Author Topic: We Are Blood.  (Read 31768 times)

Glue Reed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
Re: We Are Blood.
« Reply #180 on: August 28, 2015, 11:10:54 AM »
just out of curiosity is there a decent amount of Omar footage in this?  If there is I'd consider getting it

Jacobtylermumford

• Rep: -4
  • Artist, skate rat
    • My art blog avatar image
« Reply #181 on: August 28, 2015, 11:40:24 AM »
If you guys want to watch a skateboarding doc made right, watch PUSHED by Florian Schneider.. I just rented it on iTunes for 3 bucks and its the best doc I've seen on skating, that really gets at what it means to different skaters without being corny. Especially enjoyed the pontus alb and bobby Puleo footage!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 11:45:11 AM by Jacobtylermumford »

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #182 on: August 28, 2015, 04:14:05 PM »
tried to watch it twice today, made it to the china section, could't bring myself to sit through the whole thing. maybe i'm getting old. all that epic shots, drones, the talking... nah.

Getty

• Rep: 48
« Reply #183 on: August 29, 2015, 11:13:31 AM »
I know I'll watch it eventually but it would be awesome to have an edit of just whatever skating is in there, minus the whole embarrassing,  "making skateboarding appeal to soccer moms" (ie: MONEY!!!) kick that Ty's on. Quartersnacks? Manolo? Do your stuff, dudes.

Avicci

• Rep: -71
« Reply #184 on: August 29, 2015, 11:22:38 AM »
tried to watch it twice today, made it to the china section, could't bring myself to sit through the whole thing. maybe i'm getting old. all that epic shots, drones, the talking... nah.

You didn't even watch the Dubai section  :-\

"chill out on the yo flips theo we only want whats best for you!"

Lt. Dan

• Rep: 0
« Reply #185 on: August 29, 2015, 12:27:34 PM »
Did you guys see The Skateboardmag photographer Jacob Messex Kissing Vox And Krew Skate Victor Garibay...

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #186 on: August 29, 2015, 05:16:37 PM »
Just posting here to remind y'all that Chris Colbourn is really fucking good.  That is all.

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #187 on: August 29, 2015, 10:08:19 PM »
Just posting here to remind y'all that Chris Colbourn is really fucking good.  That is all.

Trust

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #188 on: August 30, 2015, 07:48:57 AM »
There was some good skating but nothing I'd watch many times. It's more a video that you see at a sports bar in Vegas then something that gets you amped to go skate.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #189 on: August 30, 2015, 08:35:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Trust

Chris Colbourn has just been initiated into the fucking defunct League of Nations after that showing!

Tiago as well.  :-*

Everyone who can't "make it through", just shut-up a watch it for what it is: really good skating shot fairly well (it's Brainfarm, what did you expect, Tent City?).

No need to turn this thing into a philosophical issue, we all know the facts, watch it & feel better if you bootlegged it.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -599
  • who knows
« Reply #190 on: August 30, 2015, 12:16:52 PM »
I've watched it a couple times now.  However I only watch the international parts since the second full time through.  I watch them a lot.  Those sections in Brazil, Barcelona, China and Dubai are incredible, especially the way the landscapes are shot.   The skating in those sections is incredible too.  I don't really like the stuff in the caravan because it feels forced. 

I also on the fence that the deaf guy is there...sounds mean I know.  Not because he is deaf but because he is kind of used as an emotional prop for the moms and dads who might watch.  He isn't exactly the caliber of the other skaters to put it nicely.   But it's cool he got such a rad opportunity even if he is exploited for the narrative

Also Tiago's switch shuv 5-0 fs shuv out on that chest high ledge....has that even been done regular? Holy shit
where is home?

Roro1

• Rep: -38
« Reply #191 on: August 30, 2015, 12:21:31 PM »
Felt like watching a skateboarding version of Fast & Furious. Must be fun to watch on a movie theater screen

Avicci

• Rep: -71
« Reply #192 on: August 30, 2015, 12:41:01 PM »
I've watched it a couple times now.  However I only watch the international parts since the second full time through.  I watch them a lot.  Those sections in Brazil, Barcelona, China and Dubai are incredible, especially the way the landscapes are shot.   The skating in those sections is incredible too.  I don't really like the stuff in the caravan because it feels forced. 

