Author Topic: Frying anxiety  (Read 3141 times)

ice nine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Frying anxiety
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2015, 03:28:44 PM »
my grampa always called Friday 'chinese air force day'

u know cuz they say 'flyday'
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2015, 03:40:51 PM »
The good airlines make it easy, free drinks the whole way. Popout tablets for movies

I'm way more afraid of sitting beside another obese American, or having crying children in the isle.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2015, 05:43:27 PM »
Try Xanax. I developed a bit of anxiety for flying a few years ago and being 6'4 does not help. I was offered Xanax from a friend and I split the bar into 4 pieces, one for each round of flying. Have a couple beers in the airport, order a couple on the plane and good luck giving a fuck about crashing and dying. Everything is very peaceful. This is also why I've never tried taking xanax other than for flying...shit is way too awesome.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2015, 09:38:13 PM »
The good airlines make it easy, free drinks the whole way. Popout tablets for movies

I'm way more afraid of sitting beside another obese American, or having crying children in the isle.
man i flew JetBlue and them dudes wanted 9 dollars for a can of bud light. i one time was on a plane with a fat preacher who had his collar and black shirt on the whole flight. i should've asked him where heaven was up in the clouds we're flying through.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2015, 06:46:38 AM »

Air India had a projector screen for the movies that had a rip in it (the pull down shit), the toilet sink had a patched up hole in it and they gave you two beers from the off (without a request). I could never get on that bucket again!
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2015, 07:26:50 AM »
Driving on a highway is much more frightening.  In the last year I know of someone who had a heart attack (died) and crashed into several vehicles and another story of a girl getting cut off on a highway, flipping over the median and pretty much scalping herself (survived).  The second story I think of pretty often and have to change lanes sometimes because I think a car might randomly fly over the median.  Also, every single day I pass the below sign that reminds me I could be added to the yearly death tally.

DMH

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2015, 08:41:21 AM »
I'm flying for my second time ever and first time by myself next week. Anxiety is already kind of high because of not being totally familiar with how an airport works, but I'm also taking the cheapest shittiest flight I could find to save money, so I don't necessarily feel entitled to the assurance of my safety. I hope US Airways feels differently.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2015, 09:09:46 AM »
Driving on a highway is much more frightening.  In the last year I know of someone who had a heart attack (died) and crashed into several vehicles and another story of a girl getting cut off on a highway, flipping over the median and pretty much scalping herself (survived).  The second story I think of pretty often and have to change lanes sometimes because I think a car might randomly fly over the median.  Also, every single day I pass the below sign that reminds me I could be added to the yearly death tally.

Yeah, I don't drive. I don't have a license and never really care to learn. I don't need a car.

I know what you're saying but it is similar to being scared of snakes, spiders or heights (I get paralysed by heights too).

I'm not sure why it has become so much worse but the nosedive didn't help. Try it and see. It was instant chaos, plummeting toward the ground. Like a roller coaster 30,000 feet in the air. There is no brace position, you're fucked.

I get the rational of your argument, it is becoming more of a phobia.

Did anyone see the supposed footage of the passengers when that pilot dived into a mountain recently?

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2015, 11:09:47 PM »
As you get older...you get weirder....sure you might get better at hiding it but.....