Author Topic: Skating tranny in later skate years  (Read 14151 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Skating tranny in later skate years
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2015, 06:01:36 PM »
Old, basically.  You can call me whatever you want for skating what I skate.  I'm in a total majority. That is what I ilustrated and you cant argue with that.  Yes you are more of a man than me for rolling in (you better be able to roll in on vert to talk all that  smack i wont do it but i have done it)  Have some respect for the vast majority.

Thats who skates in huge numbers (and all fucking week unlike bowl weekend warrior fuckos)     It sucks to see money get wasted when skaters could have parks they wanted instead of the bmx bowls
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:08:29 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

ohhgreenworld

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2015, 10:47:38 AM »
I could see how people would not wanna learn to skate transition because for whatever reason, that's alright. But you're saying "Fuck Bowls" in skate park. That simply does not make sense. Skateparks were originally built with only tranny. Then over time, it evolved to include everything, so there was this variety that people could choose what they wanted to skate.

You're additionally implying that it should be an all street plaza style skatepark because apparently most kids skate only street. Where the fuck would you find a bowl or quarter in the street? Its would be pretty dam difficult is the answer. If you wanna skate street so bad, go out and skate the legitimate street? That's what it's mimicking in the first place.

People who like to skate bowls and shit have to go to skatepark, because that's the only place that has them (excluding backyard pools).
But don't be complaining because the builders used all that cement to build a bowl in the corner of your park, when you could easily skate street anywhere.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2015, 07:00:01 PM »
So ur justifying spending hundreds thousands, public funds, to build bowls that 20 skateboarders might use a week by saying, "hey cities with streets exist already, why are you complaining?" -dude c'mon. And "where the fuk is someone going to skate a bowl if the city doesn't build one?!" - shit, I don't care.  (If u r towns bowl has tons of people skating that's a freak occurrence.) I'm just calling a spade a spade.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 07:14:57 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2015, 10:16:55 AM »
there are people that say "fuck bowls" nowadays?  i could understand if Menikmati just came out, but come on

Xtal

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2015, 04:03:27 PM »
Growing up it was all about street, and I sucked at it. Thankfully my best friend's dad, who was originally from Cali, taught us a lot about the roots of skateboarding. Tons of awesome stories and old VHS vert/tranny footy to back it up. Don't get me wrong, street skating is amazing in its own respect, but for me transition is where it's at. No matter what age you are, when you need to learn/relearn your board control and balance there's no better place than a proper concrete park or bowl. From there you can start bombing hills, powersliding, and gettin' your slappy on.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 02:46:39 AM by Xtal »

ohhgreenworld

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2015, 03:04:39 PM »
So ur justifying spending hundreds thousands, public funds, to build bowls that 20 skateboarders might use a week by saying, "hey cities with streets exist already, why are you complaining?" -dude c'mon. And "where the fuk is someone going to skate a bowl if the city doesn't build one?!" - shit, I don't care.  (If u r towns bowl has tons of people skating that's a freak occurrence.) I'm just calling a spade a spade.

I'm not sure where you live, but every time I have ever been to any park, anywhere, any state, the bowls and transition always have kids skating them. Often times, I give up trying to get my run in because it's so crowed. So the fact that you're saying it's a freak occurrence makes me laugh.

And you're trying to say I don't have respect. You hate bowls, while I love everything..  ::)

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2015, 08:26:21 AM »
   If your bowls are well used (cant see it being as crowded as the street section - would'nt buy that for a second) then sure, sorry about the "respect" comment.  I live in Canada and from what I've seen coast to coast is busy street sections and mostly empty ass vert bowl stuff.  Maybe you live in dogtown or somthing.

ohhgreenworld

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2015, 08:33:20 AM »
  If your bowls are well used (cant see it being as crowded as the street section - would'nt buy that for a second) then sure, sorry about the "respect" comment.  I live in Canada and from what I've seen coast to coast is busy street sections and mostly empty ass vert bowl stuff.  Maybe you live in dogtown or somthing.

surfs up brah

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2015, 07:56:07 PM »
I've been to parks where dudes can't fakie rock without clipping their front truck but can back lip a 7 stair rail and I've skated tranny parks where the gnarliest guy could barely ollie on flat, let alone flip a board. Neither are ideal. Honestly, the park design can go a long way towards making both disciplines appealing and accessible.

skateronaut

• Rep: -5
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2016, 10:07:21 AM »
skateronaut.com

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2016, 10:11:05 AM »

You won't be able to jump down 10 stairs all your life. Better start cruising some tranny here and there now, so youll be able to have more fun when you're older and more mature