I also on the fence that the deaf guy is there...sounds mean I know.  Not because he is deaf but because he is kind of used as an emotional prop for the moms and dads who might watch.  He isn't exactly the caliber of the other skaters to put it nicely.   But it's cool he got such a rad opportunity even if he is exploited for the narrative

Also Tiago's switch shuv 5-0 fs shuv out on that chest high ledge....has that even been done regular? Holy shit

I feel the same way, Sheldon Meleshinski skated his whole life with one eye and noone treated him different or turned him pro because of it. I'm sure there are a million more examples.

"chill out on the yo flips theo we only want whats best for you!"

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #193 on: August 30, 2015, 07:27:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You didn't even watch the Dubai section  :-\

That's the section I've watched the most. Spain and Brazil are also pretty sick.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
« Reply #194 on: August 31, 2015, 06:50:27 AM »
everything I head "it's in our blood"...I thought of this

the omar shots are the highlight
hardly art, hardly starving

palenimbus

• Rep: 5
« Reply #195 on: August 31, 2015, 02:58:35 PM »
Can't you just rent this shit? Link me bruv's

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3327
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #196 on: August 31, 2015, 04:48:07 PM »
I wish they had named this movie "We Are Dancer".

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2015, 06:08:00 PM »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #198 on: September 01, 2015, 08:51:31 AM »
just finished it today. a lot better than i thought it was going to be. chief footage was awesome. hes ripping so hard for someone whos 40. colbourn is really good. tiago stole the show in my opinion. that guy is a machine. i think it was worth sitting through just for the dubai footage. clint walkers room bomb was ridiculous. the skating on that helicoptor pad made me pretty nervous. i dont think i could skate up there. dont know if ill watch it again many times, but it was definitely worth sitting through.

felix.

• Rep: -34
« Reply #199 on: September 03, 2015, 06:57:35 AM »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #200 on: September 03, 2015, 08:11:28 AM »

Worst injury hes ever had was a sprained ankle...is he lying???

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #201 on: September 03, 2015, 04:15:50 PM »
Im not basing it off of anything but i was always under the impression Paul Rodriguez kept his injuries a secret under some marketing grand scheme, some "forever young" shit. no way a skater in that caliber never got injured... even if he was training in a gym  building muscle strength and did everything right.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #202 on: September 03, 2015, 05:07:56 PM »
Im not basing it off of anything but i was always under the impression Paul Rodriguez kept his injuries a secret under some marketing grand scheme, some "forever young" shit. no way a skater in that caliber never got injured... even if he was training in a gym  building muscle strength and did everything right.

what the fuck...he's really laying that golden boy mentality on a bit too thick. 

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #203 on: September 04, 2015, 12:24:28 AM »

I believe him. He has stated before that we doesn't take risks and ups the risk of his trick very gradually as in getting a trick on lock over a 3 stair, then 4 stair etc. And you can easily see it in his footage, there's never been any risky terrain, only perfect cali spots (benches and stairs).

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #204 on: September 05, 2015, 08:22:47 AM »
koston has also never broken a bone.

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #205 on: September 06, 2015, 03:54:40 PM »
If you guys want to watch a skateboarding doc made right, watch PUSHED by Florian Schneider.. I just rented it on iTunes for 3 bucks and its the best doc I've seen on skating, that really gets at what it means to different skaters without being corny. Especially enjoyed the pontus alb and bobby Puleo footage!

lol youre trippin. even for slap, that was a flop of a video.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #206 on: September 06, 2015, 08:26:38 PM »
koston has also never broken a bone.

Yeah, but he has gotten butthurt an awful lot lately.

skatehypecom

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
    • Skate Hype avatar image
« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2020, 03:42:26 AM »
Subtitled in 10 languages
New quality 1080 4mbps
We are skateboarders and filmmakers who have created a super application: Skate Hype.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2020, 08:20:36 PM »
Subtitled in 10 languages
New quality 1080 4mbps

hell yeah dude just what we wanted

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal