Author Topic: There are now Scooter Shops???  (Read 2939 times)

abudabi

Re: There are now Scooter Shops???
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2015, 12:42:02 PM »
Fuck.  I've been wondering if Scooting will ever develop a sub-culture like skateboarding. Horrifying.  I had to grip scooters when I had a skate-shop and always tried to get them skating, my line was, "So how old are you?  Oh well then you are old enough to start skating now!"  I used to to skate-camps and one kid skated and scooted, but after skating with him several times he went back to scooting and I felt like I failed skateboarding.
this is like costanza turning straight girls gay. except lesbians can be cool.

Dengles

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2015, 01:36:29 PM »
I went into a Scooter shop when I was living in Australia for a few months.  My roommate had to go to some work clothing store to pick up his paramedic uniform so I tagged along.  I ended up getting bored and wandering into what I thought was going to be some shitty mall store type skateshop or surfshop but it turned out to be a scooter shop, like walls and walls of scooters I can only imagine all of the ankles that will be clipped by the children enabled by that shop. 

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2015, 07:50:27 PM »
I'm friends with this guy through cycling and he used to skate, but stopped because it was fucking his body up too bad. Anyways fast forward some years to a few days ago and he's talking about how he wants to get back into skating but he can't so he decided he wants to start scootering but we all thought he was just fucking around. Tonight, scrolling down facebook I see this bullshit.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2015, 07:54:32 PM »
Why the hell do scooters need brakes? You're never going fast enough to need them

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2015, 04:22:16 PM »
Why the hell do scooters need brakes? We're never going fast enough to need them

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2015, 09:06:05 AM »
To be fair, Dickies ain't even technically our shit. I'm sure there are laborers out there looking at these scrawny ass kids with their painted nails like what the fuck are you doing wearing dickies.

There's like more than one scooter shop within an hour of where I live. The same shop put out a decent skate full length, last fall or something. Bamboozle. I don't know what their deal is exactly, I just stay away from it. I'm surprised people are this surprised by it actually.

You from the Northshore? I haven't been to bamboozle in years but I've met some of the dudes involved and they are rad and good skaters. Plus from what i gather they've had a hand in supporting that local DIY spot. Gotta make money somehow i guess.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2015, 07:47:27 PM »
I think I saw some kids playing SCOOT the other day.

One of the best things about skating in the parks in Hong Kong is that scooters are banned.

One day a dad turned up with about ten kids on scooters to one of the biggest parks (which is fairly far out of the center). They all piled out of the van and started rolling about only for the guards to come out of their office and kick them all out instantly. I sat watching, drinking a beer with two other skaters. It was pretty golden.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2015, 10:21:04 PM »
Skating is all about failure, just trying to eek out that one make. Some skaters show up with their mom filming kickflip to fakie on a bank for an hour, and finally mob one out and get stoked. I haven't seen a scooter rider really slam, because its so easy and safe. Even Jerry Seinfeld got our back. I guess the scooter demand is there, so make hay while it's still raining or whatever that saying is.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2015, 02:32:24 PM »
Skating is all about failure, just trying to eek out that one make. Some skaters show up with their mom filming kickflip to fakie on a bank for an hour, and finally mob one out and get stoked. I haven't seen a scooter rider really slam, because its so easy and safe. Even Jerry Seinfeld got our back. I guess the scooter demand is there, so make hay while it's still raining or whatever that saying is.

So that's why you scoot.