Author Topic: Mario Maker  (Read 4674 times)

chockfullofthat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
Mario Maker
« on: September 14, 2015, 09:02:28 AM »
I haven't tried it yet, but heard you can follow friends based on their course IDs.  I'm just getting started with this thing, but follow me, post an IDs here!

DF97-0000-0033-F7C7

feedmeseymour

Re: Mario Maker
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 05:30:55 PM »
I’m hyped

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 06:36:29 AM »
I remember getting pretty seriously into the first one on the Wii U for like two weeks one winter, quite a while after the game had come out so its community had started to die out already. Spent a little while trying to make a handful of challenging, but credible and playable levels only for them to get perma-banned from the Nintendo servers for not receiving enough plays in 24 hours or something. Thought that was such bullshit I gave up on the game instantly.

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 03:33:53 PM »
I remember getting pretty seriously into the first one on the Wii U for like two weeks one winter, quite a while after the game had come out so its community had started to die out already. Spent a little while trying to make a handful of challenging, but credible and playable levels only for them to get perma-banned from the Nintendo servers for not receiving enough plays in 24 hours or something. Thought that was such bullshit I gave up on the game instantly.

This happened to one of my levels, I just re uploaded it and it never happened again. I think they patched that out in one of the updates. Would be a bummer if it took a long time to upload a course just for it to get deleted though.

Seems like some hardcore people still play it and you can find some really fun levels to play with that bookmark website or different search functions in the game. Tried uploading a few shitty course earlier this year when they announced the sequel. Really hyped for Mario Maker 2, hoping there's still a decent community around come winter time though...

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 04:18:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This happened to one of my levels, I just re uploaded it and it never happened again. I think they patched that out in one of the updates. Would be a bummer if it took a long time to upload a course just for it to get deleted though.

Maybe I'll try again, but from my understanding Nintendo's policy was to actually get stricter with uploads back when that happened to me. Banned levels were recognized by the server and disqualified instantly upon submission; you couldn't reupload a deleted level (unless you had seen it coming and made duplicates of the file with certain changes a certain way just in case... no thanks). Many people were complaining online that such a policy was hurting the community, so hopefully they patched it out, before the release of a sequel would be a good move.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 09:40:06 AM »
There’s a lot of cool features in the 2nd one (multi player mostly) so I’m excited. I never owned Wii U but I had mariomaker on the 3ds and loved it. Made some levels that I thought were sick and I’ll deff be making levels in the new one, I’ll be posting them on here for the hell of it and see what you guys think.

UselessAsshole

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 12:35:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Maybe I'll try again, but from my understanding Nintendo's policy was to actually get stricter with uploads back when that happened to me. Banned levels were recognized by the server and disqualified instantly upon submission; you couldn't reupload a deleted level (unless you had seen it coming and made duplicates of the file with certain changes a certain way just in case... no thanks). Many people were complaining online that such a policy was hurting the community, so hopefully they patched it out, before the release of a sequel would be a good move.

From my understanding my level was just boring and didn’t get a lot of plays at the time. They took it offline but it was still in my coursebot so I just needed to beat it again and put it up. I’m not sure what the system would be looking for for deletion other than a very low clear rate or very few plays but I don’t think that should even be grounds for deletion. I uploaded a couple over the past few months and they don’t get many plays or stars but the game’s popularity isn’t what it was so I’m not sure what the system entails these days. I’ve heard of dudes making super hard levels getting deleted and filing a complaint but that seems like huge pain in the ass for a game, especially when you didn’t do anything wrong.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 12:39:53 PM by UselessAsshole »

feedmeseymour

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 12:33:24 PM »
So I guess Mario maker two will have online 2 player... but you can’t play with friends, random people only.

Why does Nintendo have no concept of what people want from an online service?

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 04:14:45 AM »
damnn i just got a switch last night with mario deluxe.. and man its soo tempting to just blow money on all these amazing titles..

this one looks really fun but i really would want something more close to Mario oddesy   
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

UselessAsshole

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 12:17:29 PM »
So I guess Mario maker two will have online 2 player... but you can’t play with friends, random people only.

Why does Nintendo have no concept of what people want from an online service?

