Poll

Do you wear clothing from skate brands?

Shirts, pants, socks, jackets - all the time.
22 (23.4%)
I have decent amount of skate clothing and wear it semi-regularly.
37 (39.4%)
I own and wear almost no skate clothes.
35 (37.2%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Do you wear apparel from skate brands?  (Read 6819 times)

Rusty_Berrings

Re: Do you wear apparel from skate brands?
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2015, 12:36:10 PM »
almost all my t-shirts have super heroes
I'll give you 7 guesses on what company this is.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2015, 01:08:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Almost?

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2015, 02:11:51 PM »

Almost?

Monkey Mcpott, I like you, you're not like the other kids here in the trailer park.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2015, 02:31:04 PM »
As far as "skate brand" clothing goes, only Matix for me. I wear their button ups, all are really well made. And I still have the MJ corduroy sherpa coat from 10 years ago. It's held up really well. Most skate brand stuff is so overpriced and generally not worth it.

I'll pick a shop tee up from every city I visit.

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2015, 02:50:58 PM »
i wea shit if it's cheap, but not socks pants or underwear, and those fuckers don't make pants that are longer than a goddamn 32 inseam lus they want like 60 dollars for their bullshit, but if the price is right then yeah.

Randozzi

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2015, 03:19:31 PM »
Never pants but i've bought a few tees and sweatshirts from companies i dig, a hat on occasion.
But i've been lucky and gotten some cool clothing for free that has lasted a while.

fang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2015, 03:29:20 PM »
I have a few Indy, Spitfire & Anti hero t-shirts. An indy hoodie, anti hero hoodie and our life hoodie.

everything else I own is dickies/carhartt/work gear.

I have had some skate brand clothes by fourstar, TSA back in the day, and some other shit I cant remember and was always let down by the (lackof) quality yet high price so I like my work gear since I wear this stuff all the time for work anyway. And its super durable/comfortable & cheap (carhartt not as cheap)

ZEBRA

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2015, 05:51:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Most everything I have are skate brands. The only thing I don't invest in is pants. Skate pants are crazy expensive. I've had skate pants as a kid, and I loved them, but they never lasted me. I stick to Levi's and Dickies. The skate pants I do own, I found at TJ Maxx and Ross, or something along those lines.

Only articles of clothing that I have that aren't skate related is a Carhartt vest, some plain shirts, a couple sweatshirts/jackets, and any sports apparel I have, and most of my pants, as I mentioned above.

For long time I didn't wear a lot of skate stuff. I didn't like anything that was out for a couple years. Those were the couple years I didn't skate much either due to bad knees. Ended up getting into a brand called Rebel8. Their kinda lame now, as you can go to any mall and find their stuff at Zumiez, Tilly's, etc. But, before they got super big, they were making some really good stuff. The artist who does all of the graphics, rules. He's a renowned graffiti and tattoo artist.Draws everything with a Sharpie. He actually got his start with Think skateboards. Pretty sure he was the one who created their logo. The yellow and red colors of Think, that was all him. And he's colorblind. Dude rules.
[close]
The THINK tag logo is drawn by Mike Giant out of the bay area. Well. He's from New Mexico but been in da Bay since the 90's(?) painting BART tunnels and shit and then eventually tattooing. I got a book by him I'll trade ya if you got any good skateboard photography books. He's done some clothing designs for Upper Playground too man if you ever check them out they got some nice clothes.

Yeah, Mike Giant!!! I'm a huge fan. He does all the art for Rebel8. He's basically part owner, I think. Glad someone else knows who he is. He actually lives in Colorado now. Which book you got?? I don't have anything to trade. Just curious...

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2015, 07:19:40 PM »
I usually just buy skate pants and that's because i cant skate in any other shit. I cant feel comfy in those cheap mall pants. They are always so stiff! I usually buy kr3w kslim's and i am good to go (i got 5 pairs) but my favourite ones are some analog jeans i have that feel like heaven, straigth up perfect (that wheel wash thing wasnt a gimmick). I get this stuff for almost half the price at my local so i keep buying it.

Other than that i just own like 3 or 4 skate tshirts, the rest is band merch or blank brands, 1 Antiz sweater and 3 hats...

I always wait for sales to buy my shit so i can buy some great stuff, skate related or not, at a low/fair price.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2015, 08:35:06 PM »
Imagine if skate companies made condoms. Wait, imagine if Wu Wear made condoms. They'd have a jingle- Spermicide, it's a spermicide bidilobba

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2015, 09:39:53 PM »
few shirts/ hats here and there, other than that I like to keep it pretty simple

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2015, 08:15:21 AM »
Short answer...yes. Long answer... I wouldn't if I wasn't lucky.

