Author Topic: The shitty truck thread  (Read 27808 times)

franquietits

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 60
Re: The shitty truck thread
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2015, 08:12:21 PM »
I had neon green phantoms with the shock pad on them once in my teens. I actually progressed on them a little bit, but years later I set up a hand me down for friend and threw em on & they felt pretty bad (probably was the bushing).

Wouldn't post if I was getting them myself, but i cant:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Independent-Trucks-139-Stage-7-Og-Vintage-Skateboard-/381324255051?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58c8b25f4b

they look like a solid rare find   

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2015, 11:54:35 PM »
 I always had problems with every truck I owned but I stick with Indies.

Destructo: My first trucks. Broke in a year while learning crooked grinds. The metal ring that divides upper and bottom bushing broke. Many friends had problems with these mostly breaking the hanger.

Venture: I got a pair after the destructos. After 6 month baseplate broke. A friend gave me another, then kigpin broke within a week. I replaced the kigpin then baseplate broke again in a few weeks.... I threw them away.

Indies stage 9: Even though I liked them, baseplate broke after a year. Then a friend gave me baseplate and It broke after another year. I still have the hangers and I may use them if my current trucks break. I also rode a pair of 149s but I couldnt always find a board bigger than 8.1 and I sold them after a year of riding them.

Indies stage 10: When I bought them I didnt notice the lack of clearance between hanger and kigpin. Then I was bummed. I actually did a modification I bought loose bushings and I tightened my trucks so that the kigpins stick out and then I cut the kigpins with the help of a metalsmith. Keep in mind that I am tall and heavier than most dudes so I have to tighten my trucks more to experience the same looseness with smaller dudes. Then I kept them until the extra clearance disappeared I think 1.5 years after that. Then a kigpin broke and I stopped riding them as I had some thunders

Thunders hollows: This was a present from a girl. I always wanted to try them and she bought them during a trip in NY. She asked my friends about Size etc. WORST TRUCK I EVER HAD. Even though the turning was similar to indies and I set them up at the same tightness the amount of wheelbite was underable. I put some risers as those were lows but nothing changed. I sold them to a kid in less than a week.

My present pair of trucks is yet another modification. I got a pair of indie lows baseplates from a friend then I cut some bushings shorter and I used the hangers from my Stage 10s. This way I gained a lot of clearance between kigpin and hanger and I rode them for another 2 years. However the axle slips and soon will be visible.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 975
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2015, 10:54:47 AM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2015, 12:55:55 AM »

hahaha I remember that and thinking to myself (for maybe a total of 3 seconds) that seems like a cool idea but yeah ...

Tracker had some shockers didn't they? Remember Tracker aggros? *shudders*
Or what about those all plastic looking ones they did back in the 80's vert days?

My worst pair was probably a brand called "San Diego Trucks"
Remember when super indie brands like Milk and Acme etc. seemed cool in 92? Yeah well I splurged on a pair of these trucks and they were terrible...
What about the whole floating axle gimmick? LOL

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Joeleo

• Rep: 0
    • Channel avatar image
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2015, 07:06:17 AM »
ACE trucks have not been good to me, they bend and my front trucks axel has shifted to the left and the right side is short now  :-\

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2015, 08:35:14 AM »
ACE trucks have not been good to me, they bend and my front trucks axel has shifted to the left and the right side is short now  :-\

[email protected] for warranty info

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2015, 08:43:19 AM »
When I was a kid I had those Tensors with the wax in the baseplates and they basically disintegrated.

ZEBRA

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2015, 12:13:36 PM »
I had neon green phantoms with the shock pad on them once in my teens. I actually progressed on them a little bit, but years later I set up a hand me down for friend and threw em on & they felt pretty bad (probably was the bushing).

Wouldn't post if I was getting them myself, but i cant:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Independent-Trucks-139-Stage-7-Og-Vintage-Skateboard-/381324255051?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58c8b25f4b

they look like a solid rare find   

Someone tell Geoff Rowley. I think he only skates those exclusively.

