Author Topic: Now's the time to support your local or skater owned shops  (Read 2469 times)

Peepeeboy69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
Re: Now's the time to support your local or skater owned shops
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2020, 12:29:49 PM »
Werd up.

I don't got a bank card or anything like that.

Rn this is the best I can do. I put them everywhere.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Love orchard so much. Ordered a deck and grip from them last weekend and they threw in some goodies for me too.

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2020, 08:19:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Idk last 2 times I went they cool guy'd me pretty hard
[close]
Skate shops with shitty vibes are so fucking discouraging.

That's how my local was. Skate contests at a warehouse where the address wasn't published and you had to be friends with a person involved. Cold ass demeanor when I go in. Shitty entitlement on their instagram about how everyone needs to support them because they're a "core shop.", despite them having a weak ass selection most times.  Making it seem like some giant hassle when I walk in to look at shit cause then they have to stop skating out front. The whole shop is a big clique and very blatantly uninviting when I walked in. Funny thing is, tons of other people I know say the same thing. If you aren't known  by them and hangout there, they act like they're doing you some huge favor.

That being said, I just try to support other shops around the state I live in. Just because my (former) local sucks super bad doesn't mean I need to go to zumiez or anything.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1927
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2020, 08:24:08 AM »
Picked up some Bones wheels, Bones bushings, a 15 year old brand newBueno deck that was hiding under cleaning supplies and 2 packs of Marvel trading cards from 1994. This shop is a treasure trove of old stuff while also having the slimmest pickings of new skate stuff - FFS they only sell Powell pro boards and mini logo boards. Still love them.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2020, 04:16:05 PM »
Dropped 100 bucks on stuff I didn’t need at my local. The homie said business was doing good due to the army base shutting down and the parks are still open... worried about eminent shutdown though. I hope they survive if so.