My girlfriend buys me things from Theories for birthday/christmas, my homeboys skate for dope companies and give me shirts and hats and such every few months. If they didn't skate for the companies they do (which I happen to dig as well) I wouldn't be dropping $30+ on t shirts and hats.
p-shuvs and v-flips

dillanharp

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2015, 09:08:57 AM »
Yes and no. Most of my shit is from target or Macy's.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2015, 11:34:15 AM »
Not really. I have a few shirts (palace, theories of atlantis, hook-ups) but I haven't bought skate clothing in over a year. Skate clothes don't appeal to me any more.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2015, 02:37:35 PM »
If I buy skate clothes, it's mostly RVCA tees because the quality is so damn good, I have a 6 years old t-shirt still in good condition and I never had any shrinking problem after washing them.

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2015, 04:31:15 PM »
All of the pants are way too tight now. I'd love to wear some Fourstar or something that was baggy and an inseam longer than 32"
i'm down for tight but they make them too short, i need a 34" at least, and they don't even have that much stretch, vans slimbo is pretty nice though.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2015, 04:51:25 PM »
lately I've been wearing a bunch of haines blank tees and dad jeans, so like cheap walmart wranglers and some levi's. i have some volcom and theories tees, a bunch of caps, but i don't go overboard with all that shit. i look like i skate, but its not typically because my tshirt says so
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2015, 08:15:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Almost?

this looks like the thing my mom would buy me in highschool.

"hey you like batman and skateboards right? I don't see whats wrong with it"

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2015, 08:17:18 AM »
I'm more into band shirts but that Batman shirt does kick quite a bit of ass. I can't find it in adult sizes.

Jordick

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2015, 09:28:16 AM »
The only skate apparel I wear is anti-hero stuff, and on occasion, a spitfire shirt that Noble traded me for a misfits sweater I sewed.

whoami

• Rep: -43
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2015, 02:28:00 PM »
The problem is really that 32" pant inseam. I'm a little too tall and need a 34" inseam that nobody makes.

zippy z

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2015, 05:22:15 PM »
Dad/Seinfeld jeans look as wack on dood brahs as mom jeans look on bitches.

chunkythrusts

• Rep: -4
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2015, 10:21:59 AM »
I only fuck with one thing per skate brand usually because i don't wanna be rollin up looking like a billboard when I skate.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2015, 05:57:23 AM »
Typically only if a brand I like has a good quality piece on a crazy dicount or free.  Volcom and RVCA make good stuff and is always at my local Ross/Marshall's/TJ Max.  I do buy tees and stuff from my local shop b/c I like them and they have cool designs.  I've bought a few of the "grab bag" deals and have usually gotten boned.  TOA sent cool stuff.  Quiet Life just sent five tee shirts for $50.  I like your brand, but don't need five tee shirts.  I thought the point of those things was to get some cool/interesting stuff, not just tees. 

Clang

• Rep: -2
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2015, 06:02:13 PM »
Expand Quote

Almost?

[close]
Monkey Mcpott, I like you, you're not like the other kids here in the trailer park.
well it does say almost on the tag on the bottom right of the shirt

Clang

• Rep: -2
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2015, 06:08:53 PM »
The majority of my t-shirts are skateboard companies, same with hats, I basically only wear my dime hoodie now, sock are a stance/dickies mix, and I have some skate pants but Dickies are the best. Comfortable, great fit, super durable, and cheap. All I could ask for

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2015, 06:32:29 PM »
Don be now our skate apparel.

Green Bastard

• Rep: 7
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2015, 06:46:23 PM »
I'm surprised we don't have a fashion thread

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2015, 06:04:43 PM »
Jeans made by skateboard companies are so overpriced. No way in hell am I going to pay $65 for a pair of Volcom jeans or some shit.

I wear Carhartt jeans. Most durable jeans I've ever owned.

FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2015, 06:58:16 PM »
Jeans made by skateboard companies are so overpriced. No way in hell am I going to pay $65 for a pair of Volcom jeans or some shit.

I wear Carhartt jeans. Most durable jeans I've ever owned.

True but for the most part I haven't had a pair that I've liked as much as skate brand pants. LRG were the best pretty much, Levi 285s are pretty comfy though.