Looks like they're going to patch in online play with friends after release because of time constraints. At least that's what they were saying at E3.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 12:36:19 PM »

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 12:55:52 PM »

feedmeseymour

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2019, 08:01:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

oh shit ! drop the course id

have fun and good luck haha
K70-975-BQG

Edit:part 2
709-j2w-0yg
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 04:57:57 PM by feedmeseymour »

UselessAsshole

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2019, 01:29:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

K70-975-BQG

709-j2w-0yg

Took me a while to figure out how to get yoshi passed the thwomps and the bullet bill section in the first one mauled me. Levels were fun though.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3317
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2019, 11:56:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

K70-975-BQG

709-j2w-0yg

OF COURSE you design courses for Mario Maker, you genius, you.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 12:49:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

K70-975-BQG

709-j2w-0yg
[close]

OF COURSE you design courses for Mario Maker, you genius, you.

haha far from genius. im trying to make them more like user friendly and not so tricky/ annoying like the two i posted. just gonna keep posting new ones here because why not.

if anyone else is playing and making levels lets see them course id's!

Edit: RL8-73K-KWG “dirty sanchez”
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 09:56:43 PM by feedmeseymour »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 02:09:08 PM »
I had a blast with the first one. I've got a couple new ones from this weekend :)

7GV-W7D-YRG

feedmeseymour

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 04:21:02 PM »
I had a blast with the first one. I've got a couple new ones from this weekend :)

7GV-W7D-YRG

That level was awesome, amazing name too. you already know I had to take the world record! haha

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 10:25:40 PM »
got the call from the delivery man! gonna go home and play the fuck outta it!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2019, 07:17:35 AM »
Expand Quote

7GV-W7D-YRG
[close]

That level was awesome, amazing name too. you already know I had to take the world record! haha

Thanks! I was pretty proud of that one, given it was my first one in years. I made another one that’s a bit easier that i’ll post the code to after work. (Or just use the first one then find my profile).

The Shalom stage is very hard but I’m determined to get it!

feedmeseymour

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2019, 07:47:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

7GV-W7D-YRG
[close]

[close]

Thanks! I was pretty proud of that one, given it was my first one in years. I made another one that’s a bit easier that i’ll post the code to after work. (Or just use the first one then find my profile).

The Shalom stage is very hard but I’m determined to get it!
yeah the shalom level is a bit much but dirty sanchez is alittle easier/more fun in my opinion. RL8-73K-KWG

its hard to make a level good and not just hard. but i enjoy trying kaizo mario style levels, i just gotta find a happy medium.

UselessAsshole

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2019, 10:39:48 AM »
Solid levels so far from everyone who posted one!

I'm not sure how user friendly my level is, but I gave it a shot with some of the new features. Would be nice to know whether or not it's too confusing or misleading.
36Y 6Y5 P1G

feedmeseymour

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2019, 03:53:15 PM »

I'm not sure how user friendly my level is, but I gave it a shot with some of the new features. Would be nice to know whether or not it's too confusing or misleading.
36Y 6Y5 P1G

Just played this one! It’s tough but it’s a good challenge. The thing that pissed me off was how wonky the caterpillar is as a platform... but you can use it to your advantage and cheat this spot!

https://twitter.com/gomerpile5/status/1146188750881300481?s=21

(I don’t use twitter but it’s an easy way to pull shit from the switch)

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2019, 03:56:35 PM »
Does Switch really make all of your id's hard to remember random numbers and letters? Love their games but nintendo is sooo un-userfriendly when it comes to their player network. Still, I'm jealous of all you Switch owners.

UselessAsshole

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2019, 09:59:40 AM »
Expand Quote

36Y 6Y5 P1G
[close]

Just played this one! It’s tough but it’s a good challenge. The thing that pissed me off was how wonky the caterpillar is as a platform... but you can use it to your advantage and cheat this spot!

https://twitter.com/gomerpile5/status/1146188750881300481?s=21

(I don’t use twitter but it’s an easy way to pull shit from the switch)

Haha nice, thanks! Guess a little cheese never hurt nobody.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 10:14:21 AM by UselessAsshole »

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2019, 02:59:42 PM »
i didnt even know of the first one but im super hyped to try it. Plan on snagging it this weekend
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

feedmeseymour

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2019, 08:18:28 AM »

Escape from castle bam level
BT1-LJJ-XPF
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:20:23 AM by feedmeseymour »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal