Author Topic: Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, and Colombia  (Read 1134 times)

SonictheHedgehog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -14
Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, and Colombia
« on: September 30, 2015, 06:40:20 PM »
Anybody have tips on any of these places? Open to any type of terrain
wash uffize drive me to firenze

shark tits

Re: Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, and Colombia
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 07:14:55 PM »
i'd like to hear positive and negative reviews of peurto rico. lookin to go in february to swim in winter but also skate so i'm leaning towards urban but due to my proclivities for illicit substances i might wanna be low key and a bit removed from those sitations and the attendant shitshows that can arrise [i almost died in juarez and got my wallet jacked].
apparently the boards no longer like me so we don't have to meet up out there but if you have experiences feel free to share em.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 06:14:52 AM »
Whats your trip idea of Costa Rica ?

shark tits

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 09:08:52 AM »
that you need a passport so i'm disqualified. peurto rico is like a state and my foodstamps will work down there. bitchin!

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 04:34:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
that you need a passport so i'm disqualified. peurto rico is like a state and my foodstamps will work down there. bitchin!

I understand your situtation. Well Puerto Rico also seems like a paradise so enjoy it !

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 05:28:15 PM »
I went to Puerto Rico last winter for two weeks last February and it was the best. I stayed in San Juan and met up with a local skate rat who had pretty extensive knowledge of the whole island. The locals said the water was cold, but it was actually like bath water. I thought for sure my friends and I would have a tough time with spots but there was actually a lot of plazas that were mostly smooth and equipped with some kind of marble or granite. You'll run into rugged shit for sure, but it was one of the most productive skate trips I've been on. The food wasn't anything to write home about, a lot of chains and the stuff that was independent was usually kind of bad. Beautiful weather in February, beautiful women, great coffee. Old San Juan is definitely the tourist area but visually and party wise would probably be the most pleasant to stay in. We stayed at the San Juan International hostel and while it was cheap, it was a little disconnected from the night life and was in a sketchy area of San Juan but we didn't get fucked with by anyone in the area or at all on our trip. Local skaters were cool as shit and I would recommend renting a car, public transit isn't good there.

Is that enough convincing?

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 08:47:59 PM »
I went to Puerto Jimenez for a month.  There is no skateboarding there.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

shark tits

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 11:33:47 PM »
I went to Puerto Rico last winter for two weeks last February and it was the best. I stayed in San Juan and met up with a local skate rat who had pretty extensive knowledge of the whole island. The locals said the water was cold, but it was actually like bath water. I thought for sure my friends and I would have a tough time with spots but there was actually a lot of plazas that were mostly smooth and equipped with some kind of marble or granite. You'll run into rugged shit for sure, but it was one of the most productive skate trips I've been on. The food wasn't anything to write home about, a lot of chains and the stuff that was independent was usually kind of bad. Beautiful weather in February, beautiful women, great coffee. Old San Juan is definitely the tourist area but visually and party wise would probably be the most pleasant to stay in. We stayed at the San Juan International hostel and while it was cheap, it was a little disconnected from the night life and was in a sketchy area of San Juan but we didn't get fucked with by anyone in the area or at all on our trip. Local skaters were cool as shit and I would recommend renting a car, public transit isn't good there.

Is that enough convincing?
that's rad, thanks a lot. i was contemplating the other side of the island but i prolly belong in san juan. i can't drive but maybe rent a scooter to go swimming w/ the fish and all that plus it's an island so i prolly don't have to go too far to jump in the ocean. i like a nice beach but it's nice requisite, i'll swim anywhere.