF [san francisco scumfuck] was in his christian/working for a living/living at the christian house phase and put on a kookout every sat by the horseshoe pits.
nek, this indian kid 'spooner' and a few more of us succesfully hunted 2 ducks w/ spears and rocks. we roasted them on a spit [retired bamboo spear] and repeated the hunt on a saturday morning.
the kookout was so less than receptive. punches were thrown, followed by bottles [missile style] and we, hunters in minority had to abscond from the scene all posthaste.
SFSF kids straight put down their burgers to fight me. shit was mad shtoops so we ate our duck elsewhere in the park [it's a big frickin park!] and for a period i kinda had to watch it around haight st.

abudabi

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2015, 12:25:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Are you nuts???, he's as sexist as it gets, he coerces mentally unstable( menopause) women into being sexually exploited, these women are victims of mid life crises and should not be allowed to legally consent in such a hormonal state
man what the hell

in most cases i cant back duck killing (ducks are rad) but if youre poor as shit, fair game i guess

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2015, 12:42:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
man what the hell

in most cases i cant back duck killing (ducks are rad) but if youre poor as shit, fair game i guess
Ducks taste good too, stark contrast from whats food in Europe to what's food in America.

DillAndKalis

• Rep: -1
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2015, 02:30:15 PM »
Outrage culture is getting stupid. I bet this guy, his friends, and his family all received a bunch of hate and death threats. Everybody wants this guys blood. He did something that as far as he knew was perfectly legal.

From NBC: "Zimbabwe's Professional Hunting Association is investigating the incident but has claimed it was a private safari and therefore not illegal. The Zimbabwean government disagrees, however, and arrested the hunting guide and land owner who were allegedly involved in the incident."

The government is probably going to try and fuck him over and they'll likely get away with it too because of all this outrage. Before we could just click on an article and shit all over somebody who we don't even know people usually had a few days to think about news they were given. Now after we've only read the headlines we're willing to give a guy the death penalty? Fuck that. If you don't like the guy, don't get your teeth fixed by him. Any punishment he gets in the United States would be bullshit.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2015, 02:40:01 PM »
Plenty of humans are shot and killed every day, but people get into a much larger uproar over a lion being shot.  It makes no sense to me.  Maybe I'm playing devil's advocate here, but didn't he pay $50,000 to do this which went toward conservation in the wildlife refuge?  That's how some of those parks are able to stay open, due to buttholes like this dentist paying large amounts of cash to kill animals.  
   There's places in Louisiana, Texas, probably elsewhere in the country where you can pay a ton of money to have guys in tuxedos wake you from your hotel room, put a gun in your hand and release a bunch of deer, turkey, (whatever animal satisfies your bloodlust) in front of you and you can pick them off.  They call it "hunting."  It happens ALL THE TIME but nobody seems to care.  
I bet more people care about the lion then the scores of children who die in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, all throughout Central America, Sinai, Gaza, Sudan, Nigeria, and plenty of other places the media never reports on.  It's sobering.

i want to argue but i don't think i can.

i think the lion is just something to talk about. if all we talked about were the humans being shot every day, we would be very depressed (not that that would be a bad thing to be depressed about, but it's harder to do something about it). maybe it has to do with the fact that the dentist is from the US, so we can actually go harass him, whereas if it was some Indian guy we would probably just shrug it off. plus lions are endangered and whatnot, so it's just a rage multiplier.

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2015, 03:06:06 PM »
If you want to get upset with the dentist, get upset about the endangered white rhino he killed a couple of years ago.
do more yoga!

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2015, 03:23:40 PM »
I've never been hunting but I heard most hunters don't even fuck the animal after they kill it? The whole thing just seems so wasteful to me but then again I'm an animal lover.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2015, 03:29:52 PM »
did u forget ur password or something^
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2015, 04:32:14 PM »
I deleted my account in a drunken "get my shit together" fit, made a new one last night and then when I went to sign in today accidentally typed in this one and I guess it just automatically remade it for me. Pretty cool.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2015, 04:49:05 PM »
Wanted to chime in on this , ill list the points by number just so its easier to keep track of replying to them

1: If you are not a vegan or vegetarian its very hard for you to complain about hunting . Heck even veggies being farmed kills animals and harvesting them often kills small animals and buggs .

2: Most people today are so ditched from where meat and fish come from . They just pick it up from the store or ready cooked and dont have to deal with killing or cooking animals . Alot of people today cant even touch raw meat fish or bird casue they think its discussing .

3: If you think hunting is so horrible go down to your local farm and see how they treat the animals , if that doesnt shock you enough go down to your local slaughter house . Its disturbing .I know alot of farms today are treating their animals super good and they have good lifes . Alot of slaughter houses do a good job too . But the majority is pretty fucking Auschwitz looking

4: Most animals that are hunted have never even seen a animal until they get shot . They live their whole lives in freedom doing what they want and being happy . Not many animals die from old age either ,they get eaten by other animals . A animal living in freedom and getting shot by a hunter is far better then being in farm most of the time .  Population of animals needs to be kept down . Deer are dangerous for traffic , so they need to be kept down in numbers , not shooting them means u need predators , which might lead to too many predators which will cause starvation for them and dangerous for humans

5: Without the hunting farms in Africa alot of the animals prob would have been extinct already , The need they feed of people wanting to hunt the animals brings in money for them to help the animals and helps to keep the parks and rangers in business .
Its seems counter intuitive that having rich white people go down to shoot the animal keeps the animals alive

but the hunting actually keeps them alive

6: Cecil the lion was bated and the killing was illegal . Eveybody involved should be trailed and convicted

7: people today in social media love this shit , they want to pretend they care about comedians making bad jokes , people doing wrong things and animals getting shot . Tweeting or pressing like wont save the animals . People hate on hunting and then go down to burger king .

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2015, 05:13:38 PM »
Wanted to chime in on this , ill list the points by number just so its easier to keep track of replying to them

1: If you are not a vegan or vegetarian its very hard for you to complain about hunting . Heck even veggies being farmed kills animals and harvesting them often kills small animals and buggs .

2: Most people today are so ditched from where meat and fish come from . They just pick it up from the store or ready cooked and dont have to deal with killing or cooking animals . Alot of people today cant even touch raw meat fish or bird casue they think its discussing .

3: If you think hunting is so horrible go down to your local farm and see how they treat the animals , if that doesnt shock you enough go down to your local slaughter house . Its disturbing .I know alot of farms today are treating their animals super good and they have good lifes . Alot of slaughter houses do a good job too . But the majority is pretty fucking Auschwitz looking

4: Most animals that are hunted have never even seen a animal until they get shot . They live their whole lives in freedom doing what they want and being happy . Not many animals die from old age either ,they get eaten by other animals . A animal living in freedom and getting shot by a hunter is far better then being in farm most of the time .  Population of animals needs to be kept down . Deer are dangerous for traffic , so they need to be kept down in numbers , not shooting them means u need predators , which might lead to too many predators which will cause starvation for them and dangerous for humans

5: Without the hunting farms in Africa alot of the animals prob would have been extinct already , The need they feed of people wanting to hunt the animals brings in money for them to help the animals and helps to keep the parks and rangers in business .
Its seems counter intuitive that having rich white people go down to shoot the animal keeps the animals alive

but the hunting actually keeps them alive

6: Cecil the lion was bated and the killing was illegal . Eveybody involved should be trailed and convicted

7: people today in social media love this shit , they want to pretend they care about comedians making bad jokes , people doing wrong things and animals getting shot . Tweeting or pressing like wont save the animals . People hate on hunting and then go down to burger king .

Agree with Everything, except I think your claims on #4-5...you have no scientific proof or evidence that animals can extinct each other because of the hierarchy of the food chain.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2015, 05:18:17 PM »
You don't need to be on a desert island.

You can be anywhere in the world today and with your knowledge of this world, logically, which could you justify killing?

Thanks frip! In all honesty I think the lion, being a predator and all, would probably eat me AND the chicken before I even had the chance to contemplate such a complex conundrum. He wouldn't be a pussy (he he) about it either; no oils, no herbs, none of this cooking shit. Just straight-up raw paleo son!

What I will say is that I'm glad that people are outraged about this topic, they should be. Now they just have to connect the rest of the dots...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 05:23:20 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2015, 05:20:08 PM »
I used to work in the meat department of a grocery store and one of the butchers there hunted but that's just normal from where I'm from. Big "hunting culture" up here in New England. One of my buddies from Elementary school posted a picture online a few months ago of a hunting trip out in Wyoming or Montana where 3 generations of his family had shot some wild boars and let me tell you these things were fucking huge. Think a mid sized bear with a snout. I've never seen anything like it, that said he didn't share any of that wild boar bacon with me. I've tried the whole vegan thing. I was vegan for a few years in my teens and it's just not for me. I even refused a ride from a farmer because of the conditions he kept his cows at his place one time. I'm not seriously into eating beef even still to this day. I'll have it a couple times a year. Maybe a nice flat iron steak. I do prefer free range chicken.

kingpinuser

• Rep: 54
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2015, 05:23:12 PM »
I grew up around Hunting but choose strongly not to do it myself, but all the hunters that are my friends do it right by using the animal for food after. I even have one friend who would track a herd for months and then when hunting season starts he would kill the weakest of the herd so not to damage the herd too much.

To kill any animal for the sport of it is wasteful. Baiting animals seems unfair as i know some bait bears for months putting a bag of donuts down in a area and then once the season starts they wait for the bear to come back and shoot it. Knowing the animal is going to be brought right in front of you is not hunting, and i know hunters who find this lazy approach the reason hunting gets such a negative tag.

Eat what you kill and hunt the animal never bait, giving some advantage back to the animal.  

This guy is not going to be able to live the life he has had....being world news must be a giant kick in the balls, good luck you fucking baiter...

shark tits

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2015, 05:26:41 PM »
scott bourne hunts w/ his bare hands and a small jackknife

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2015, 05:34:16 PM »
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2015, 05:45:33 PM »
scott bourne hunts w/ his bare hands and a small jackknife

I thought he hunted with his typewriter in paris ???
I'm reading his book at the moment. Scott was also vegan/ sXe for many years, wonder if he is outraged about the death of a lion?
Maybe it's nostalgia but I honestly can't hate on Scott Bourne

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2015, 06:17:03 PM »
id say you are an asshole if you order cheeseburgers and tell someone who hunts for food theyre an asshole for hunting, for food

This whole public apology blood-lust shit right now is so weird, few actually care about the issues involved, they just want to see a guy grovel and move onto the next one on a completely unrelated issue  ??? like Jeremy Clarkson lol
When ramen costs 25 cents a bag, no one in our society hunts out of absolute necessity for food. If it was an African bushman, then it may be a different story. But no, it was some rich white asshole from Minneapolis who had no logical need to do this, other than it seemed cool.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2015, 06:20:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
When ramen costs 25 cents a bag, no one in our society hunts out of absolute necessity for food. If it was an African bushman, then it may be a different story. But no, it was some rich white asshole from Minneapolis who had no logical need to do this, other than it seemed cool.

Don't bring ramen into this!