Only trucks I never cared for were some Royal's I had when I was younger. Didn't skate them for a long time before the kingpin broke. Only trucks I've ever broke the kingpin.

Venture's were good. I used to only skate Thunder's and loved them. That's until I got some Indy's.

I really like my stage 11... I got the forged ones so i dont have the additional height problem.
The 9's are indeed the worst, my friends had some reynolds (the white and gold ones) and they were shitty, cracked baseplates and slipping axle in no time... But the 9 lows were some nightmare shit, other friend of mine had the koston's (black and gold) and they were bad in every way possible!

Those Koston low's were the first set of Indy's I had. I loved them. Only reason they didn't last longer is cause the bushings blew out and the local shop that had opened up in my town didn't have any replacement bushings. I've been Indy ever since though.

Had a set of Ace's before, too. They seemed good, but I never really got to skate them cause I had a bad knee then and only skated once in a blue moon. Ended up selling my board.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2015, 12:21:36 PM »
silvers 100% suq nuts

ZEBRA

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2015, 12:59:32 AM »
silvers 100% suq nuts

I forgot I had a set of Silver's before. Yes, they did "suq nuts".

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2015, 01:13:14 AM »
I think I had some pacer trucks with plastic base plates. Not too sure though, I'm still going through therapy to try and forget...
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2015, 01:36:29 AM »
Ventures I found were fucking shit to put your bolts in. Like a normal skate tool doesnt work on one half
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

ZEBRA

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2015, 01:46:27 AM »
Ventures I found were fucking shit to put your bolts in. Like a normal skate tool doesnt work on one half

Yeah, you would think they would fix that shit over the years, but no.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2015, 10:53:22 AM »
Also Indies have shit washers. Mine bent in a few months resulting in a looser truck. Now I have some destructo washers on my indies, they are twice as thick and they havent been bent for 5 years.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2015, 04:24:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pretty fucking annoying really, Thunders are pretty similar int his regard but not as bad as Venture.

dillanharp

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2015, 04:30:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Pretty fucking annoying really, Thunders are pretty similar int his regard but not as bad as Venture.

It's not that bad... Take the hanger off if it's that hard for you.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1576
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2015, 05:51:37 PM »
Is Indys warranty good for axel slip??? 

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2015, 05:58:56 PM »
i had a venture kingpin snap right in hlf on flat doing a kickflip

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2015, 08:23:30 PM »
Is Indys warranty good for axel slip??? 

Yes. email them.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2019, 01:22:45 AM »

Destructo: My first trucks. Broke in a year while learning crooked grinds. The metal ring that divides upper and bottom bushing broke. Many friends had problems with these mostly breaking the hanger.

Venture: I got a pair after the destructos. After 6 month baseplate broke. A friend gave me another, then kigpin broke within a week. I replaced the kigpin then baseplate broke again in a few weeks.... I threw them away.

Indies stage 9: Even though I liked them, baseplate broke after a year. Then a friend gave me baseplate and It broke after another year. I still have the hangers and I may use them if my current trucks break. I also rode a pair of 149s but I couldnt always find a board bigger than 8.1 and I sold them after a year of riding them.

Indies stage 10: When I bought them I didnt notice the lack of clearance between hanger and kigpin. Then I was bummed. I actually did a modification I bought loose bushings and I tightened my trucks so that the kigpins stick out and then I cut the kigpins with the help of a metalsmith. Keep in mind that I am tall and heavier than most dudes so I have to tighten my trucks more to experience the same looseness with smaller dudes. Then I kept them until the extra clearance disappeared I think 1.5 years after that. Then a kigpin broke and I stopped riding them as I had some thunders

Thunders hollows: This was a present from a girl. I always wanted to try them and she bought them during a trip in NY. She asked my friends about Size etc. WORST TRUCK I EVER HAD. Even though the turning was similar to indies and I set them up at the same tightness the amount of wheelbite was underable. I put some risers as those were lows but nothing changed. I sold them to a kid in less than a week.

My present pair of trucks is yet another modification. I got a pair of indie lows baseplates from a friend then I cut some bushings shorter and I used the hangers from my Stage 10s. This way I gained a lot of clearance between kigpin and hanger and I rode them for another 2 years. However the axle slips and soon will be visible.
You act like a year isn't a long time lol. I had a pair stage 9s and broke the baseplate on the first day I got them doing a front 180 down a 4 stair.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2019, 02:48:03 AM »
From what I skated: Orion and Ventures.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2019, 03:31:57 AM »
tensor lows with the slider plate and a shitty pair of biebel silver trucks.

some of the kids who skate with us have shitty unbranded trucks or random ones like bullet, enuff or fracture (cheap shitty uk brands) etc and they feel awful too.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2019, 04:31:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You act like a year isn't a long time lol. I had a pair stage 9s and broke the baseplate on the first day I got them doing a front 180 down a 4 stair.

Really excited to check back in another 4 years for the response.

clintendo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2019, 06:49:46 AM »
Theeve CSX V3. Garbage! Quality was just terrible, axles weren't the same diameter on both sides. Grind like shit too.

Yeah there were definitely some teething issues with those trucks, the latest CSX releases (especially the CSX Hollows) have taken note of those issues, especially the grinding as I believe they changed the cast formula. I have a set now I’ve been on for a month and they’re out performing the Tiax’s

To chuck something into the mix, I had 3 sets of stage 11 Indy’s axel slip, could of been a bad run but even the standards as well 😑
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 04:29:43 AM by clintendo »

Heywoodfloyd

• Rep: 13
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2019, 07:30:44 AM »
Ruckus trucks out of Tum Yeto. Had two pairs because they were cheap and i was a fan of Jason Adams at the time(the kid had a model with six guns and cowboy skulls on them)

Broke baseplates, hangers and a kingpin, ended up with a frankensteined set made up of shit from 4 trucks.
Bought some Ventures after a couple of months.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2019, 07:35:32 AM »
i had some silvers and they didn't turn at all, the stock bushings are like hard plastic. i swapped them for some bones bushings and they still wouldn't turn, so i made them as loose as i could to finally get them to turn, and they kinda did, but they were still pretty bad. there was almost no kingpin clearance and they bent overtime.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2019, 10:07:18 PM »
stage 8s best Indys, still have a pretty new set that I'm probably never going to skate

same.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Lord Quas

• Rep: 18
  • enter the liquid realm
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2019, 11:29:33 PM »
The title shoulda been Tensor: the thread. Anyone remember the ones with the lil’ plastic slide enhancer bits you’d have to replace after 5 nose/tailslides?

I fell for the marketing.

Quote from: GAY
I've never broken a board and it's a bigger source of shame for me and my family than my homosexuality.

Lord HuMongo

• Rep: 0
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2019, 04:31:37 AM »
Yeah I bought a set of silver's when they first came out because I liked the idea of the little axle thread protectors, that's the main reason I would have to stop using trucks back in the day before I knew you could rethread things.

Both hangers cracked within a day or 2 so I rang the shop who said they'd had a bad batch, I'm guessing they'd had quite a few returned.

Ended up exchanging them for some fury's.
There has been too much violence, too much pain. None here are without sin. But I have an honorable compromise. Just roll away. Just roll away, I will give you safe passage in the wasteland. Just roll away and there will be an end to the horror. JUST ROLL AWAY.

Italianshredder96

• Rep: 8
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2019, 04:40:44 AM »
Krux 8.5 k4 and tensor mag light 8.38 the old ones...both of them don't turn no matter what bushings, pivot cup, board...worst trucks I've ever had for sure.