Author Topic: bands you've seen recently  (Read 92551 times)

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
Re: bands you've seen recently
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2016, 11:53:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
For all you (probably like 2 or 3 of you) sad depressed pop-punk enthusiasts,

I saw Jeff Rosenstock last night. 4th time seeing him, 5th if you include Bomb The Music Industry!, he puts on such a high-energy show. Fucking loved it. Also seeing Modern Baseball with Joyce Manor next week and I'm excited.
[close]

Oh man I love Jeff Rosenstock, BTMI and ASOB were a big part of high school for me. Never got a chance to see them though, and he hardly comes to Canada so as of yet I have no live experiences with Jeff.
[close]

I got to see BTMI on the leg of their last ever tour. I was fresh out of knee-surgery (like three weeks fresh) so I didn't get to really go nuts at the show but it was fucking amazing. Jeff immediately started touring solo after the split and I've seen him every time he stops in Arizona. He puts on such a chaotic/fun show experience. Super funny interaction between him and the crowd too. He covered a fucking Lenny Kravitz song as an encore this last time I saw him, hahaha.

bomb is so fucking rad. i saw rosenstock / mobo over this past winter and it was really fun. jeff is so psyched just to be on stage and he kills it. mobo is fun but their new album is nowhere near as high energy as their older stuff.

saw twin peaks last week, probably one of the best shows i've ever been to in my life
good come sausage

doublesteveburger

« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2016, 05:27:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
For all you (probably like 2 or 3 of you) sad depressed pop-punk enthusiasts,

I saw Jeff Rosenstock last night. 4th time seeing him, 5th if you include Bomb The Music Industry!, he puts on such a high-energy show. Fucking loved it. Also seeing Modern Baseball with Joyce Manor next week and I'm excited.
[close]

Oh man I love Jeff Rosenstock, BTMI and ASOB were a big part of high school for me. Never got a chance to see them though, and he hardly comes to Canada so as of yet I have no live experiences with Jeff.
[close]

I got to see BTMI on the leg of their last ever tour. I was fresh out of knee-surgery (like three weeks fresh) so I didn't get to really go nuts at the show but it was fucking amazing. Jeff immediately started touring solo after the split and I've seen him every time he stops in Arizona. He puts on such a chaotic/fun show experience. Super funny interaction between him and the crowd too. He covered a fucking Lenny Kravitz song as an encore this last time I saw him, hahaha.
[close]

bomb is so fucking rad. i saw rosenstock / mobo over this past winter and it was really fun. jeff is so psyched just to be on stage and he kills it. mobo is fun but their new album is nowhere near as high energy as their older stuff.

saw twin peaks last week, probably one of the best shows i've ever been to in my life

I definitely agree with you on that but I feel like them being on a bigger label had a bit to do with that. They self-recorded their first two albums.

Saw them a few days ago, definitely one of the best shows I've ever been to.

Silky Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2016, 04:54:15 PM »
Saw Bad Religion at BFD yesterday. They're great live.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2016, 03:44:39 AM »
won tickets for dirty fences for last thursday.
they were super good. didn't really expect much, but they were awesome. now i'm a fan.
bought the full tramp lp - it's amazing as well.

cody duuude

• Rep: 4
« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2016, 08:02:10 AM »
BJM in sf a few weeks ago, incredible. Mac Demarco, Edward Sharpe and Modest Mouse in Houston last week, they all killed it

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #155 on: June 15, 2016, 02:37:52 PM »
BJM in sf a few weeks ago, incredible. Mac Demarco, Edward Sharpe and Modest Mouse in Houston last week, they all killed it

going to that modest mouse/brand new show in July @ the Greek. so stoked
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2016, 11:56:40 AM »
saw petrol girls from the UK recently.
super good show. powerful. worth to checkout

Petrol Girls - Slug (Official Video)

headtowall

• Rep: -13
« Reply #157 on: July 07, 2016, 10:59:51 AM »
Saw Quicksand and Converge last night. always a good time

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2016, 06:29:56 AM »
Saw Quicksand and Converge last night. always a good time

Converge always delivers! Seen them 2 times, went home exausted in both.

Last week, 3rd time consecutive in the fest. Pure fun!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

IcanthelpitImfromMilwaukee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #159 on: July 20, 2016, 07:17:00 PM »
Los Crudos last Saturday, the first time I've seen them somewhere other than Chicago. They always fucking kill it.

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: July 21, 2016, 08:29:59 AM »
saw oso oso/dikembe/slingshot dakota/iron chic last night. dudes always kill it on stage.
good come sausage

doublesteveburger

« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2016, 03:06:20 PM »
Saw Ghost Bath last week and they're fucking brilliant live.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2016, 04:16:47 PM »
See y'all were talking about it months ago, but I'm seeing Jeff Rosenstock this coming Monday and I'm very excited. Favorite songwriter, hands down.

Last night my band opened for David Libe Hart from Adult Swim. That was something.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2016, 01:18:49 AM »
See y'all were talking about it months ago, but I'm seeing Jeff Rosenstock this coming Monday and I'm very excited. Favorite songwriter, hands down.

Last night my band opened for David Libe Hart from Adult Swim. That was something.

Dude, you're in for one of the funnest shows! Their crowd interaction is hilarious, too. Jeff puts on such a good show.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2016, 07:47:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dude, you're in for one of the funnest shows! Their crowd interaction is hilarious, too. Jeff puts on such a good show.

