Author Topic: Where's good in europe to go on a solo skate mission?  (Read 2138 times)

bigrigbutters

Where's good in europe to go on a solo skate mission?
« on: May 06, 2019, 01:15:03 PM »
I'd like to get out of the UK for a few days and check out a new country/city. I like the idea of finding a city with lots of DIY/spots so I could go session a couple of new places each day.

Any recommendations? Barca/Copenhagen are only two I can think of at the moment, but must be loads...

redcurb12

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 29
Re: Where's good in europe to go on a solo skate mission?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 01:44:41 PM »
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 01:36:42 AM »
Prague is awesome and cheap, Stalin plaza is fucking nice. There are some DIY's here and there but to get to them usually takes like 1 hour
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 02:20:52 PM »
Looking to do something similar to this for about a week this summer. Anyone have good recommendations for places more off the beaten path? Access to good skating would be nice but it's not a dealbreaker

bigrigbutters

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 01:01:09 AM »
Cheers for the help guys

I think I'm looking at Barcelona or Prague at this point. I went to Prague when I was 18 so it'd be nice to go back, although Barca will definitely have better weather. Copenhagen will happen in July with some friends!

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 01:28:08 PM »
Looking to do something similar to this for about a week this summer. Anyone have good recommendations for places more off the beaten path? Access to good skating would be nice but it's not a dealbreaker
In Germany there are some cities besides Berlin which are definitely worth a visit. I like Cologne for its good skateparks and laid back atmosphere. Night life is good too. I don't know if it is because it is the center of the creative industry, but there seem to be more young women in that city than in any other German city I have visited. All these parks are located in Cologne:

Go to Frankfurt for alot of good street spots.

and a huge concrete skatepark

Go to Hannover for the best DIY in Germany:

Stuttgart is also a great city to skate. Lots of good street spots.

Just a few examples of good skate cities in Germany. Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Cologne and Hanover are only a few hours by car from each other. I am German and I think Berlin is nice, but apart from it being the center of the skate scene (all the skate media is there) I don't think it is the best city to skate in Germany. The best skateparks and street spots in Germany are definitely not located in Berlin. 

truthislie

• Rep: 55
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 11:51:30 PM »
Vienna. Smooth ground and you can skate from spot to spot. For spots further out there is a very good public tansport system.

https://viennaskatespots.wordpress.com/

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 03:42:14 AM »
Lyon. City is epic.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 02:06:22 AM »
Cheers for the help guys

I think I'm looking at Barcelona or Prague at this point. I went to Prague when I was 18 so it'd be nice to go back, although Barca will definitely have better weather. Copenhagen will happen in July with some friends!
If you're in Prague let me know so we can share a session
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -8
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2019, 12:20:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
In Germany there are some cities besides Berlin which are definitely worth a visit. I like Cologne for its good skateparks and laid back atmosphere. Night life is good too. I don't know if it is because it is the center of the creative industry, but there seem to be more young women in that city than in any other German city I have visited. All these parks are located in Cologne:

Just a few examples of good skate cities in Germany. Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Cologne and Hanover are only a few hours by car from each other. I am German and I think Berlin is nice, but apart from it being the center of the skate scene (all the skate media is there) I don't think it is the best city to skate in Germany. The best skateparks and street spots in Germany are definitely not located in Berlin.

Great list. I'd like to add Leipzig as well. Being part of the former GDR, it's cheaper and there's a bigger underground scene than in the other places. That park in Hannover is sick, but apart from that, Hannover is boring as fuck.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 01:24:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Great list. I'd like to add Leipzig as well. Being part of the former GDR, it's cheaper and there's a bigger underground scene than in the other places. That park in Hannover is sick, but apart from that, Hannover is boring as fuck.

yeah, it always felt to me that there are only few street spots.
and cologne is kinda hard as well. there is a lot of stuff, butseems to be just very sprinkled all over the city and not much plaza like spots like in berlin (Dom Plaza excluded) so going on your own would lead to skate parks mostly i guess (?).