Author Topic: Bs 5-0's heel brake  (Read 3664 times)

Tufty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
Bs 5-0's heel brake
« on: August 13, 2015, 09:11:20 PM »
 I do them for years but I do them so awkwardly that I rarely do them anymore. The problem is that I cant do any long ones or good looking ones because my heel is always dragging on the ledge and I end up slowing down. Any tip?

shark tits

Re: Bs 5-0's heel brake
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 09:58:24 PM »
i don't do them manual which would be a solution but even though my tail is dragging my toe is on the board so my heel is in the air. i sort of envy yours cause it'd help me do hubbas and stuff. i can't really noseslide heel brake but have managed to finagle that trick down hubbas somehow some way.
so yeah, either manual or stand on your toe where you live, now skate north. think about long back 5-0s and wonder why you haven't before.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 02:36:33 AM »
My ledge game ain't nothing to write home about, but back 5-0 is one I know how to do somewhat well. I pretty much just ollie on and pretend I'm about to do a manual on a manual pad, lock my back truck on and they just work. I used to be able to balance them no problem but these days I get lazy and usually just scrape the tail all the way through.
Front 5-0 on the other hand is one I've always had trouble with. The pretend to manual thing doesn't work for me on them. For some reason I always lean outwards too much on them and lose them right when I get on. I pretty much have to lock in completely perfect and lean on them just right to even grind one and maybe land it, otherwise I just lean out too much and lose them the second I get on the curb or ledge.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 01:36:26 PM »
If I'm leaning back to where it's pretty much a straight vertical line from my foot to shoulder, that's when I heel drag. If I poke it out in front of me a little I don't drag the heel . I don't feel as stable doing it like that, and I fall more often but it looks cooler and the results are better. Grinds faster and longer and is more satisfying.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 12:08:55 AM »
Mentioning this just says you can't trick out of a 5-0. Shuvit out is legit heel down or not, same with flips.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 03:20:38 AM »
Suski it out and there will be no heel drag

Spicasaurus

• Rep: -39
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 02:58:53 PM »
shuv-it out of a b/s 5-0 is definitely not legit, and I agree with Baron that if I'm being lazy and not trying to manual them I usually Suski them out a bit and they lock pretty well, otherwise it always feels like you need the heel drag or they get super squirrely on you.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 03:01:39 PM by Spicasaurus »

chilllyboy

• Rep: -10
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 09:08:29 AM »
shuv-it out of a b/s 5-0 is definitely not legit,

Is this true? What about Frontside 5-0?? Are we talking back shuv or front shuv. Have I been kooking it this whole time ???

Damnit people I need answers!

Spicasaurus

• Rep: -39
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 08:58:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is this true? What about Frontside 5-0?? Are we talking back shuv or front shuv. Have I been kooking it this whole time ???

Yes it's true, fs 5-0 to fs shuv out is alright though.

Skate Mongrol

• Rep: 0
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 10:40:57 AM »
stop using your heel and keep your foot on the board. Also check out shredditapp for more info and a source to post.
Check it out and let me know if this source helps.

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 10:49:06 PM »
stop using your heel and keep your foot on the board. Also check out shredditapp for more info and a source to post.
Check it out and let me know if this source helps.

no one wants to use your shitty app

shit_for_brains

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 01:40:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wait, why not? First I'm not supposed to do varial flips, now I can't shuv out of a bs 5-0? Fuck you I'm doing it. I'm going to varial flip out of one.