Yeah, he's always a treat. It's kind of a long drive that I may end up doing solo, but I've never missed a Jeff/BTMI show in the past seven or so years and I sure ain't missing it now.

The new track he juts dropped is a fucking slam dunk. https://jeffrosenstock.bandcamp.com/

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2016, 08:05:39 AM »
saw Dino jr play in a barn in Iowa last night.  j shredded as usual. 

we showed up just as dino jr was playing, and you have to walk almost a mile down a dirt road to get to the barn.  it was rad hearing them play in the distance while walking in the pitch black. 

hardly art, hardly starving

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #166 on: July 28, 2016, 08:20:29 AM »
saw gwen stefani last week and she played 5-6 no doubt songs. life is good.
good come sausage

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2016, 07:02:46 PM »
Just came back from Sepultura. I missed the opportunity of going to a concert in my area when I was a teen, but made good on this one. Ten years, apparently. It was amazing. I think Igor was still in the band by then... I have no idea of who the new drummer is. Looks pretty young, definitely not even in his 30s. Holy fucking shit this is the best concert I've been to in my whole life.

Sepultura is fucking rad! I'm not really fond of their newer stuff but their new drummer, Eloy Casagrande, is trully a beast and he is really young too (25 years).
SEPULTURA - STUDIO DIARY 2

Max and Igor are coming to a venue near me playing all the "Roots" album in november. Not my favourite by them (Beneath the Remains all the way) but I'm debating in going to it. It's going to be fun I'm sure! 

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

krookedjuice

• Rep: 29
« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2016, 03:07:50 PM »
saw oso oso/dikembe/slingshot dakota/iron chic last night. dudes always kill it on stage.

that sounds like a cool show, i saw iron chic at some all day even about a year ago.

just saw Nothing for the first time last week, it was rad.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2016, 12:25:46 PM »

straight

« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2016, 12:44:07 PM »
Saw AJJ with ROAR two nights ago. It was fun. I had fun.

AJJ - Junkie Church (Official Video)

Is it just me or are they biting why? alopecia album. . .

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2016, 04:30:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not sure about that but Andrew Jackson Jihad definitely sucks now. They fucked up when they changed their name to "AJJ" because they didn't want to offend anyone...sad.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2016, 08:30:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Not sure about that but Andrew Jackson Jihad definitely sucks now. They fucked up when they changed their name to "AJJ" because they didn't want to offend anyone...sad.

It's about choosing who you offend.

Just saw The Melvins play in a record store this afternoon. Then in a week and a half I'm seeing Black Sabbath. Gonna be a heavy couple of weeks. Definitely catching AJJ when they come through here though.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2016, 03:08:59 PM »
^^ i wish a could catch black sabbath near me! I think i'll not have the to catch them live unfortunately...

Just went to amplifest this past week.

I fell like past year it was a lot better, at least for my taste, but it was a good time too. Some let downs and some surprises. Neurosis was one of the most powerful performances i've witness, really heavy and emotive too. Oathbreaker was rad, 3rd time i've seen them and the best one for sure. I've had a little chat with their guitarrist before it because he's a skater too, really cool guy! Then it was all about Downfall of gaia, caspian and mono was nice too (a little too long maybe). Oh and Minsk, fucking crushing! Maybe the biggest surprise and it would be my favourite show if they played a little more (they had problems in the beggining, had to cut the set in half).

Then the let downs. Kayo dot was pretty bad, almost embarrassing, like they didnt know their own music, really sloppy playing. Hope Drone was uninteresting as fuck, Altarage a copy cat of Portal, the black heart rebellion a try hard performance that felt too forced, and then Nevoa that is the hype band of the portuguese scene and just came to me as a lazy effort to be hip...

Waiting for the next year with a better line up too!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #174 on: October 27, 2016, 04:01:27 PM »
the cure.
it was fantastic.

Jordick

« Reply #175 on: October 28, 2016, 04:13:36 PM »
Saw some metal bands (oceano, whitechapel, carnifex, suicide silence) last week. Boy was I trashed.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2016, 12:12:31 PM »
Saw some metal bands (oceano, whitechapel, carnifex, suicide silence) last week. Boy was I trashed.

Damn dude! That must have been sick! Deathcore is a rare thing here in Portugal but I'm a fan. Whitechapel kinda suck now but the other ones are still decent i guess (I saw SS about a year and half ago in Spain with hermida and it was such a cool performance).

The most recent shows I went were Malevolence (uk) and Nasty and holy shit, it was heavy.
I also saw Nothing (usa) a couple weeks ago and it was one of the best performances i've seen this year. Such a cool vibe and energy going!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Jordick

« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2016, 02:31:19 PM »
Whitechapel was terrible. Haven't seen them in years. Phil should go back to being a professional call of duty player

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #178 on: October 31, 2016, 11:56:26 AM »
I saw Judge the other night in LA. I never got super into them growing up but they put on a pretty good show.
Really enjoyed Eternal Sleep, though I admit I am prejudiced.

Deucifer

• Rep: 10
« Reply #179 on: November 10, 2016, 03:45:39 PM »
Saw Sleep in Seattle (haha) a couple weeks ago. It was loud as fuck and pretty goddamn awesome.
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora